Official: Arrowhead Final Four Speculation

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City

Rolling Roof supporters claim that Kansas City could compete for a Final Four if the roof is approved. What do you think?

Yes
80%
No
16%
I don't participate in polls
4%

Total votes: 49

KCDevin

Re: Official: Arrowhead Final Four Speculation

Post by KCDevin »

Also shows how bad Glass and Hunt want this to go through... I wouldn't doubt that voting no would royally *bleep* them off.

If that is true, then:
Voting Yes on Question 1 AND 2 =
Super Bowl
All-Star Game
Final Four

I really think that Glass and Hunt believe this is the last chance. They wouldn't be pulling off all of this if they weren't serious about it. These three events alone will bring the money back to the area that was spent on renovations.

This is our only chance for these events guys... Our only chance for the Super Bowl (Lamar Hunt IS aging, once he dies, no Super Bowl for us again) is now. The All-Star Game probably won't happen in KC for a long time even if we build a Downtown Stadium. The Final Four will never happen without a rolling roof.
Last edited by KCDevin on Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

KCDevin wrote: These three events alone will bring the money back to the area that was spent on renovations.
Tell that to the single mother of three serving Justing slurpees at Sonic.  Where can she get her $54 a year back?  Will she receive a check after the Super Bowl?
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

L&L, you must have been one of the idiots who voted no against the arena...
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

KCDevin wrote: L&L, you must have been one of the idiots who voted no against the arena...
Devin, come on, lay off the name calling.  People have different opinions, state yours, debate his, but don't post crap like this.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

KCDevin wrote: L&L, you must have been one of the idiots who voted no against the arena...
Nice response.  How about addressing my question?

For the record, I lived in JoCo at the times, so was unable to vote on the arena.  I did vote no on Bi State 2.
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

GRID, i cannot see his posts anymore and will ignore anything further he has to say. I'm not going to listen to someone like him who cares only about themselves and uses flawed logic.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

lock&load wrote: Tell that to the single mother of three serving Justing slurpees at Sonic.  Where can she get her $54 a year back?  Will she receive a check after the Super Bowl?
54 more customers at sonic tipping $1 piece that wouldn't be here with no Super bowl, All-star game, and final four.  Hard to actually see but I dare say a sonic in westport would get more business with 3 huge events in the city.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

KCPowercat wrote: 54 more customers at sonic tipping $1 piece that wouldn't be here with no Super bowl, All-star game, and final four.  Hard to actually see but I dare say a sonic in westport would get more business with 3 huge events in the city.
Nice try, but it is $54 a year ($18 per person * 3 person family) so she'll need to pull in an additional $1,350 from the three events ($54 * 25).
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

oh and she becomes the new assistant manager of the new sonic by the renovated complex and makes $2500/year more....hell, as long as were speaking in "what ifs", let's just have her meet a GM who loves Cherry limeades and they fall in love and she never works again.

lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

KCPowercat wrote: oh and she becomes the new assistant manager of the new sonic by the renovated complex and makes $2500/year more....hell, as long as were speaking in "what ifs", let's just have her meet a GM who loves Cherry limeades and they fall in love and she never works again.
Or she gets hit by a car trying to cross the busy streets walking to a Royals game from the new TSC Sonic.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

GRID wrote: Devin, come on, lay off the name calling.  People have different opinions, state yours, debate his, but don't post crap like this.
oh please, you even want me to show you all of the threads lockandload has called me dumbass in?
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

kcdcchef wrote: oh please, you even want me to show you all of the threads lockandload has called me dumbass in?
lock & load....come on, lay off the name calling.  People have different opinions, state yours, debate his, but don't post crap like this.

feel better chef?

lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

KCPowercat wrote: lock & load....come on, lay off the name calling.  People have different opinions, state yours, debate his, but don't post crap like this.

feel better chef?
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCPowercat wrote: lock & load....come on, lay off the name calling.  People have different opinions, state yours, debate his, but don't post crap like this.

feel better chef?
i feel fine bro!!

i just found it funny that the person who calls the most names in these debates, had someone defending him!!

LOL!
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Burton
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Burton »

KCDevin wrote: The Final Four will never happen without a rolling roof.
Myth.
We can build a retractable roof over Arrowhead only for half of what they want under the rolling roof proposal, and still get a Final Four. From an architectural standpoint the rolling roof would be incredible, but seriously do the Royals REALLY need it that bad that the 100 million extra for the "rolling" part justifies 2-3 rainouts a year?
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Burton wrote: Myth.
We can build a retractable roof over Arrowhead only for half of what they want under the rolling roof proposal, and still get a Final Four. From an architectural standpoint the rolling roof would be incredible, but seriously do the Royals REALLY need it that bad that the 100 million extra for the "rolling" part justifies 2-3 rainouts a year?
well, in fairness burton, the royals are not campaigning for it, so, without a retractable or rolling roof, the final four would not ever happen. so, it is true.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

kcdcchef wrote: well, in fairness burton, the royals are not campaigning for it, so, without a retractable or rolling roof, the final four would not ever happen. so, it is true.
Without a rolling roof, the Final Four might not like playing at Kauffman Stadium.  They might have to move it to Kemper Arena.
KC is the way to be!
Burton
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Burton »

Right, but you see that a RETRACTABLE roof is still a possibility, whereas KCDevin was implying that if Vote 2 fails, there's no chance of a Final Four ever. I was just pointing out that even if Vote 2 does fail, they can still build a retractable roof over Arrowhead only and still get one.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Burton wrote: Right, but you see that a RETRACTABLE roof is still a possibility, whereas KCDevin was implying that if Vote 2 fails, there's no chance of a Final Four ever. I was just pointing out that even if Vote 2 does fail, they can still build a retractable roof over Arrowhead only and still get one.
something either posnanski or whitlock said, if one passes and two fails, the nfl and lamar hunt will FIND a way to get that super bowl, and i would say the same of a final four.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Burton wrote: Right, but you see that a RETRACTABLE roof is still a possibility, whereas KCDevin was implying that if Vote 2 fails, there's no chance of a Final Four ever. I was just pointing out that even if Vote 2 does fail, they can still build a retractable roof over Arrowhead only and still get one.
Well, that's great and everything, but how is Arrowhead having a retractable roof going to help the Final Four at Kauffman Stadium?

(Note: I'm just kidding, so don't even dignify that with a response!)   8)
KC is the way to be!