Official: Arrowhead Final Four Speculation

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City

Rolling Roof supporters claim that Kansas City could compete for a Final Four if the roof is approved. What do you think?

Yes
80%
No
16%
I don't participate in polls
4%

Total votes: 49

kucer
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Official: Arrowhead Final Four Speculation

Post by kucer »

we spend millions in tax dollars on both the airport and the zoo.
chef, what is this "we" BS??? you live in steel town, dude. come back to the city you shunned and then you should be allowed to talk.  if you don't live here, you should pipe down..period.  are u really marty wall??

oh, the insanity!!!!!!!!
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

kucer wrote: chef, what is this "we" BS??? you live in steel town, dude. come back to the city you shunned and then you should be allowed to talk.  if you don't live here, you should pipe down..period.  are u really marty wall??
Uh oh, how dare you bring up where chef lives unless you are an idiot and have nothing else to say.  Don't you know it is crazy to expect Kansas Citians to decide what we want, we all must bow to chef.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

kcdcchef wrote: try again. we spend millions in tax dollars on both the airport and the zoo. in 1989, the jackson county taxpayers approved tens of millions in tax money for the zoo, so, we spend a lot on them.
1) The airport gets zero tax dollars. It's financed by airline rent and ticket fees.

2) Jackson County did NOT approve any money for the zoo.  The zoo is owned by the city of KCMO and that's the entity that approved the 1989 money, including KCMO residents in Clay and Platte Counties.
kucer
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by kucer »

i wonder how much chef is getting compensated from SOS... they probably billed it as catering, cuz he is feeding us so much BS.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

kucer wrote: chef, what is this "we" BS??? you live in steel town, dude. come back to the city you shunned and then you should be allowed to talk.  if you don't live here, you should pipe down..period.  are u really marty wall??

oh, the insanity!!!!!!!!
anyone can comment in this forum. thanks for the stupid commentary.
dangerboy wrote: 1) The airport gets zero tax dollars. It's financed by airline rent and ticket fees.

2) Jackson County did NOT approve any money for the zoo.  The zoo is owned by the city of KCMO and that's the entity that approved the 1989 money, including KCMO residents in Clay and Platte Counties.
if the city and or county does not spend any money on the airport why are their pictures of the mayor at kci holding a paint brush saying we are sprucing up the place?

jackson county, kcmo, either way, money was approved more than once for the zoo. and it is not downtown. according to lockandload the zoo should be closed down and moved to 20th and mcgee.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

kcdcchef wrote: if the city and or county does not spend any money on the airport why are their pictures of the mayor at kci holding a paint brush saying we are sprucing up the place?
Because it's owned by the city.  The water department is in the same situation. It's owned by the city it's financed by user fees instead of taxes.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

kcdcchef wrote: according to lockandload the zoo should be closed down and moved to 20th and mcgee.

A zoo would be a hell of a lot nicer than that Assurant Parking lot.  It probably has enough acreage too.   :D

They might have to start keeping the garage doors closed at the Cashew though - no one wants to smell elephant poop while they are eating. 
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

bbqboy wrote: The 88 finals were a bone to KC on the 50th anniversary. The NCAA policy is to place all FF in Domes since then.
The idea of being outside, even if under a roof, seems laughable.
Indianopolis made a tremendous bid to unseat the NCAA, while our city fathers
sat on their hands. KC had assumed since it was a home grown organization
They were loyal to the City.
...but Money Talks, eh?
I would not say that KC sat on their hands, they made as good as offer as they could with a location near Crown Center but Indianapolis raided KC with huge money backed up by the Eli Lilly Corporation.  Cedric Dempsey was the asshole who led them out of KC and turned the NCAA into the pathetic money-grubbing organization that it is today.  He had no loyalities to KC and was pretty much looking for as much of handout as he could get.  I have about as high  regard for Indianapolis since that time as Grid does Johnson County (I love the fact that Pittsburgh knocked them out of the playoffs this year).   One thing for certain, the NCAA will leave Indy as soon as they smell a better deal elsewhere. 
Last edited by Highlander on Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
49r
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by 49r »

bbqboy wrote: The 88 finals were a bone to KC on the 50th anniversary. The NCAA policy is to place all FF in Domes since then.
Yeah, except in 1990 it was at McNichols arena in Denver, then in 1994 it was at the Charlotte Coliseum, then in 1996 it was at Continental Airlines Arena in E. Rutherford, NJ.

But other than that it has been held ONLY at domed stadiums since 1988...
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I'm pretty sure the NCAA has stated the Final Four will only be in stadiums that can fit 40,000 plus from now on. Obviously that didn't come about right after 1988, but I'm pretty sure that is their policy now.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
AF
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by AF »

Definately the final four would come back. We have the history, the new HOF, and an exciting new downtown. Reliant in Houston is not downtown.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: If that is the case why are not all of the Final Fours in Indy?
They get the final four every four years....pretty sweet deal.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

ShowME wrote: I'm just so fed up with the leadership in this town.  None of them have any backbone or vision besides the hiccup that occurred with the Sprint Center and P&L District.  Hopefully things change for the better once this thing fails on tuesday. 
$4Billion in downtown construction and there is no leadership.....not biased at all.

MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by MidWestSider »

kcdchef VS lockandload in the chat room NOW!!..  We still have a  chat room..  i think.!!
MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by MidWestSider »

MidWestSider wrote: kcdchef VS lockandload in the chat room NOW!!..  We still have a  chat room..  i think.!!
ok.. so maybe we dont.  nevermind
bbqboy
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by bbqboy »

49r wrote: Yeah, except in 1990 it was at McNichols arena in Denver, then in 1994 it was at the Charlotte Coliseum, then in 1996 it was at Continental Airlines Arena in E. Rutherford, NJ.

But other than that it has been held ONLY at domed stadiums since 1988...
Guilty of not following my own googling rule.
  http://www.ncaasports.com/basketball/mens/story/9033549

After determining that three of the next four Final Four host facilities should have a minimum capacity of 30,000, the committee selected Charlotte, Seattle, The Meadowlands and Indian¬apolis to host in 1994, 1995, 1996 and 1997.

1993 The minimum facility seating capacity for first and second rounds and regionals was established at 12,000.

The basketball committee selected San Antonio, St. Petersburg, Indianapolis, Minneapolis and Atlanta to host the Final Four in 1998 thru 2002.
1998 Bracketing policies were changed so that competition at all three sites within each particular region would be conducted on the same days of the week and tournament hosts' teams would be permitted to play on the days they are hosting.

The name of the Southeast Region was changed to the South Region.

The basketball committee continued selecting Final Four host facilities with a minimum seating capacity of 30,000 when it picked New Orleans, San Antonio, St. Louis, Indianapolis and At¬lanta to host in 2003-2007.

2003 As part of the 1999 “bundled rightsâ€
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I think there should be a chatroom and only chef and lock are allowed to chat in it, and they are not allowed to post anywhere else.

At least until April 4.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

KCMax wrote: I think there should be a chatroom and only chef and lock are allowed to chat in it, and they are not allowed to post anywhere else.

At least until April 4.
It would bring the entire server to a screaching halt, you can't want that :)
NorthLeawood4
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by NorthLeawood4 »

My dad, who is on the KC Sports Comission, last night said an announcement from the NCAA awarding us with a Final Four if the roof passes is actually expected to come tomorrow or Thursday. I'm not kidding. Even the head of the Sports Commision said it tonight when I talked to him at my dad's office. This isn't bogus and is all true.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I wouldn't doubt it.....there will be some big announcements this week I'm betting.  Glass/Hunt are pulling out favors left and right.