2010 Chiefs

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: 2010 Chiefs

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

OK, are the Chiefs a team that had 10 wins and 5 losses after a 15 game season?  Or are the Chiefs a team that stunk for its last two games?  Yeah, yesterday it was 10-7 after the after half but look at the time of possession.  And that 10 minute drive in the 4th quarter was a real killer.

On the bright side the team did make the playoffs and it is a young team.  Hopefully the staff will do some heavy evaluation of players and will have another above average draft and free agent signings.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

610 sports reporting that Todd Haley relieved Charlie Weiss of play-calling duties in the second half of the game…..

Worked about as well as last year.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

shinatoo wrote: 610 sports reporting that Todd Haley relieved Charlie Weiss of play-calling duties in the second half of the game…..

Worked about as well as last year.
That only means something if we know the source of this information and more details.  It sounds more like a radio personality trying to incite controversy than anything else.  Bob Fescoe has a history of saying things like this to create a buzz.  If Haley did call the entire second half, though, it was a complete disaster.  Could be that Weis was just unprofessional about the situation and wouldn't cooperate... or the other way around.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

bobbyhawks wrote: Bob Fescoe has a history of saying things like this to create a buzz. 
WHAT?!?!?! WHAT!!??! Are you insinuating that what I hear on the radio about sports may not actually be true? I'm divested.

At least I can still trust Kietzman.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

shinatoo wrote: WHAT?!?!?! WHAT!!??! Are you insinuating that what I hear on the radio about sports may not actually be true? I'm divested.

I won't believe any of this until I hear it on JACK'S SMACK!
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

shinatoo wrote: WHAT?!?!?! WHAT!!??! Are you insinuating that what I hear on the radio about sports may not actually be true? I'm divested.

KCMax wrote: I won't believe any of this until I hear it on JACK'S SMACK!
Well played.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Broncos OC Mike McCoy rumored to be the favorite for new Chiefs OC.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

AllThingsKC wrote: I can handle not winning a playoff game in 18 years.  

I can handle losing 30-7 at home.

I can handle sitting there in the snow and freezing temperatures.

But, how can I sleep at night knowing KC's reputation as a football town is forever tarnished?

Ok, forever tarnished may have been over the top.

But the stadium was far from full.  There were plenty of empty seats in all levels and in all prices (be it unsold or noshows).  Look at every other playoff game and you would be hard pressed to find any empty seats let alone 5-10,000, even if they might have had a difficult time selling out beforehand.  By game time, the stadiums are full.

I noticed the cameras avoided showing much of the stadium during the game to avoid the empty seats.  And the stadium was half empty by the end of the third quarter.

I know it was cold, I know the chiefs are not a superbowl team yet, I know all that.  I also know that the sports teams in KC suck and have sucked for a very long time.

I just hope that one day KC will have respectable sports teams again.

I guess that's the bottom line.  The teams have been bad for too long and it's finally caught up.  The Royals attendance could drop to an all time low next year as well.

Regardless, Go Chiefs and Royals, Fan forever.
Last edited by GRID on Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

GRID wrote: Ok, forever tarnished may have been over the top.

But the stadium was far from full.  There were plenty of empty seats in all levels and in all prices (be it unsold or noshows).  Look at every other playoff game and you would be hard pressed to find any empty seats let alone 5-10,000, even if they might have had a difficult time selling out beforehand.  By game time, the stadiums are full.

I noticed the cameras avoided showing much of the stadium during the game to avoid the empty seats.  And the stadium was half empty by the end of the third quarter.

I know it was cold, I know the chiefs are not a superbowl team yet, I know all that.  I also know that the sports teams in KC suck and have sucked for a very long time.

I guess that's the bottom line.  The teams have been bad for too long and it's finally caught up.  The Royals attendance could drop to an all time low next year as well.

Regardless, Go Chiefs and Royals, Fan forever.
Why on Earth did the stadium deserve to be full?
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Ok, I'll bite and take the bait...
GRID wrote: But the stadium was far from full.
72,190 were at the game.  I want you to remember that number because I'm going to mention it again.  After the renovations, Arrowhead holds 76,000+.  Please explain how that is "far from full."

GRID wrote: Look at every other playoff game and you would be hard pressed to find any empty seats let alone 5-10,000...
1. Where were Arrowhead's 5000-10,000 empty seats?  By my count, they only had 4,000ish empty seats.

2. KANSAS CITY HAS HAD THE HIGHEST ATTENDED PLAYOFF GAME THIS YEAR.

New York @ Indianapolis: 65,332 attended in a stadium that can hold 70,000.  That seems to be about 5,000 empty seats.  Is Indy's reputation as a football town forever tarnished now?

New Orleans @ Seattle: 66,336 attended in a stadium that can hold 72,000.  That seems to be about 5,000 empty seats.

Green Bay @ Philadelphia: 69,144 attended in a stadium that can hold 69,144.  So, one city out of 4 had no empty seats.  Yay for them.

One of these things is not like the others, one of these just doesn't belong.  Can you tell me thing is not like the others now before I finish my song?

