Best Breakfast

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Best Breakfast

Post by chingon »

Maybe its because breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
voltopt
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by voltopt »

i *heart* breakfast.
"I never quarrel, sir; but I do fight, sir; and when I fight, sir, a funeral follows, sir."   -senator thomas hart benton
Imani Malaika
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Imani Malaika »

It would be helpful to mention addresses and price ranges for those not familiar with your fav dives (esp. for newcomers and visitors).

Thanx, y'all!
barkerr
New York Life
New York Life

Post by barkerr »

The Diner in the River Market is our favorite. (They take cash only, by the way.)
eclair
New York Life
New York Life

Post by eclair »

You Say Tomato at 28th and Holmes is my favorite.  Best biscuits 'n gravy and also great cheese grits.  I haven't tried Eggct. (?) around 52nd and Main yet, but hear it is good.  I like the food at Mama's on 39th, but not the smoke.  YJs is another all time favorite.  In KCK, I go to Dagwoods or Woodswether.
heatherkay
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by heatherkay »

We've gotten very attached the the former-Waids, now-Poco's at 31st and SW Blvd.  Great mix of Mexican and American breakfast, excellent specials, and some kick-ass people watching. 
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

eclair wrote: In KCK, I go to Dagwoods or Woodswether.
Woodswether's still KCMO.  :)  Which reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask... has anyone tried the new place that sprung up in Woodswether's old location?  (I can't remember the name of it at the moment.)
Moniker
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Moniker »

Reverse on the weekends. Believe it or not, it's fancy (you can take your parents or guests from out of town there and not be embarassed about the decor, the people or the quality of food), it's cheap and it's damn good. Rarely packed, it's a wonderful atmosphere when they open up the windows on a warm morning.

The food is much better than what Cup and Saucers was (RIP).
eclair
New York Life
New York Life

Post by eclair »

scooterj wrote: Woodswether's still KCMO.  :)   
Thanks for the clarification.  I always thought that was into KCK!  I will also second Moniker on ReVerse.  I stumbled onto it when the line at the Classic Cup was too outrageous.  Loved the open windows and food was really good.  For a healthy option, I also really enjoy Eden's Alley below Unity Temple.  Great outdoor patio, if you can snag a seat there.