Chiefs

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Chiefs

Post by KCMax »

I can't see Atlanta getting a third rounder for Vick. He's a huge gamble. He was declining before this controversy even happened. I think a conditional 5th round pick is more likely, like what the Chiefs got for Trent Green.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

The trick to making Vick work again is to never have him talk to the press and basically having whatever NFL/AFL/CFL/GodknowswhatFL putting him in a house arrest type punishment where he's only able to play football.

Dont try to have him going to animal shelters hugging dogs and cats to improve his imagine, no one will believe it. Make him tough by punishing him if he wants to play. Make him wear spikes in his cleats.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Maitre D wrote: Teams aren't going to touch Vick for purely PR reasons.   Fan bases won't tolerate certain things - animal abuse/executions is one of them.   He is going to permanently be a ship without a port, IMO.
Obviously someone forget to inform the league and its fans about Pac Man, Ray Lewis, and now our favorite reciever to want back: Plaxico Burress.

Of course these are the same fans that love Chad "Ocho Stinkocho retardo" Johnson
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

im2kull wrote: Obviously someone forget to inform the league and its fans about Pac Man, Ray Lewis, and now our favorite reciever to want back: Plaxico Burress.

Of course these are the same fans that love Chad "Ocho Stinkocho retardo" Johnson
i hate to agree with MD on anything, ever, for any reason. but reality is americans hate animal cruelty more than murder, or sodomizing an underage teenage girl.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

It's especially devastating to their female fan base.  Which the NFL has done a tremendous job cultivating the past 15 years or so.  Women are almost 45% of attendance now.  The NFL would be insane if they ignored that segment's opinion.

People hate what they can't see themselves doing.  Everyone (and I mean everyone) could understand theft, getting into a fight with someone, being charged with sexual harrassment, whatever.  But nobody can relate to animal cruelty or child molestation.  You breach those areas, and society doesn't forgive.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

Maitre D wrote:  But nobody can relate to animal cruelty or child molestation.   You breach those areas, and society doesn't forgive.
I read somewhere that the people who get treated the worst in prison by other prisoners are child molesters.  The prisoners can tolerate killers, wife beaters, and whatever but child molesters are not given any tolerance.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Maitre D wrote: It's especially devastating to their female fan base.  Which the NFL has done a tremendous job cultivating the past 15 years or so.  Women are almost 45% of attendance now.   The NFL would be insane if they ignored that segment's opinion.

People hate what they can't see themselves doing.  Everyone (and I mean everyone) could understand theft, getting into a fight with someone, being charged with sexual harrassment, whatever.   But nobody can relate to animal cruelty or child molestation.   You breach those areas, and society doesn't forgive.
Very interesting insight. I think that's 100% right.

KCFutbol
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCFutbol »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: I read somewhere that the people who get treated the worst in prison by other prisoners are child molesters.  The prisoners can tolerate killers, wife beaters, and whatever but child molesters are not given any tolerance.
And rapists. Those two are the lowest of the low in the prison pecking order.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

Didn't the Chiefs only last about one season on the Gary Glitter Rock n Roll Part II "ban?"

Sure, we hate pedophiles - but if they can Arrowhead rocking - we can make an exception.
If it doesn't have street-level retail, it's an abortion.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

The thing about Vick is, everyone knows who he is and what he did.   Pac Man and Bam Morris etc all kinda run together.  But everyone knows who tortured and killed those poor dogs.    That's why teams can't bring him aboard.  No GM or Owner wants to see PETA protesting at the stadium gates for weeks on end or CNN reporting on it ad naueam.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

WSPanic wrote: Didn't the Chiefs only last about one season on the Gary Glitter Rock n Roll Part II "ban?"

Sure, we hate pedophiles - but if they can Arrowhead rocking - we can make an exception.

They found a loophole allowing them to play a copycat (similar) song by a different artist (Basically a cover band)...thus nobody notices the difference, and they get around the absurd lunacy of banning Rock n Roll Part II.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

kcdcchef wrote: i hate to agree with MD on anything, ever, for any reason. but reality is americans hate animal cruelty more than murder, or sodomizing an underage teenage girl.
Oh yes, I agree.  Point was that most americans still love all those people, and are simply retards for it.  There is no gray area when it comes to crime, at least not in my mind.
THINK (ONE) KC.
Downtowner
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Downtowner »

Is Mike Vrabel coming to the Chiefs? He was spotted alone at a northland dive bar...about the last place you'd ever expect to see him.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Downtowner wrote: Is Mike Vrabel coming to the Chiefs? He was spotted alone at a northland dive bar...about the last place you'd ever expect to see him.
I'd hope not.  Thats not really a position of concern to me.
THINK (ONE) KC.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Chiefs release CB Patrick Surtain, LB Donnie Edwards and QB Damon Huard. They're about $50 million under the cap now. Supposedly they're interested in free agent Ravens LB Bart Scott.

Also, QB Trent Green was released by the Rams.

Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

Of course they want Scott.  Rumor is, we're going to a 3-4 and taht means we'll need, like, 3 or 4 linebackers!    DJ, Scott and Aaron Curry would be a nice start.

Truthfully tho, the Chiefs will pursue ANY decent F.A. out there.  They have tons of money and tons of need.  That's a lethal combination - in the hands of someone like Carl Peterless.

im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

How bout Albert Haynesworth?  Sure, he may be a thug...but we don't party in the same places outside of Arrowhead!
THINK (ONE) KC.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

That's pretty surprising.  I'd never have guessed that, based on how the team performed in that time.

:&

kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Maitre D wrote:
That's pretty surprising.  I'd never have guessed that, based on how the team performed in that time.

:&
well, the first year of that stretch they did have the best regular season record in the nfl, right? and then two years later went 10-6 and missed the playoffs based on one blown tackle. then the following season went 9-7 and were a playoff team as a wild card.

you act like every year was like the last two.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D