"Official" Plaza at the Speedway

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
jayhawkjames
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Re: "Official" Plaza at the Speedway

Post by jayhawkjames »

Code: Select all

I see things never change around here..I go away for a good 6 months on this site, come back and it's the same 4 people bitching about Kansas/urban sprawl/downtown rules..blah blah blah.  I'm confident this tread will get locked soon due to pissing matches between "experts" of planning and zoning of Kansas City.

Why don't you repeat offenders just start a thread that says "Kansas/Sprawl Sucks/Downtown Rules" Pin It..and just constantly refer to that Pinned thread, rather than ruining threads that originally contained good information on new projects throughout the city. 

Doesn't it get boring typing the same rants about urban sprawl?  Or do you have a tempate you use each time you want to hijack a thread?

We get it, you hate everything outside of 5 miles from the KCMO core..it's time to move on.

kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

jayhawkjames wrote:

Code: Select all

I see things never change around here..I go away for a good 6 months on this site, come back and it's the same 4 people bitching about Kansas/urban sprawl/downtown rules..blah blah blah.  I'm confident this tread will get locked soon due to pissing matches between "experts" of planning and zoning of Kansas City.

Why don't you repeat offenders just start a thread that says "Kansas/Sprawl Sucks/Downtown Rules" Pin It..and just constantly refer to that Pinned thread, rather than ruining threads that originally contained good information on new projects throughout the city. 

Doesn't it get boring typing the same rants about urban sprawl?  Or do you have a tempate you use each time you want to hijack a thread?

We get it, you hate everything outside of 5 miles from the KCMO core..it's time to move on.

it is  asite dedicated to urban planning and urban development. not much urban about kansas. particularly west wyco. no one cares. leave for 6 more months. feel free to do a year if you need to.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

kcdcchef wrote:
it is  asite dedicated to urban planning and urban development. not much urban about kansas. particularly west wyco. no one cares.

KCRag Forum > Kansas City Development Discussion > Kansas Suburbs
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Maitre D wrote:
KCRag Forum > Kansas City Development Discussion > Kansas Suburbs
at 5 years old, at switzer elementary, i learned how to use the symbols. i never dreamed that i would be seeing a grown man use them on an internet forum.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

kcdcchef wrote: not much urban about kansas. 
That is not true!  Why, just eariler this year, the KU Urban Planning Department got some new T-Shirts to show off their urban planning in, uh, Kansas (and not Missouri):

http://groups.ku.edu/~kaps/tshirt.shtml

Good ol' Urban Kansas pride!   :lol:  Yep, that looks like FAIL to me.
KC is the way to be!
KCKev
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCKev »

That's the wonderful view of our awesome city fron the Kansas side  :lol:
If you're not on the EDGE, you're taking up TOO MUCH ROOM!
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

kcdcchef wrote: at 5 years old, at switzer elementary, i learned how to use the symbols. i never dreamed that i would be seeing a grown man use them on an internet forum.

I don't think you got the point.  Look at the folder this thread resides in.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
davidc
Pad site
Pad site

Post by davidc »

Just an update from what I've noticed in the last few days:

They have started serious work on the entrance by the Wendys. The western lanes have been poured while the eastern lanes are still be used as an entrance to Wendys. Once those western lanes are ready to use, they might just be able to open the Best Buy.

The Walmart and former-Sam's Club building work continues - steel framework is in and still working on the exterior walls - looks to be a bit over half way done with those.

No obvious work being done on any of the other buildings yet - although its hard to get a good look at some parts of the area.
WyCo
New York Life
New York Life

Post by WyCo »

God, it is so sad to be so freaking excited about a Wal Mart Supercenter.  But I am.  Someplace other than Hen House to buy groceries.  Just goes to show how very lacking we are in everyday retail in western KCK/WyCo.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

There's Super Target at Legends. What's replacing Sam's Club?
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Is that Target in KCK "super"?  I thought it was a regular Target.
WyCo
New York Life
New York Life

Post by WyCo »

It is a baby Target, not even the size of a Target Heartland or whatever they are called.  I think Sams was just a rumor to begin with, I don't think I have ever seen a Super Wal Mart in the same location as a Sam's Club.
davidc
Pad site
Pad site

Post by davidc »

Sam's Club was on the original list of tenants ... but disappeared from that list several months ago.

Currently that building is labeled "Soft Goods Anchor"

Other tenants listed: WalMart, Michaels, Red Lobster, Matress Firm, Olive Garden, Office Max, Taco Bell, and Best Buy
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

One of the first site plans I saw had a Costco listed.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

davidc wrote: Other tenants listed: WalMart, Michaels, Red Lobster, Matress Firm, Olive Garden, Office Max, Taco Bell, and Best Buy
I would think opening up a mattress store a few blocks from NFM would be the business equivelant of flushing dollars straight down the toilet. 
WyCo
New York Life
New York Life

Post by WyCo »

I think the "soft goods" was supposed to be a Kohls, which I think would do well there.  I think a Best Buy is really nuts considering NFM is so close.
NorthlandGuy
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by NorthlandGuy »

NFM has some good deals. But Best Buy always has TVs way cheaper.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Branson Hills and Columbia Marketplace have a Super Wal-mart by a Sam's Club.

Your think of Greatland Target like in Mission.

Target and Walmart also sell TV's.

TJMAXX and More or Mega Marshalls or even Ross Dress for Less that hasn't annouced where in the area their are going to build locations would be good.
IKEA and other big name Chains would be good to.
davidc
Pad site
Pad site

Post by davidc »

Another update from a drive-by. The entrance by Wendys is coming along nicely. The new lanes on the West half are now open and all the traffic is on those while they tear out and rebuild the East half. There is now a paved road to Best Buy and it looks like they are working on a parking lot for it.

I haven't seen anything about a grand opening yet, but the pieces are certainly falling together.

The Walmart work continues - external walls not yet complete. Oddly the parking lot looks mostly finished in that part of the project.
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

Best Buy opens I think this month but may be May...they have a store front at the Legends as a hiring center. I think they will do an awesome business at this location. NFM electronics department sucks big time and their CD selection pales even in comparison to Wal-Marts.