MU vs. KU - a sports competition that will determine superiority FOREVER!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Re: not accurate

Post by Maitre D »

KCMax wrote: This will determine overall superiority, not just hoops. You did not factor in Mizzou's journalism school or their women's softball conference title.

AWESOME!

[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
Pendergast
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: Big 12 Basketball 2008

Post by Pendergast »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: :roll:  Is that a joke?  When was the last time you saw fans on the court at AFH?  I am pretty sure the hawks could beat the Lakers at home and you wouldn't see any fans on the court. 
Not a joke.  I'm not saying I would either, especially knowing that it would give KU fans more fodder.  I was just noting that we're a little desperate for some recognition over here in Mizzou land and I think storming the court would make all of our sorrows go away! 

MU 69, KU 61
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: MU vs. KU - a sports competition that will determine superiority FOREVER!!!

Post by NDTeve »

Prediction...

MU: 87
KU: 73

Not even that close.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

NDTeve wrote: Prediction...

MU: 87
KU: 73

Not even that close.
And a scene resembling this...

Pendergast
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Pendergast »

^^^^^^^^^^

Thats from our first round NIT win.  What a great game &&&
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

This was Mike Anderson's first introduction to the awesome power of Kansas basketball.  Check out what Rush & JuJu (bottom 2 right) did to him:

[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

AllThingsKC wrote: 3. KU wins by 20+.
Maitre D wrote: KU ain't winning by 20+, that is probably a 1% chance.   I'd guess the spread is pretty fair.   If Mizzou can't win tonite then KU really has a hex on them.
Uh, the game is far from over so anything can happen, but it's halftime and KU leads by 14! 

The first half of this game sums up Mizzou athletics pretty well...

Missouri scored a season LOW 16 points in the first half.  And to add insult to injury, GARY PINKEL WAS CAUGHT PICKING HIS NOSE ON NATIONAL TV!!!
KC is the way to be!
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

Is it just me, or does MU have the worst shot selection ever?  Can't believe how trigger happy they've been all game.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

Good last 10 minutes or so.  Glad MU could finally make it a game down the stretch.  The better team obviously didn't win tonight (KU was in control for 35 min of the game), but hey, that's how it goes in Columbia every 3 or 4 years.  Always comes down to the last seconds when MU wins.
voltopt
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by voltopt »

NDTeve wrote: Has anyone ever stormed the court at KU?
Students can't afford enough seats in Allen Fieldhouse to storm the court.
"I never quarrel, sir; but I do fight, sir; and when I fight, sir, a funeral follows, sir."   -senator thomas hart benton
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

MU fans RUSH THE FLOOR! Guess that means they won.

Bummer KU. At least you can take respite in the fact that MU fans rushed the floor. Which makes you ...what... better because you lost? I guess I don't get it.
helloiambrad
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by helloiambrad »

kcmetro wrote: The better team obviously didn't win tonight (KU was in control for 35 min of the game), but hey, that's how it goes in Columbia every 3 or 4 years.  Always comes down to the last seconds when MU wins.
I guess 27 turnovers by KU makes them the better team?  Weird.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

helloiambrad wrote: I guess 27 turnovers by KU makes them the better team?  Weird.
:lol:  If you watched that game and seriously thought MU was the better team, I'm not sure what to tell you.  Who knows, maybe they just didn't play that well tonight, or as good as they usually do.  I guess we'll just have to wait til tourney time to see where both teams stand.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

kcmetro wrote: Good last 10 minutes or so.  Glad MU could finally make it a game down the stretch.  The better team obviously didn't win tonight (KU was in control for 35 min of the game), but hey, that's how it goes in Columbia every 3 or 4 years.  Always comes down to the last seconds when MU wins.
When you have a 14 point lead at the half and your opponent steadily gains on you for the next 20 min outscoring you 46-30, it's the opposite of being "in control". In fact, I would call that a meltdown.

Just keep hanging on to your "we're better because we don't storm the floor theory" it makes more sense than your "we were in control of 19.5 mins of a half that we took a 46-30 beating in" theory.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

LOL @ KU

Building a 14-point lead: Free
Building a 14-point in the house of your enemy: Free
Having your biggest rival still beat you: PRICELES!

There are some things money can't buy, for everything else there's [glow=blue,2,300]ROCK, CHALK, CHOKE![/glow]

Biggest choke job I've seen from KU all year.
KC is the way to be!
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

kcmetro wrote: Good last 10 minutes or so.  Glad MU could finally make it a game down the stretch.  The better team obviously didn't win tonight (KU was in control for 35 min of the game), but hey, that's how it goes in Columbia every 3 or 4 years.  Always comes down to the last seconds when MU wins.
We played our worst first half of basketball all season and still beat KU.... suck it Kansas the better team finally showed up and won!

Kansas can't be a "good" team because "good" teams don't blow a game like that.  Kansas has been living a charmed life in Big 12 play and it finally came crashing down in the last five minutes of that game.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

Look how many guests and new posters we have on here.  It's amazing how an MU victory over KU in basketball will bring all the Mizzou fans out of the woodwork.  Not often they get to come here to celebrate.  What is it?  A once in 4 year occurrence?  :lol:
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

kcmetro wrote: Look how many guests and new posters we have on here.  It's amazing how an MU victory over KU in basketball will bring all the Mizzou fans out of the woodwork.  Not often they get to come here to celebrate.  What is it?  A once in 4 year occurrence?  :lol:
It is big of you to be here in all honesty.  We all know MD spent most of the game getting ready to head to his computer immediately after the final buzzer... that didn't happen.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

^Whatever makes you feel better.

I'm telling you now, if MU loses to KU in a game like this in Lawrence, KU fans will storm the court.
KC is the way to be!