OFFICIAL: Briarcliff Village

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Re: Briarcliff Village

Post by GRID »

That's because 90% of those small businesses that fail are BS to begin with....

The "local" businesses that will be coming to Briarcliff will have just as good a chance to succeed there as national chains.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

^ Yes.  These aren't local operations like Suzy's Scrapbooking, these are local names like Tivol, Piropos, etc.  Most people have no idea the amount of wealth and un-served demand for higher end retail in Platte County. 
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Thrillcekr »

Briarcliff Village tenants announced:

Briarcliff Village, a new retail, residential and business center at Highway 169 and Highway, announced its first tenants at a July 13 Riverside Chamber of Commerce meeting. The grand opening is Oct. 21. Two condominium towers are scheduled to open in September.

The tenants announced: Tivol Jewels; Piropo’s Restaurant; Green Acres Organic Market; Nolte’s Collections, bridal and evening wear; Prairiebrooke Gallery, fine art gallery; Latte Land; Village Café, bistro and café; Trezo Mare, seafood restaurant; Rimann’s Wine Shop; Moda Domani, men’s clothing and tailor; Finishings for Her, women’s accessories and apparel; T. Wynn Studio, women’s apparel; L&L Home Goods & Gifts; Eclektica-The Salon at Briarcliff.

Other retail shops and restaurants are expected, as are six additional condomium towers and office space.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Ah Piropos! That's the only reason to go!
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by nota »

Thrillcekr wrote:

The tenants announced: Tivol Jewels; Piropo’s Restaurant; Green Acres Organic Market; Nolte’s Collections, bridal and evening wear; Prairiebrooke Gallery, fine art gallery; Latte Land; Village Café, bistro and café; Trezo Mare, seafood restaurant; Rimann’s Wine Shop; Moda Domani, men’s clothing and tailor; Finishings for Her, women’s accessories and apparel; T. Wynn Studio, women’s apparel; L&L Home Goods & Gifts; Eclektica-The Salon at Briarcliff.
Dang!! I'm betting that all those high falutin folk will now abandon Red X which has a really awesome wine selection.

And then all the "see and be seen" crowd will jump ship from Bonefish.

I wonder how a Tivol compares with say a Jewelry by Morgan. Both locals.
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Thrillcekr »

None of it really interests me much.  I may go down there to grab a bite at Piropo's and have a look around but I can't see any reason to go there frequently.  Same kinda crapola Johnson County is infested with and I do my best to avoid going there.
leaf
Pad site
Pad site

Post by leaf »

i find this pretty impressive, actually.  i wish RED would have obtained tenants like this for their SummitWoods development, which is just awful. 

LatteLand and an organic market?  i'd be there every day if i lived near Briarcliff Village....wherever that is.  :)
Jason
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Jason »

Briarcliff Development Company Project Update

Happily, there is much progress to report on development activities at Briarcliff.

The first 56 units at The Ravello condominiums will be available for purchase in the summer/fall. The Pauls Corporation, the developer, is currently installing a sales office on site and will be open for business in late June or early July. Many Briarcliff residents have expressed an interest in the condominiums and it is welcome news to see them nearing completion.

Briarcliff Development has moved into new offices over the retail at Briarcliff Village. The new office over retail space has proven to be very popular. We are pleased to be 97% leased with several prospects considering the remaining 2,000 sq. ft. not yet leased.

Perhaps the most eagerly awaited news concerns the wonderful new shops and restaurants soon to open at Briarcliff Village. There will be four full service restaurants, a drive-through coffee shop and an ice-cream shop. There will be two fine dining establishments. Piropo’s, the popular Argentine steak house, is relocating to Briarcliff and will continue to operate its Parkville location as a special events facility. Piropo’s is targeting mid August for its opening. Trezo Mare, a new seafood restaurant similar to the Bristol and McCormik and Schmick, will break ground in June and be open by October. Kevin Heaton, of Stone Canyon in Parkville fame, is opening the Village Café. Kevin will be serving breakfast, lunch and dinner at popular prices. The Village Café is under construction and should be opening in September. Plans have not been finalized for the fourth restaurant but current thinking has centered on a bar and grill concept that would an inviting place to gather or to stop by on the way home from work for a meal or drink. Latte Land will also have a new location at Briarcliff which will include a drive thru and a wonderful patio overlooking the city skyline.

