New Coaster coming to WOF

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: New Coaster coming to WOF

Post by MidWestSider »

Looks like as you go up the 1st incline.. you will have a good veiw of DTKC to the left.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

the timberwolf still does that.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Is this as high as the other tall coaster?  I can see it and that drop ride tower from the View.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

nah, this is shorter than the mamba. but still pretty damn tall.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Got a quick shot of the Patriot UC today...

kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

looks like worlds of fun is in for a nice attendance bounce next year!!!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

sweet...I completely forgot about them building this....can't wait.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

i already know for a fact i have an april trip on my calender to kc, i am going to have to work in worlds of fun, that will be cool, because i enjoy worlds most in the spring, not too hot.
Gladstoner
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Gladstoner »

kcdcchef wrote: i already know for a fact i have an april trip on my calender to kc, i am going to have to work in worlds of fun, that will be cool, because i enjoy worlds most in the spring, not too hot.
Cool. Which stand are you chef'n at?
A fool and your money are soon united.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

actually, if you would like a tidbit on my culinary roots, i was hired by worlds of fun, years, years, and decades ago, to be a dishwasher, back in the good ole days when they could still hire 14 year olds. i was hired into food service, after specifically requesting merchandise as 1st choice, operations as 2nd, and grounds as 3rd, of course i was put in food service, and as a dishwasher at the parks full service restaurant, the inn of the four winds, now named all stars. any ways, the park had an executive chef, and i really took a liking to him. we palled around all summer, even though i promised myself it was only for that summer, working in food service, and now, all these years later, the only thing i know how to do is be a chef. funny, eh??
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

I can see this from my place downtown looking northeast.  From here looks like the outline of a smaller mountain to the north of the other two.
jj116533
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by jj116533 »

Hey my name is greg i live in Leawood and i noticed on the webcam for the patirot, they have finished the loop and are now on to the rest of the roller coaster.
Student at NYU studying Metropolitan Studies and Economic Theory.  Real Estate connoisseur.
http://twitter.com/#!/grecobs
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

jj116533 wrote: Hey my name is greg i live in Leawood and i noticed on the webcam for the patirot, they have finished the loop and are now on to the rest of the roller coaster.
Welcome to the forum Greg.

I just took that pic yesterday, so they must have been quick to finish the loop!
jj116533
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by jj116533 »

ya they are already on the next part of the coaster to me it looks like the connected one piece of track after the loop as well
Student at NYU studying Metropolitan Studies and Economic Theory.  Real Estate connoisseur.
http://twitter.com/#!/grecobs
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Post by KCN »

Man this thing is going up fast.  I think I am going to buy my first season pass in 5 years, despite the fact I live 10 hrs away.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

This is a 14 million dollar ride right?  They could have saved a lot of money and renovated/painted, added more restrooms etc to the Orient for 10 million!

I just think that would have been a much better option. I grew up riding the OE, I'm not going to go to the park now that they tore it down for a new ride, plus the lines will now be longer and the park will be busier.  They will probably raise ticket prices too. ;)
MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by MidWestSider »

GRID wrote: I grew up riding the OE, I'm not going to go to the park now that they tore it down for a new ride, plus the lines will now be longer and the park will be busier.  They will probably raise ticket prices too. ;)
Are you talking about "The K"?  :lol:
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

funny, too funny.

no that i am in pittsbugh, i get to go to kennywood a little more often. wife and i went this summer. great park. love it. and they have all the old rides, that are old as shit. their steel roller coaster is like 25 years old, and their wooden ones, are all 50+ years old. but those old coasters, the zinger, the express, as much as i hated seeing them go, i had the benefit like a lot of kansas citians, of working at worlds of fun. and in the seasons i was there, the last 3 i worked there during the off season too, doing clean up and what not. and i can tell you, that there was always a HUGE maintenence presence at the zinger, and the express, daily. everytime i was at the warehouse picking up an order, some tech dude was there getting major parts for them. that is not cost effective. from what i read in a newsletter, worlds of fun had a contract with some company out of cleveland to build parts for the zinger because the company that made the zinger had been out of business for 10 years, and that was 18 years ago. so, if you think about it, from a public relations standpoint, it kills worlds to lose old rides, from a business standpoint, losing 100,000 customers a season by ripping those rides out, probably pays for itself in wages and parts. hate to lose them, and if they end up trashing the timberwolf someday, i will  cry over that too. .

and dont compare this to the k discussion, a stadium is a tad different than a poorly manufactered thrill ride.
MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by MidWestSider »

Who said progress was a slow process.  I wish all projects moved this Fast!!

KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

Really nice looking roller coster! I hope they run several ad's showing the new coster to draw in a bigger attendance average.