Falls at Crackernack Creek update

Jackson/Cass Suburbs, including South KC
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: OFFICIAL: The Falls at Crackerneck (Bass Pro development)

Post by trailerkid »

GRID wrote: Because there is a difference between building a store in the flat fields of joco vs cutting through cliffs and and limestone and crossing rivers and forests that come with building in eastern Independence.  The amount of earthwork and rock removal going on in that entire area around Independence Center is nuts.

Anyway, they have finished most of the bridges and most of the massive rock retaining walls are up.  Foundations are going in now.  I don't know what all is coming in though.  The buildings themselves will take no time at all to go up.
Shoppers don't care if the experience and merch is almost identical. Only a really hard core Bass Pro lover will drive from the KS side to shop at the Ind. location when there are Cabela's and Bass Pro much closer. How slow the Council Bluffs Bass Pro is lowers my whole conception of that company....
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

Oh i don't know, I think this will draw from both sides of the state line. The aerial pics don't do it justice; this site is huge. I think it'll definately be a destination place; much more interesting than Cabella's or the Olathe Bass Pro.  The grounds itself will draw people.
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Carol Marinovich said that Cabela's and Bass Pro have a different customer base and product concentration.  Cabelas is hunting, Bass Pro is fishing.
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KCK »

Marinovich has her head up her ass. I have been to both stores, and they both sell the same stuff. Bass Pro in Olathe does have a slightly larger fishing section, but I can't afford all of the high end crap that either store carries. As for which store is flashier, Cabela's has a better aquarium and animal displays, it has a cooler appearance, and seemed more original. not saying Bass Pro sucks, I actually like it too. Being an avid fisherman, I think it only helps having this many options in the area.

Still, it is highly unlikely I will visit the Bass Pro in Independence more than once, if even that. One giant big-box bait shop is just like another.
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!
woodrow
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by woodrow »

Any new pictures?  Curious how the HUGE amounts of grading, filling, piling, of earth looks.  Any buildings yet?
HockeyPunkKC
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by HockeyPunkKC »

there are foundations rising up but thats it.
KC0KEK
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KC0KEK »

For the past month or so, KCPL has been building a major power line out to the site. You can see the towers and lines from I-70. I don't know if all of that juice is going just to this development, though, or also to adjacent homes and businesses.
HockeyPunkKC
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by HockeyPunkKC »

walls have started to rise up
WinchesterMysteryHouse
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by WinchesterMysteryHouse »

This joke had to've reared its ugly head once before- but just in case- Bass Pro Shops and Cracker-neck!  hahahhahhaa
cpt4599
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by cpt4599 »

I drove by this yesterday and there were 3 huge walls up.
greentara
Pad site
Pad site

Post by greentara »

Yep, walls are up, and I imagine it will all go very quickly now. Scuttlebutt I've heard is they are supposed to have multiuse trails around the development.

I spent several years in Springfield MO, home of the Bass Pro. The store down there is amazing, especially with the new museum, and makes Cabela's look sick. That said, I have no idea how Johnny Morris Jr (Mr Bass Pro) hasn't hired somebody to kick MODot's ass in Jeff City. As GRID has explained, that whole area will be even more of a clusterf@!-k than it is today. I commute that way (from Midtown to Blue Springs) and I am dreading the inevitable congestion. I am really afraid that alone will drive away a lot of business from the area.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Yea, It will be a mess.  470 especially.  It already backs up regularly on the weekends (without construction) between 70 and Lakewood.

Here are some pics:

ddw334umkc
New York Life
New York Life

Post by ddw334umkc »

GRID wrote: Yea, It will be a mess.  470 especially.  It already backs up regularly on the weekends (without construction) between 70 and Lakewood.
Try I-70 to US-50/291.
"Let's get it!"
greentara
Pad site
Pad site

Post by greentara »

GRID wrote: Yea, It will be a mess.  470 especially.  It already backs up regularly on the weekends (without construction) between 70 and Lakewood.
That's my exit from I-70. :(
And 40 Hwy is just going to break there. Rename the area from Crackerneck to Bottleneck.
ddw334umkc
New York Life
New York Life

Post by ddw334umkc »

And what the hell are they doing to the northbound 291 bridge at 39th street?  I hope it's being widened.
"Let's get it!"
greentara
Pad site
Pad site

Post by greentara »

ddw334umkc wrote: And what the hell are they doing to the northbound 291 bridge at 39th street?  I hope it's being widened.
From what I can tell, it's just been a repaving job. Hope I'm wrong.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

ddw334umkc wrote: And what the hell are they doing to the northbound 291 bridge at 39th street?  I hope it's being widened.
Just a refurbish.  No capacity improvements.  The entire 470 corridor is a mess and I don't think it's even on Modot's radar screen.  The only thing MoDot is going to do to 470 in the next ten years is add three interchanges in Lee's Summit.
ddw334umkc
New York Life
New York Life

Post by ddw334umkc »

One would think that MoDot would prioritize this corridor, given their current location.
"Let's get it!"
greentara
Pad site
Pad site

Post by greentara »

GRID wrote: The only thing MoDot is going to do to 470 in the next ten years is add three interchanges in Lee's Summit.
Spectacular. That will help the congestion issue just loads. Are they going to add access to 291 from NB 470, or will they keep that retarded dogleg from Douglas?
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

ddw334umkc wrote: One would think that MoDot would prioritize this corridor, given their current location.
Yea, KC Scout can't even see the nightly traffic jams that occur right outside the KC Scout / MoDot HQ at 470 and Colbern.  But they are supposed to add cameras to the rest of 470 this summer, maybe that will help :)