Help me find the best place

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
kucer
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Help me find the best place

Post by kucer »

yeah, i do cling to a little bit of hope.
KCRealtor
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCRealtor »

is warnett still here?  would hate to think we are wasting our knowledge on dead air.
warnett
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by warnett »

I'm still here. I really appreciate all your input. I've been very busy these last few weeks. My wife and I have been looking for a place in the Roeland Park, Prairie Village area. My daughter will be starting kindergarten this fall and I can't stomach the idea of paying ~$1000/month for private school when she starts grammar school. If I didn't have any kids I'd be moving downtown for sure. I really miss living in the city. My commute in SF consisted of a 10 min cable car ride down the hill to Market Street. On my way home I had dozens of amazing restaurants I could walk into and get take out. Now I drive 30 min each way and have some national chains to choose from if my wife doesn't feel like cooking. Olive Garden (Italian for Applebee’s) is the closest restaurant to my house.

I really got a kick out of that ad for the cabin in Redwood City. Real Estate prices are insane in SF. A friend of mine spent 1.1 mil on a 2 bdrm 1100 sqft condo in SF. He feels lucky to have found it and feels like he got a good deal. I'm trying to convince an apartment building owner friend of mine into converting her 42 unit building into 24 very expensive condos.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Is Academie Lafayette a private school or charter school? Is there tuition? Can anyone get in?

Also, do private schools like Pembroke Hill, Barstow, St. Theresa's, etc offer scholarships based on merit rather than need? What are some good schools in KC for the arts?
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
kucer
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by kucer »

AL is a charter school. It's free. As far as I know, anyone can get in.

Here's their website:
http://academie-lafayette.com/index.php?lg=en

They could use some help with web design.

Paseo Academy for Fine Arts & Performing Arts is a great arts school. My neighbor, who is also the organ grinder for the royals, has a kid their now.  I believe you gotsta have some skills to get in. Here's their website:
http://www.kcmsd.k12.mo.us/schools/home ... choolid=46

Not sure about the scholly question.