www.SaveOurOwners.com

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: www.SaveOurOwners.com

Post by lock+load »

kcdcchef wrote: how is them getting legal action against these private citzens inappropriate? be real, glass and hunt are not condoning websites that are trolling a bunch of lies, comments they never made, pictures of them in places they have never been. so, for glorioso to try and stop that stuff. ....good for him.
IT IS A JOKE MAN!  If anyone really thing David glass is riding the Metro or Jesus was in the TSC parking lot, they have problems far beyond the scope of this ordeal.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

kcdcchef wrote: keep on telling yourself that, okay lenexa??
If either of them had an ounce of intention of bolting town after this turd goes down, they would have laid out that threat a long time ago.  The best they have been able to come up with is a vague offhand comment by Jack Steadman indicating a lukewarm interest in KCK.  Well shiver me timbers!  If there was a real threat of them moving out of town before the next ballot comes around, they would have said so.  
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Bottom line is, I blame this city and this metropolitan area and its mentality and complete lack of vision for our problems (fragmented, lack of leadership, lack of critical mass etc), not the owners of the teams.  Other than that, we are on the same page.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

GRID wrote: If this town wanted more, it would demand it, but it doesn't demand much of anything and the owners simply do what is in their best interests.
The only way we can demand better is to say no first. 
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

kcdcchef wrote: how is them getting legal action against these private citzens inappropriate?
Because they're not doing anything illegal. How bout that thar bill 'o rights, hyuck hyuck!

It's nothing but thuggish scare tactics, and whether I agreed with their viewpoint or not I would be disgusted with Glorioso's actions. Shame on you, dude.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

kcdcchef wrote: how is them getting legal action against these private citzens inappropriate? be real, glass and hunt are not condoning websites that are trolling a bunch of lies, comments they never made, pictures of them in places they have never been. so, for glorioso to try and stop that stuff. ....good for him.
You're more stupid than I thought.  Either that or you just love to argue.  Get a life.
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

what? you make no sense beautyfromashes...

LenexatoKCMO,
However in this case, the threat they will leave is REAL.
If they vote no on April 4th. It'll just show the stubbornness and idiocy of the citizens of Jackson County...

Johnson County: Meet the Chiefs

If you vote no, and the Chiefs decide to head to JoCo and Royals decide to move Downtown, you have one EXTREMELY harmful thing and one good thing...

However if you vote no... Chiefs stay and Royals stay, we get a Super Bowl and the world's largest rolling roof. This is really really good for Downtown and especially Jackson County.

If they leave, it won't be the owner's fault. It's going to be the idiots at the polls. And you know what? Your just going to conform with the foolishness of the rest of the metro area.

And mean, if you didn't know, libel and slander is NOT allowed under the Bill of Rights.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

Doesn't look like libel to me. Looks like blatant satire.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

KCDevin wrote: what? you make no sense beautyfromashes...

LenexatoKCMO,
However in this case, the threat they will leave is REAL.
If they vote no on April 4th. It'll just show the stubbornness and idiocy of the citizens of Jackson County...

Johnson County: Meet the Chiefs

If you vote no, and the Chiefs decide to head to JoCo and Royals decide to move Downtown, you have one EXTREMELY harmful thing and one good thing...

However if you vote no... Chiefs stay and Royals stay, we get a Super Bowl and the world's largest rolling roof. This is really really good for Downtown and especially Jackson County.

If they leave, it won't be the owner's fault. It's going to be the idiots at the polls. And you know what? Your just going to conform with the foolishness of the rest of the metro area.

And mean, if you didn't know, libel and slander is NOT allowed under the Bill of Rights.
How are the Chiefs going to JoCo a horrible thing?  We keep the teams in the metro.  They'll still be the "Kansas City" Chiefs.  You'll still have to drive or take a long bus ride to get to the game.  KCMO and Jackson County won't be missing out on much revenue because there isn't any development around the stadium AND we don't have to pay for it anymore.  If they want to go to JoCo, good for them!
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

staubio wrote: If they want to go to JoCo, good for them!
=D> =D> =D>

That fragile ego rearing its ugly head again.
KCDevin wrote: what? you make no sense beautyfromashes...
What doesn't make sense about "you're more stupid than I thought?"  How could one be clearer?
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