We are very pleased to report leases with the following exciting retailers, many new to the Northland: Prairiebrooke Art Gallery; Moda Domani, men's custom tailor; T.Wynn Studio’s, ladies apparel; Rajunair Medical Spa; L&L Homes Goods, home decorating: Rimann's Wine Shop; Nolte’s, wedding gowns and formal wear for women; and Green Acres Organic Grocery, a 10,000 square foot organic grocer. Negotiations are underway to fill out the center with unique boutique style shopping options.

Sales of lots and Villas is winding down. In the Towne Villas there are three unsold units. Ben Carter, a builder and realtor, purchased the last two lots in the Villas and is now under construction with a for-sale unit. Eleven single family lots remain to be sold.

Plans for a new 150,000 seven story office building for the Hilltop site are well along with a target to break ground in 2006. This will be a signature building in the City with spectacular views in all directions. Briarcliff’s existing office buildings are fully leased.

You will continue to see site work type activity on the 40 acre riverfront site. Two major utility lines will be relocated later this year and filling operations will be ongoing. This property will eventually be used to accommodate additional commercial space.

Briarcliff has been especially beautiful this spring. When the landscaping is completed in and around Briarcliff Village another important piece will be in place for the mosaic of our wonderful neighborhood.

Happy Spring to all our friends and neighbors, Charles Garney

This was from the http://www.riversidemochamber.com/
leaf
Pad site
Pad site

Post by leaf »

that is unfortunate that Piropos is not going to use the Parkville facility for a restaurant anymore.  it's quite gorgeous out there.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

I may be making that organic store my primary grocer.  No stoplights from DT.
leaf
Pad site
Pad site

Post by leaf »

moderne wrote:     I may be making that organic store my primary grocer.  No stoplights from DT.
it is supposed to be 10,000 sq ft.  how might the spatially challenged get a feel for that?  i wonder how that compares with the large Nature's Pantry store on 40 Hwy.  i also wonder if "organic grocer" means "organic grocer" or means "health food store with organic groceries"
KC_Fan
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KC_Fan »

Has anyone said specifically if this location in Briarcliff Village will be the same operation in Wichita?

http://www.greenacres.com/

I can't find any information other than press releases from Briarcliff.

Has anyone been to the Green Acres in Wichita, KS?  If so, please enlighten us.  Is this a real grocery store or just another health store with some spinach and bananas in the corner?
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

KC_Fan wrote: Has anyone said specifically if this location in Briarcliff Village will be the same operation in Wichita?

Yes, it is the same outfit.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

nota....how do you stereotype the "see and be seen" crowd?  Just wondering what makes you classify people as such.....I'm not aware of a "scene" in the northland to be seen with so just wondering.

As far as the development....Piropos and that wine shop will be about all I use out of there...maybe the market and I'll check out that other restaurant that appears to be local or at least unique.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

leaf wrote: that is unfortunate that Piropos is not going to use the Parkville facility for a restaurant anymore.  it's quite gorgeous out there.
The old Piropos is going to be a banquet facility for them from what I heard.
KC_Fan wrote: Has anyone said specifically if this location in Briarcliff Village will be the same operation in Wichita?

http://www.greenacres.com/

I can't find any information other than press releases from Briarcliff.

