P+L Tenant Rumors

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: P+L Tenant Rumors

Post by KCPowercat »

I didn't realize until the other day that Filene's was based out of Columbus...I always thought it was a boston company.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

weird...when I was reading a story the other day about them shutting down that store in the downtown crossing, I swore it said they were owned by a company in Columbus.  Yup they are.

http://columbus.bizjournals.com/columbu ... aily3.html
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
ComandanteCero
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by ComandanteCero »

KCPowercat wrote: I didn't realize until the other day that Filene's was based out of Columbus...I always thought it was a boston company.
According to the website, their corporate HQ is in a Boston suburb, and their flagship store is in Boston.
KC Region is all part of the same animal regardless of state and county lines.
Think on the Regional scale.
ComandanteCero
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by ComandanteCero »

I wouldn't be surprised.
KC Region is all part of the same animal regardless of state and county lines.
Think on the Regional scale.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

while i would love a filene's, i hope no one is thinking that cordish would say "like fred segal" and really mean filene's basement. there are really just two options for that size: barney's or our own standard (or something else that is in that realm). unfortunately, it will really give hall's a run for their money.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

DaveKCMO wrote: unfortunately, it will really give hall's a run for their money.
could it be halls? 
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

chrizow wrote: could it be halls? 
now THAT would be interesting! i could see them opening a clothing-only boutique version of their current store.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

What, and challenge Jos A. Bank?
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

KCMax wrote: What, and challenge Jos A. Bank?
i doubt it. if it is hall's, i certainly don't see them moving downtown to replicate all of the traditional stuff from the CC and plaza locations. i really think that this will be either a standard style boutique or barney's, not a place that sells traditional menswear or sterling silver candlesticks.
Moniker
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Moniker »

California Pizza Kitchen is a confirmed tenant of the P&L District. According to my fiance who works there, they have begun preemptively divying their crew between two new locations - one in Overland Park, one for the downtown location.
voltopt
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by voltopt »

This is true.  I can corroborate from another source that used to work there.
"I never quarrel, sir; but I do fight, sir; and when I fight, sir, a funeral follows, sir."   -senator thomas hart benton
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

wow, CPK!  Jos. A Bank!  Sprint Store!  that'll really bring 'em in from the burbs!  :shock:
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

chrizow wrote: could it be halls? 
Why would people visit Hall's @ Crown Center if they locate downtown? Besides, Hall's is more Cruella Deville than Fred Segal. I hope it's a trendy local concept.
chrizow wrote: wow, CPK!  Jos. A Bank!  Sprint Store!  that'll really bring 'em in from the burbs!  :shock:
SPIN Pizza probably would've been better than CPK, but they're a hugely popular chain and will fit in well with what is going on around it. The utter dissection of every tenant in such a large development is getting a little maddening.
jj116533
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by jj116533 »

does any one think that possibly cordish is holding out with the really big tennants for an aw factor when it first opens.
Student at NYU studying Metropolitan Studies and Economic Theory.  Real Estate connoisseur.
http://twitter.com/#!/grecobs
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

chrizow wrote: wow, CPK!  Jos. A Bank!  Sprint Store!  that'll really bring 'em in from the burbs!  :shock:
I'm waiting for Cartridge World.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
KC ROO
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KC ROO »

jj116533 wrote: does any one think that possibly cordish is holding out with the really big tennants for an aw factor when it first opens.
They are, tenets will be released 5 at a time, with some remaining a secret until opening day, no signs will be put up for these tenets or anything.
Last edited by KC ROO on Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Make no small plans: they have no magic to stir men's blood,"  Daniel Burnham.
macnw
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by macnw »

Thank God, something to appease the many on this board who are crying about what has already been detailed :?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

this tidbit about the divorce of debbie gold and michael smith (of 40 Sardines and The American fame) was in joyce smith's column today:

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascit ... 683896.htm
Smith wants to open a location — perhaps in the Country Club Plaza area, Crossroads Arts District or the Power & Light District. He may have two concepts, one fine-dining, one a casual cafe.
the article also notes that they are minority partners and created the menu for SPIN! pizza, which i hadn't heard before.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

the rumor i heard is that the crossroads is the front runner. They had originally looked at a couple of spaces in the crossroads for 40 Sardines, but chose the Joco site instead. I'd love to see him open another original kc restaurant in the crossroads. The district could easily become the place for KC independent restaurants, just a short walk from the more mainstream P&L district. 
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

tat2kc wrote: the rumor i heard is that the crossroads is the front runner. They had originally looked at a couple of spaces in the crossroads for 40 Sardines, but chose the Joco site instead. I'd love to see him open another original kc restaurant in the crossroads. The district could easily become the place for KC independent restaurants, just a short walk from the more mainstream P&L district. 
maybe he could buy zin? if not, i'd love to see some more retail on that block of main, especially on the east side.