Chiefs

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Chiefs

Post by KCMax »

KansasCityCraka wrote: I am hoping the rumors are true that the Broncos have offered to trade their 2 first rounders for our first rounder so they can get Sanchez or Stafford. I don't want Curry at all, waste of a pick.

Curry and the Lions have also been talking now too. The Lions are apparently impressed with how Culpepper has been doing in workouts with them and they may not pick a QB for the 1st pick.
If that's at all true, the Chiefs would pounce on that. Every indication is that they are looking to trade down. Some of the guys they have been hosting are projected to be mid-to-late first rounders.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
OPIDKC
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by OPIDKC »

ESPN's Michael Smith just said the Falcons are going to acquire Tony Gonzalez, not sure what the compensation is yet.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Jay Glazer says its for a second round pick in 2010.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9490 ... to-Falcons

KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

Yep thats the deal. If the Falcons can address a few areas on D via the draft they will have a great chance to win it all next season.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Word is the Chiefs won't keep the 2nd round pick and will package it to make another trade this weekend. Should be interesting.

mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Hmmm. I wonder who they could be gunning for with that 2nd rounder.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Rumor is that it will be packaged with Dorsey to get a 1st rounder.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

KansasCityCraka wrote: Rumor is that it will be packaged with Dorsey to get a 1st rounder.
Interesting. Dorsey was pretty much of a disappointment last year. Wonder what kind of value we could get for him?
If it doesn't have street-level retail, it's an abortion.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

WSPanic wrote: Interesting. Dorsey was pretty much of a disappointment last year. Wonder what kind of value we could get for him?
Name a starting DT or DE drafted in the top 10 in the last 7 years that wasn't a dissapointment their first year.  The learning curve is pretty extreme for that position.  If the Chiefs thieve away Dorsey then they're effectively throwing away 2 first round picks, and a second round pick.  Let's hope that rumor isn't true.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by MidWestSider »

im2kull wrote: Name a starting DT or DE drafted in the top 10 in the last 7 years that wasn't a dissapointment their first year.  The learning curve is pretty extreme for that position.  If the Chiefs thieve away Dorsey then they're effectively throwing away 2 first round picks, and a second round pick.  Let's hope that rumor isn't true.
Julius Peppers
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

Richard Seymour wasn't bad. Tommie Harris, Marcus Spears, Vince Wilfork..But I agree...most DE/DT's take a year or two to adjust to the NFL. Guys like Mario Williams, Albert Haynesworth...

Then you have complete busts like Ryan Sims and Courtney Brown.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Rumor is Denver is thinking about trading the 12th and 18th pick for a chance to move up and take QB Mark Sanchez. I gotta think the Chiefs would love the opportunity to swap their 3rd overall pick.

dublin
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by dublin »

That would be a great deal for the Chiefs, but would Denver trade with a division rival?  If they had their choice, I would assume Denver would trade with Seattle.  However, that might start a bidding war between the Jets and the Redskins for the #3 pick knowing that Sanchez will be gone by pick 4. 
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

And we threaten to pick Sanchez... 8)
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Same guy from War Paint Illustrated that reported Dorsey could be headed to the Falcons, is now reporting his sources tell him the Chiefs are talking a Waters trade to Carolina and Arizona, possibly package deals for Boldin from the Cards or Julius Peppers from Carolina.

He says the Cardinals basically have no choice but to trade Boldin, as they are only $400,000 under the cap.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

KansasCityCraka wrote: He says the Cardinals basically have no choice but to trade Boldin, as they are only $400,000 under the cap.
With his existing salary.  I'm sure they could jettison some nobody to make room for more money for Boldin.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Just reported on ESPN that the Chiefs have signed Cassel to a 6 year 36 million dollar contract.
Pendergast
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Pendergast »

No Curry?  I thought it was a sure thing.  Oh well, we need some luck with Jackson!
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Pendergast wrote: No Curry?  I thought it was a sure thing.  Oh well, we need some luck with Jackson!
I think this is crazy.  I'm not a huge curry fan, but given the choices...I'd say that he was easily the best option available (Curry).  I can't believe that Pioli of all people jumped on the draft workout bandwagon of Jackson.  LSU's run & pass defense was terrible this year!  Sure they showed a few highlights of this kid doing some great things, but how many poor plays are they going to show on a draft day film?  Get real Pioli...how high was he on the board in January???  He was a blip, and for a good reason.  I smell another Ryan Sims, Junior Saivii, & Dorsey in the making.
THINK (ONE) KC.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

KansasCityCraka wrote: Just reported on ESPN that the Chiefs have signed Cassel to a 6 year 36 million dollar contract.
Apparently it was a false report.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/ ... or-cassel/