Vinino

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
KC0KEK
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: Vinino

Post by KC0KEK »

chrizow wrote: sounds like whoever took the reservations f'ed up and Vinino wants the customer to take the heat on it.  yikes.  i would have said "sure, 7:30 is awesome, assuming that our entrees will be free." 
=D>
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

we had a fine time there....their entire menu wasn't being served yet.

I can't believe they are using opentables for their reservations, they charge an arm and a leg and is it really that much more convenient for people to reserve online rather than calling?
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

Post on the Star's web page.

Took the family to HS Musical on Ice Friday night. For those of you going to Hannah Montana and learned a few things. McFaddens is smoke free so not a bad spot to take the kids. However, it is first come first serve. Good luck staking out a table there. We walked up the block to Vinino's. Unfortunately that did not go well. Kids and wife ordered pizza which took 40 minutes. My meatball sandwich arrived 10 minutes after that. The only good thing about Vinino's is it is across the street from Sprint Center and the meal was free.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

akp...so will you now be posting reports of bad service at all kc restaurants or just those in neighborhoods you have a grudge/problem with?

aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

What about the others who had bad experiences and posted them about dt restaurants?  That is what half of the posts on this topic is about.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
K.C.Highrise
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by K.C.Highrise »

Bitter...bitter old man. Why do you hate KC's downtown so much? lol
TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by TheBigChuckbowski »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: What about the others who had bad experiences and posted them about dt restaurants?  That is what half of the posts on this topic is about.
Were they first hand accounts or were they something they copied and pasted?
You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once. Not in 'Nam of course.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: What about the others who had bad experiences and posted them about dt restaurants?  That is what half of the posts on this topic is about.
it's actually people telling their experiences first hand...not some guy with an obvious chip on his shoulder searching out any sort of negative story to post here.  I'm sure you can tell the difference.

kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

KCDowntown, you said your friend's 6:30 reso was going to be moved to 7:30 on Tuesday at Vinino's request...been meaning to tell you I saw on the 6pm news that night that Cathy Jolly (city council?) was having a benefit there having something to do with her cancer treatment.  Many city council folks were there, including Funk - looked like a big shindig.
KCFutbol
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCFutbol »

Went there for lunch today. Took almost an hour to get our meal served. My freinds meal was luke warm.

Not a great experience. The manager did comp our lunch though.
ComandanteCero
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by ComandanteCero »

well, at least the comp suggests that they are working on improving their service, and that it's hopefully just a short term blip.
KC Region is all part of the same animal regardless of state and county lines.
Think on the Regional scale.
anniewarbucks
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by anniewarbucks »

lets hope. comping meals is a very costly way of doing business.
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant- free message.
However, a significant number of electrons have been inconvenienced.
KC0KEK
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KC0KEK »

KCFutbol wrote: My freinds meal was luke warm.
I had that problem last night in another restaurant. The guy behind me sent his meal back because he said it was cold. Isn't that a sign that the kitchen is rushing in order to keep up?
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

These things are to be expected in newly-opening restaurants with new staff that haven't gotten things down yet.
There is no fifth destination.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

FangKC wrote: These things are to be expected in newly-opening restaurants with new staff that haven't gotten things down yet.
...or managers who aren't tending to details. if the food was excellent, people would likely forget these things... but unfortunately it's not. i fear they may have chosen "pretty" over "professional". i will give them a few months before returning. if they haven't turned it around by then i won't be back. JP offers a superior product and a better atmosphere any day.
KCFutbol
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCFutbol »

First impression is important. The friend I had lunch with does event and party planning for a major corporation. I'd be very surprised if she recommends Vinino.
anniewarbucks
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by anniewarbucks »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: Post on the Star's web page.

Took the family to HS Musical on Ice Friday night. For those of you going to Hannah Montana and learned a few things. McFaddens is smoke free so not a bad spot to take the kids. However, it is first come first serve. Good luck staking out a table there. We walked up the block to Vinino's. Unfortunately that did not go well. Kids and wife ordered pizza which took 40 minutes. My meatball sandwich arrived 10 minutes after that. The only good thing about Vinino's is it is across the street from Sprint Center and the meal was free.
If I am not mistaken the family in this quote sat at the table right next to mine.
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant- free message.
However, a significant number of electrons have been inconvenienced.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

KC0KEK wrote: I had that problem last night in another restaurant. The guy behind me sent his meal back because he said it was cold. Isn't that a sign that the kitchen is rushing in order to keep up?
Depends. It could be a sign that the servers aren't very good and aren't getting the food out in time, or if some people at the table have hot food and some don't, that the line cooks aren't coordinating tickets. Or the waitstaff is not coordinated, and a server is grabbing Table X's entrees and taking them to Table Y so part of Table X's order has to be recooked while the rest of Table X's order sits and waits.

Hard to say, really; what it comes down to is poor management.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
butter_breath
New York Life
New York Life

Post by butter_breath »

Poorly designed, they share the same kitchen as Mcfadden's sounds like someone got greedy, shame on them for taxing a kitchen crew that hard. I doubt if the food will ever comes out fast during the peak times.
Angel
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Angel »

I took a client here tonight for dinner.  Got there about 6pm and got a table without a reservation without any problem.  While we were waiting for our waitress, I noticed an older couple at the table next to us was upset.  The man was just finishing his soup and had told 2 different people that they were still waiting for his wife's(?) soup.  They brought hers out a few minutes later...he was done already.  When she finished her soup, they paid and left angry. 

We waited about 15 minutes for someone to even come to our table after we were seated.  I tried to flag someone down, but no one came over.  Our waitress finally came and kind of just stood there.  So I asked her for two glasses of wine and an appetizer.  We waited another 15 minutes before the wine showed up.  In the meantime, the table on the other side of us was seated and they ordered drinks and an appetizer, too.  They left after the appetizer because the service was so bad...and wished us luck on their way out.

The food was good when she finally took our order and it came out.  We probably would have had more wine, but could never get our waitress to come over.  At one point, we grabbed a hostess and she happily got us a 2nd round of drinks.  I'm not sure if it was just our waitress who was so slow, but there seemed to be plenty of wait staff working.  It was semi-busy, but our waitress only had 3 two-seater tables and a four top.

Oh, the tables on either side of us that had people leave (seemingly early) weren't bussed practically the whole time we were there.  One of them got bussed when a host tried to seat a couple there and it still had dirty glasses and dishes.  The table on the other side still hadn't been bussed by the time we left and those people left before we even got our food. 

I don't think I've had worse service anywhere.  Thankfully, my client just laughed about it but added that they definitely wouldn't be going back.  We got there at 6pm and didn't get out until 8:30 because it took us that long to get our meal, eat it and pay.