TIME TO FREAK OUT AGAIN ABOUT CONFERENCE REALIGNMENT! THE BIG 12 IS DEAD! MAYBE!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: TIME TO FREAK OUT AGAIN ABOUT CONFERENCE REALIGNMENT! TH

Post by AllThingsKC »

Cheating is the only way Mizzou will win 3 of the next 5 NCs.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

Happy the Mizzou-to-the-SEC-thing is winding down, but if the Big 12 lets them leave without paying the FULL amount of the exit fee then I'll be pissed.

On a side note, I'd rather the Big 12 go ahead and add Louisville and Cincy (or BYU) now and think about going to 16 members sooner rather than later.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

AllThingsKC wrote:Well, I don't think a premature e-publication is the same as inviting a school prematurely.
What about a school (or really a governor) prematurely accepting a bid to the Big 10 - where does that fall in the spectrum?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Why would two bcs schools agree to join such an "unstable" conference? #mulogic
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

West Virginia in and according to the big 12 release they have already kicked mu to the curb before they can even announce they are leaving. Lol.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

WSPanic wrote: What about a school (or really a governor) prematurely accepting a bid to the Big 10 - where does that fall in the spectrum?
That would be pretty bad...if that had actually happened.

KCPowercat wrote:Why would two bcs schools agree to join such an "unstable" conference? #mulogic
Because they have no other options. Remember, West Virginia was rejected by the ACC and SEC. So, the Big 12 takes them! Makes sense. #Big12Logic

KCPowercat wrote:West Virginia in and according to the big 12 release they have already kicked mu to the curb before they can even announce they are leaving. Lol.
But, but, but... WHAT ABOUT WEST VIRGINIA'S TRADITIONS AND RIVALRIES???? HOW CAN THEY JUST WALK AWAY FROM THOSE???????? THEY'RE WHORES!!!!!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

MU is looking really good in all of this. Lol.

Funny how every sports writer is tweeting the big 12 upgraded their conference with this switch.....they must all be out to get mu. Geography sucks.....the only downside.

See ya mu.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

THEN (October 4th):
KCPowercat wrote:Not leaving. Quote it.
KCPowercat wrote:I want mu to stay for many reasons.
NOW:
KCPowercat wrote:See ya mu.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

Sounds like he can't make up his mind due to being unstable.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Guess the Big East is holding West Virginia to the 27 month notice. Looks like the Big 12 will be the Big 9 for two plus years.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

aknowledgeableperson wrote:Guess the Big East is holding West Virginia to the 27 month notice. Looks like the Big 12 will be the Big 9 for two plus years.
Will probably spend some of Missouri's exit fee to pay off the Big East.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Didn't West Virginia agree to higher exit fees in the Big East a couple of weeks ago?

In any event, I'm not sure TCU or WVU will see any of MU's or A&M's exit fees because they aren't actually in the conference yet. And when they join, MU and A&M won't be part of the conference.

Since A&M announced first, I wonder if Mizzou gets any of A&M's exit fee? I doubt it, but it's something to think about.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

AllThingsKC wrote:Didn't West Virginia agree to higher exit fees in the Big East a couple of weeks ago?

In any event, I'm not sure TCU or WVU will see any of MU's or A&M's exit fees because they aren't actually in the conference yet. And when they join, MU and A&M won't be part of the conference.

Since A&M announced first, I wonder if Mizzou gets any of A&M's exit fee? I doubt it, but it's something to think about.
You probably have to still be around to get a share of the fee, so MU won't see any. WVU won't get any either, but surely the B12 can choose to use some of the fee to cover WVU's Big East exit fee.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Yup I was wrong a month ago.....as did my opinion as mu fans kept talking. I'd still prefer they stay....saying "see ya" isn't changing my stance rather how the big 12 dumped mu....
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

aknowledgeableperson wrote:Guess the Big East is holding West Virginia to the 27 month notice. Looks like the Big 12 will be the Big 9 for two plus years.
I thought the SEC wasn't going to take Mizzou until all the legal issues were sorted out - one of which was the Big 12 being able to replace Mizzou.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

So, West Virginia voted for higher exit fees in the Big East.

The Big 12 is going to use some of MU and A&M's exit money to help pay off the Big East exit fee, which West Virginia agreed to raise???

If that's true, then before West Virginia gets in the Big 12, they are ALREADY screwing over the Big 12???? Surely there is something I'm missing, otherwise that is way too funny.
KCPowercat wrote:Yup I was wrong a month ago.....as did my opinion as mu fans kept talking.
So, what was it that changed your mind about MU staying? Thee weeks ago, you seemed to be so sure they would stay. What was it that changed your mind in the past 3 weeks? What is one event or did it happen over time?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

No one event....lots of things happened since I posted that prediction. I was wrong.....sorry :(
TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by TheBigChuckbowski »

AllThingsKC wrote:So, West Virginia voted for higher exit fees in the Big East.

The Big 12 is going to use some of MU and A&M's exit money to help pay off the Big East exit fee, which West Virginia agreed to raise???

If that's true, then before West Virginia gets in the Big 12, they are ALREADY screwing over the Big 12???? Surely there is something I'm missing, otherwise that is way too funny.
Don't think the higher exit fee was ever officially voted on. Money from Big 12 would go to paying for the ability for WV to play in Big 12 in 2012-13. If they don't need them in the Big 12 next year, it would just be $5 million.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

I was wrong.....sorry
Nothing to be sorry about. It is good opinions change over time as one gathers new information on a subject. That is part of the learning process.

OK. I guess it is time to move on to another subject. Hasn't this one been beaten to death by now?