Midtown Graffiti problem

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: Midtown Graffiti problem

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

justin8216 wrote: This is a ridiculous thing to post. I will have to say I am thoroughly disgusted with the attitude on here attacking me for wanting to do the right thing, instead of attacking the criminal, or Kansas City, MO for failure to do something about this growing problem.That is what should be debated here. From the posts I've seen it's no wonder MO is covered in graffiti. There is not a building in Westport that does not have these tags on them. When will the city act?
woah woah woah - are you attacking the city for failing to do anything when you are the one who just watched it happen without reporting it?  If you had called and they told you to get lost or didn't take it seriously than by all means complain away - I would have backed you up.  However, you are attacking the KCMO for not doing anything to stop a crime you didn't report, while extolling the virtues of KCK's response? - sounds like flaimbait to me.  You better add me to your ignore list with lock & load because I think he is right on target. 
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

im worried about people who are drinking and driving around my neighborhood, frought over wether or not they should call 911 over a tagger, when there are people drinking and driving all over the city that the cops should be busting. if you had a designated driver justin, then im off base, but otherwise this is absolutely rediculous...
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

warwickland wrote: im worried about people who are drinking and driving around my neighborhood, frought over wether or not they should call 911 over a tagger, when there are people drinking and driving all over the city that the cops should be busting. if you had a designated driver justin, then im off base, but otherwise this is absolutely rediculous...
Can you show me the post where I ever said I was intoxicated? If you are  worried about people drinking and driving in Westport, then I don't know what to tell you. "Maybe" you should move.
Sportster
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Sportster »

justin8216 wrote: This is a ridiculous thing to post. I will have to say I am thoroughly disgusted with the attitude on here attacking me for wanting to do the right thing, instead of attacking the criminal, or Kansas City, MO for failure to do something about this growing problem.That is what should be debated here. From the posts I've seen it's no wonder MO is covered in graffiti. There is not a building in Westport that does not have these tags on them. When will the city act?
Keerist! YOU are the one that didn't call it in, take responsibility for your own inaction. But instead you want big brother ("the city")  to be everywhere, all the time, waiting for some idiot-stick gang banger tagger to walk out of Westlake w/ a can of Krylon?
As for your rhetorical "when will the city act"? They did. Last year City council passed a resolution making it illegal to have grafitti on your building for more than 48 hours. Short of your Orwellian solution, it puts the oweness on the taggee to remove the offending tag in a timely manner, lest he be summoned to Cagle's Court.

Sportster
...still got my grafitti block
Paintfumes
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Paintfumes »

Are taggers for hire ? they probably can do a nice jungle scene on a building by our house.
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11
kucer
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by kucer »

Anyone seen the small billboard on the SE corner of 39th & Broadway?  Some deliquent has advertised "The Graffiti Store" as being located beneath the billboard. I still crack up everytime I drive by it. It's wrong to do, but that is kind of funny.
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

Sportster wrote: Keerist! YOU are the one that didn't call it in, take responsibility for your own inaction. But instead you want big brother ("the city")  to be everywhere, all the time, waiting for some idiot-stick gang banger tagger to walk out of Westlake w/ a can of Krylon?
As for your rhetorical "when will the city act"? They did. Last year City council passed a resolution making it illegal to have grafitti on your building for more than 48 hours. Short of your Orwellian solution, it puts the oweness on the taggee to remove the offending tag in a timely manner, lest he be summoned to Cagle's Court.

Sportster
...still got my grafitti block

Really? Too bad Midtown-Westport is still covered in graffati. I guess it's another success for Kansas City MO city government......Keep it up! Why don't the people who live down there do something about it????
Paintfumes
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Paintfumes »

Maybe the neighborhood associations can come together and hire CDIC's graffiti removal team ?
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11
Steve52
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Steve52 »

It's freaking out of control.

I guess most people are two lazy to go to Westlake. Pick up some red and silver paint. And go out and clean the sign up thats been defaced on their corner. 

Not to mention how clueless the average citizen is about the gangs problem.
Sportster
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Sportster »

Steve52 wrote: It's freaking out of control.

I guess most people are two lazy to go to Westlake. Pick up some red and silver paint. And go out and clean the sign up thats been defaced on their corner. 

Not to mention how clueless the average citizen is about the gangs problem.
Thank you. God forbid the citizenry should have ANY initiative at all! I say if its there more than 72 hours, call it in! As for the gangs, there are about 20 new ones in town. Ask your local district officer about it. Its everywhere. If youi think its not, then I'd like to sell you a bridge somewhere! :shock:

Sportster
...if yer not part of the problem, be part of the solution
Steve52
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Steve52 »

Sportster wrote: Thank you. God forbid the citizenry should have ANY initiative at all! I say if its there more than 72 hours, call it in! As for the gangs, there are about 20 new ones in town. Ask your local district officer about it. Its everywhere. If youi think its not, then I'd like to sell you a bridge somewhere! :shock:

Sportster
...if yer not part of the problem, be part of the solution
You got that right. It used to be Cities didn't want to freak out citizens by acknowledging a gang problem. A lot of good denial did us now that we are up to our necks in it.