Has anyone been to the Green Acres in Wichita, KS?  If so, please enlighten us.  Is this a real grocery store or just another health store with some spinach and bananas in the corner?
Yes, it's the same Green Acres. Everyone's favorite ace reporter Hearne Christopher broke that one. No idea how it compares to stuff like Wild Oats or Whole Foods, but I think it does compare.
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by nota »

KCPowercat wrote: nota....how do you stereotype the "see and be seen" crowd?  Just wondering what makes you classify people as such.....I'm not aware of a "scene" in the northland to be seen with so just wondering.
Not a stereotype, it's a pretty well known fact. It is the crowd of folks who move from new place to new place to new place - a pretty well publicized joke - I'm not surprised you don't know of this kind of thing. Do you ever "hang" in the northland? You won't find them sitting behind a keyboard in the city. I first learned of this "see and be seen" thing with Red Star Tavern. Then the gang moved and Red Star went out of business and the Zona restaurants got the business. Abuelos for sure. The shine then went off there and the crowd went elsewhere. Currently, Bonefish is the darling. And soon that crowd will move. Wait and see.
As far as the development....Piropos and that wine shop will be about all I use out of there...maybe the market and I'll check out that other restaurant that appears to be local or at least unique.
My musing about the wine shop was why folks would abandon the old standby Red X for the new place, but I'll bet they do. Not unlike when you and your gang diss the JOCO folks. No difference.

And I'm still wondering how a Tivol compares with a Morgan as far as customer draw. Both are locals.

Any answers or were you just gouging?
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Thrillcekr »

nota wrote: Not a stereotype, it's a pretty well known fact. It is the crowd of folks who move from new place to new place to new place - a pretty well publicized joke - I'm not surprised you don't know of this kind of thing. Do you ever "hang" in the northland? You won't find them sitting behind a keyboard in the city. I first learned of this "see and be seen" thing with Red Star Tavern. Then the gang moved and Red Star went out of business and the Zona restaurants got the business. Abuelos for sure. The shine then went off there and the crowd went elsewhere. Currently, Bonefish is the darling. And soon that crowd will move. Wait and see.
I don't know if it's what I'd call a "see and be seen" thing but yeah, people do tend to drift from one new place to the next.  I've noticed it.  I don't think that's unusual though and I don't think it's about being seen.  It happens everywhere.  If a new place opens on the Plaza you see exactly the same thing.  People just get bored with the old places so they go check out the new stuff until they get tired of that too and then it's on to something else.
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by nota »

Thrillcekr wrote: I don't know if it's what I'd call a "see and be seen" thing but yeah, people do tend to drift from one new place to the next.  I've noticed it.  I don't think that's unusual though and I don't think it's about being seen.  It happens everywhere.  If a new place opens on the Plaza you see exactly the same thing.  People just get bored with the old places so they go check out the new stuff until they get tired of that too and then it's on to something else.
I doubt that it happens in your age group like it does in mine.

And in my general age group, it is ALL about seeing and being seen. I know people who would go at 3:30 or so to Happy Hour at Red Star just to hold down a table till the other members of their group could get there.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

nota wrote: Do you ever "hang" in the northland? You won't find them sitting behind a keyboard in the city.
I didn't know this was a northland thing...I think there are groups everywhere that goes where it's new and cool to be.....I just wasn't aware this "scene" existed in northland chain restaurants.

"sitting behind a keyboard in the city"...why be nasty to me?
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by nota »

KCPowercat wrote: I didn't know this was a northland thing...I think there are groups everywhere that goes where it's new and cool to be.....I just wasn't aware this "scene" existed in northland chain restaurants.
This particular thread and subforum are about the Northland. I'm sure it happens everywhere, but that wasn't the topic.
"sitting behind a keyboard in the city"...why be nasty to me?
If I stated that inaccurately and you do indeed hang in the Northland now and then, I apologize. Otherwise, I'll stick by my words. I'm betting that I hang in the city more than you hang in the Northland.

BTW-I wasn't the one who threw the first rock.
nota....how do you stereotype the "see and be seen" crowd?  Just wondering what makes you classify people as such.....I'm not aware of a "scene" in the northland to be seen with so just wondering.
I have never never ever ever seen you write anything like that to someone from the city who bashes 'burb folks or someone who bashes JOCO folk. Just me.
Last edited by nota on Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.