Chiefs

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: Chiefs

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

KCMax wrote: Frazier may be just to satisfy the "Rooney Rule", but I think he has a pretty good resume and should be seriously considered.
Especially if he can sneak Jared Allen out in a moving box when he packs his office.  :D
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

News just said they have offered Haley the job and are talking with him. Haley is not going to the Pro Bowl now, like he had originally planned.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KansasCityCraka wrote: News just said they have offered Haley the job and are talking with him. Haley is not going to the Pro Bowl now, like he had originally planned.
why would haley go to the pro bowl? that makes no sense.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

kcdcchef wrote: why would haley go to the pro bowl? that makes no sense.
I assume just to watch. Not sure, a lot of news reports said he was going to the Pro Bowl, when they were talking about him interviewing for the Chiefs job.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KansasCityCraka wrote: I assume just to watch. Not sure, a lot of news reports said he was going to the Pro Bowl, when they were talking about him interviewing for the Chiefs job.
i just heard that most coaches ignore the pro bowl, that only the ones that are required go. but who knows. maybe he wants to be seen to keep his name in the spotlight.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

http://uponfurtherreview.kansascity.com/?q=node/566

now, this is not the official piece from the star stating haley has been hired, i will leave that for kcmax, but it appears the job has been offered.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

16-0!!!!
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

Jack Harry said last nite Haley will be the next coach.  Of course, he said Mike Shanahan 2 weeks ago.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

A broken clock is right twice a day.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCMax wrote: A broken clock is right twice a day.
not if it is a digital
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

If Jack Harry was a clock, he would be a face clock.

And if the moon was made of cheese, I'd eat it.
KC is the way to be!
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

Tony G with 98 and a TD.  Guy busts his ass even in meaningless Pro Bowls.  By the way, set the Pro Bowl record with 39 all time catches for nearly 600 yards.  Amazing stuff.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

The Falcons are apparently trying to TRADE the rights to Vick.  What's that going to go for?  Third string water boy and a bag of potato chips?  I am sure someone will be willing to take a chance on signing him but do they actually think someone will trade away an NFL player for the right to take that on? 
AJoD
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by AJoD »

Maitre D wrote: Tony G with 98 and a TD.   Guy busts his ass even in meaningless Pro Bowls.   By the way, set the Pro Bowl record with 39 all time catches for nearly 600 yards.   Amazing stuff.
Joe Posnanski had a great article in the Star a while back, it was an article on Bill Belichick during the undefeated season, but with great anecdote about TG's pro bowl effort.  Probably archived somewhere on the Star site, but a blogger picked it up:

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2007/12/22/bill ... -blocking/
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: The Falcons are apparently trying to TRADE the rights to Vick.  What's that going to go for?  Third string water boy and a bag of potato chips?  I am sure someone will be willing to take a chance on signing him but do they actually think someone will trade away an NFL player for the right to take that on? 
he's gonna be all of 29 years old this season. there are not any good college qb's coming out, the FA market for qb's is jackshit, and there are many nfl franchises with no qb.

you wanna rethink your smartass comment on vick not being worth shit? you see him play before he went to jail? not exactly a bad athlete, not at all. i would give up LJ for him, if the falcons were that dumb to make that trade.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

kcdcchef wrote: he's gonna be all of 29 years old this season. there are not any good college qb's coming out, the FA market for qb's is jackshit, and there are many nfl franchises with no qb.

you wanna rethink your smartass comment on vick not being worth shit?
I never said he was no good.  What I sais is that right now I have a hard time buying that he is worth much on the trade market.  Nobody knows what sort of suspension the dude is going to face when he comes back.  He hasn't played football for a long time so god only know where his fitness and skill levels are at the moment.  Wherever he goes, he is going to carry a massive PR hit with him that will turn off some fans.  Nobody knows what kind of leadership and clubhouse personality he is going to bring after a stretch in the federal hoosegow but its not hard to speculate that it might be a problem.  All of that adds up to a commodity that is severely tarnished and I just don't see how the falcons are going to be able to demand much of anything in a trade - especially when its no secret they don't want or need him back. 

In unrelated news - I see that Albert Haynesworth has announced that he is going to go ahead with the FA market - potential target for some of the money burning holes in the Chief's pocket? 
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: I never said he was no good.  What I sais is that right now I have a hard time buying that he is worth much on the trade market.  Nobody knows what sort of suspension the dude is going to face when he comes back.  He hasn't played football for a long time so god only know where his fitness and skill levels are at the moment.  Wherever he goes, he is going to carry a massive PR hit with him that will turn off some fans.  Nobody knows what kind of leadership and clubhouse personality he is going to bring after a stretch in the federal hoosegow but its not hard to speculate that it might be a problem.  All of that adds up to a commodity that is severely tarnished and I just don't see how the falcons are going to be able to demand much of anything in a trade - especially when its no secret they don't want or need him back. 

In unrelated news - I see that Albert Haynesworth has announced that he is going to go ahead with the FA market - potential target for some of the money burning holes in the Chief's pocket? 
the nfl suspended him well before he went to any sort of trial. but it wouldnt suprise me if the nfl suspended him some more, you are right.

all i am saying, is i wouldnt say hell no to vick without thinking about it, and seeing what atlanta wants. not just the chiefs, but a lot of nfl franchises. i would say if atlanta asks for like a 3rd rounder, and vick is only gonna get like 4 games or something, go for it. no harm there.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

Teams aren't going to touch Vick for purely PR reasons.  Fan bases won't tolerate certain things - animal abuse/executions is one of them.  He is going to permanently be a ship without a port, IMO.

kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

you may be right, but i doubt it.

on one hand, sports take back rapists, murderers, adulterers, drug addicts, and domestic abusers. but they do have issues with animal cruelty.

i for one, wanted his ass punished for what he did. they accomplished it, they took away pretty much all of his money, and imprisoned the man for well over a year, took away pro sports for 2 years, he was punished.

someone is gambling on vick, kc may not have bright enough lights, it may take an oakland or a new york to revive this career.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

If he had just beaten his dogs, that might have been one thing.  But the torture & execution details, that is non-forgivable to most Americans.  Especially with a down economy requiring better fan relations and the NFL (under Goodell) cracking down on bad behavior anyway.

The NFL said Warren Moon can beat his wife and Mark Chmura can get kinky with a teenager.... and still play.    But this crosses the line apparently.  Americans love their animals.