KCDevin wrote: And mean, if you didn't know, libel and slander is NOT allowed under the Bill of Rights.
True, libel and slandor are not protected speech.  However, parody and artistic humor are.  Look up Fallwell v. Hustler for the constitutional precedent that lampooning public figures through absurd representations is protected speech.  
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Devin--
You misunderstand the competition.  We shouldn't be competing against Johnson county and Johnson county shouldn't be competing against us.  We should raise our expectations.  We should be trying to compete with Chicago or St. Louis or Dallas.  Internal battling for metro businesses, being played by sports franchises and other interests against each other and spending huge amounts of money for the status quo is not in the best interest of the city.  We should be trying to attract businesses from other cities and regions, promoting small business development, expanding tourism through destinations and improved transportation.  We have a lot going to for us in the metro area that would be attractive to other people wanting to move here and, in turn, businesses.  The problem is we are to busy fighting across the state line to go after any of it together. How is the Chiefs or Royals moving to Johnson County a bad thing?  

Also, about Glorioso: How would someone on here like to be sued for satire or humor?  It's a blind threat and insulting to anyone's intelligence that it would be successful.  Only chef would believe it to be so.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

KCDevin wrote: Johnson County: Meet the Chiefs
The Horror!
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

Edited: Sorry I blew up like that...

Johnson County is taking businesses and residents from Downtown! All of the freaking businesses in Johnson County belong Downtown, not in cookie cutter crap campuses.

It would be the Overland Park Chiefs, not the Kansas City Chiefs. We might as well disown (if we could) the Chiefs if they went to Johnson County...

The only way the Chiefs would go to Johnson County is on these conditions:

They trade us the Chiefs for the following things:
Destroy their business campuses
Send Sprint, Executive Hills and all other companies to Downtown Kansas City
Allow residents and businesses to move to Downtown KC without offering tax breaks or anything to keep them in your county.
Stop offering tax breaks to companies to move to your county. If they do move there, encourage the larger companies to move to Downtown KC.

Then and ONLY then can they have the Chiefs.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

KCDevin wrote: You idiots don't get it do you!?

Johnson County is taking businesses and residents from Downtown! All of the freaking businesses in Johnson County belong Downtown, not in cookie cutter crap campuses.
TSC is downtown?
KCDevin wrote: It would be the Overland Park Chiefs, not the Kansas City Chiefs. We might as well disown (if we could) the Chiefs if they went to Johnson County...
Just like the Arlington Rangers, Foxboro Patriots, New Jersey Jets, and New Jersey Giants?

The chiefs would never agree to put OP in their name because it limits their marketability; see Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim for reference.
KCDevin wrote: The only way the Chiefs would go to Johnson County is on these conditions:

They trade us the Chiefs for the following things:
Destroy their business campuses
Send Sprint, Executive Hills and all other companies to Downtown Kansas City
Allow residents and businesses to move to Downtown KC without offering tax breaks or anything to keep them in your county.
Stop offering tax breaks to companies to move to your county. If they do move there, encourage the larger companies to move to Downtown KC.

Then and ONLY then can they have the Chiefs.
:roll:
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

However an acceptive alternative is to move the Chiefs to KCK... NOT the Speedway, rather between 5 highway and 56 highway. And State Line and 635...
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I would be totally cool with the Chiefs in JoCo. Let them pay for it for the next 30-odd years, and I'll still watch the games on TV and have a good time.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

What about the amount of business and retail that will mvoe to JoCo? That'd be away from jackson county and away from Downtown most importantly...

As far as i'm concerned, that fire hit the wrong part of Overland Park, it should have hit the campuses... Should have saved the historic part.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

KCDevin wrote: What about the amount of business and retail that will mvoe to JoCo? That'd be away from jackson county and away from Downtown most importantly...
One more Taco Bell and Denny's isn't going to make JoCo or break JaCo
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

KCDevin wrote: What about the amount of business and retail that will mvoe to JoCo? That'd be away from jackson county and away from Downtown most importantly...
What businesses are you talking about? Compare the businesses and retail near the stadiums, with the businesses and retail far away from the stadiums, and I don't think you have much of an argument, bro.