65,332 in Indianapolis
66,336 in Seattle
69,1444 in Philadelphia
64,879 in Pittsburgh
69,210 in Atlanta
68,756 max for New England
61,500 max for Chicago
72,190 IN KANSAS CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is not possible for the remaining teams to top KC's 72,190, no matter who has a home game next week.

GRID wrote: And the stadium was half empty by the end of the third quarter.
So?  Is that unique to Kansas City when the game has already been decided?  Did you see the Georgia Dome at the end of the 3rd Qtr in that already decided game?    It was freezing in Kansas City.  What's Atlanta's excuse? 

GRID wrote: I know it was cold, I know the chiefs are not a superbowl team yet, I know all that.  I also know that the sports teams in KC suck and have sucked for a very long time.

I know what you mean.  Or, at least I think I know what you're trying to say.  But, it's not the fans' fault that KC sucks so much. 

GRID wrote: I guess that's the bottom line.  The teams have been bad for too long and it's finally caught up.
It has?  Could have fooled me as the Royals continue to sell-out half of their stadium on a regular basis and the Chiefs have the highest attendance of any playoff game this year.  Please show me where "it's finally caught up."

GRID wrote: The Royals attendance could drop to an all time low next year as well.
So what if it does?  Show me another losing team with better support.

GRID wrote: Regardless, Go Chiefs and Royals, Fan forever.
AMEN, GRID!  It seems that your frustration is with the lack of success from these teams for so long.  (That's what I think you're trying to say.)    But, then you rip on the fans for not supporting them.  I know it's merely a matter of opinion, but if you look at the numbers, (attendance and record) and compare that to other cities, I think you will find that KC is no different than any other city...OR...you may even find that KC supports their teams slightly better than other cities.  It's not all doom and gloom, GRID. 

And, if either one or both of these teams can get something positive going and keep it going, you should know these hungry fans will show-up in droves.
KC is the way to be!
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

The paid attendence was 72k.  Actual attendence was probably closer to 65.

Other than that, I agree.  I'm mostly taking out my frustrations on the fans when it should be directed more at the teams.  I do agree that any other city would be the same way if their teams were so bad for so long.

But it can get frustraiting when 9000 people show up to a tbones game on a friday and only 12k show up at kauffman on the same night and people complain about ticket prices etc.

They are bad teams, but they are very cheap when compared to other markets and even though they lose more often than they win, it's still major league sports in major league sports venues.

Bottom line is they have got to get better.  At least competitive.  Especially the royals.
Last edited by GRID on Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

GRID wrote: The paid attendence was 72k.  Actually attendence was probably closer to 65.
Ok, so why does that logic ONLY apply to KC...and not the other cities that clearly had some empty seats?  Maybe the other teams are only reporting paid attendance as well?

GRID wrote: Other than that, I agree.  I'm mostly taking out my frustrations on the fans when it should be directed more at the teams.  I do agree that no other city would be any different if their teams were so bad for so long.
I know KC's sports history sucks.  And this is just a matter of opinion, but I think these teams are supported very well when you factor when their history.
KC is the way to be!
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

GRID wrote: Bottom line is they have got to get better.  At least competitive.  Especially the royals.
I don't disagree.  But, that is on the TEAMS, not the fans.  12-25K is GOOD for the Royals.  I do agree that if they ever want that to get better....they have to improve the team.  But, that's not unique to KC.
KC is the way to be!
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

AllThingsKC wrote: I know KC's sports history sucks.  And this is just a matter of opinion, but I think these teams are supported very well when you factor when their history.
The history is not that bad, it's the present and last 10-20 years that have sucked depending on the team.  The Royals were once the best ran organization in baseball and a perennial contender and Chiefs have a good early history too plus some years as a contender during the Schottenheimer era. 
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

GRID wrote: The paid attendence was 72k.  Actual attendence was probably closer to 65.
Source?
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

KC is the way to be!
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

GRID wrote: The paid attendence was 72k.  Actual attendence was probably closer to 65.

Other than that, I agree.  I'm mostly taking out my frustrations on the fans when it should be directed more at the teams.  I do agree that any other city would be the same way if their teams were so bad for so long.

But it can get frustraiting when 9000 people show up to a tbones game on a friday and only 12k show up at kauffman on the same night and people complain about ticket prices etc.

They are bad teams, but they are very cheap when compared to other markets and even though they lose more often than they win, it's still major league sports in major league sports venues.

Bottom line is they have got to get better.  At least competitive.  Especially the royals.
Was at the game...no fucking way there was 11,000 empty seats.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

NDTeve wrote: Was at the game...no fucking way there was 11,000 empty seats.
I saw it on TV and while most of the lower and upper levels looked full, the club level did not look all that full. 
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Highlander wrote: I saw it on TV and while most of the lower and upper levels looked full, the club level did not look all that full. 
...only in the endzones.
KC is the way to be!
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

Highlander wrote: I saw it on TV and while most of the lower and upper levels looked full, the club level did not look all that full. 
Definitely the most empty section. Wonder how many of those had paid and watched much in the Club Level Bar. It was packed when I went in at halftime and think a bunch of people stayed in there.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain