Chiefs

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Chiefs

Post by KCMax »

Brodie Croyle has the lowest ranking out of all starting QBs in Madden 09.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

KCMax wrote: Brodie Croyle has the lowest ranking out of all starting QBs in Madden 09.
and homes games at Kauffman are half full 2k8 MLB for PS3  Good stuff :)
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

KCMax wrote: Brodie Croyle has the lowest ranking out of all starting QBs in Madden 09.
What a shock!      &
KC is the way to be!
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Croyle last year had a higher passer rating, completion percentage, and fewer INTs than either Eli or Peyton Manning in their first six starts. Or John Elway or Troy Aikman in their first six starts for that matter.

Which isn't to say Croyle has any hope of being anywhere near as good as any of those guys, cause I don't think he does. In fact, I kind of think he might just be doomed to suck. But it does go to show that sometimes even the greats start off sucking ass.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

mean wrote: Croyle last year had a higher passer rating, completion percentage, and fewer INTs than either Eli or Peyton Manning in their first six starts. Or John Elway or Troy Aikman in their first six starts for that matter.

Which isn't to say Croyle has any hope of being anywhere near as good as any of those guys, cause I don't think he does. In fact, I kind of think he might just be doomed to suck. But it does go to show that sometimes even the greats start off sucking ass.
The suck asses also start off sucking ass.  They also finish off sucking ass.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

^Couldn't have said it better myself.

There's good, and there's always bad.
KC is the way to be!
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

The Trent Dilfer Ravens team proved you don't need a good QB to win football games.  In the long run we need something better than Croyle, but we can groom him to be a decent back-up.  We can draft a QB in the first round next year.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

jlbomega wrote: The Trent Dilfer Ravens team proved you don't need a good QB to win football games.  In the long run we need something better than Croyle, but we can groom him to be a decent back-up.  We can draft a QB in the first round next year.
Nope - that didn't prove anything.  The Ravens D was one of hte best (if not the best) in NFL history.  They skated by with him in the playoffs, winning tight games until the Super Bowl.  Hell, they were even a wild card team I believe.

They were the exception to the rule.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

as were the Bucs with Brad Johnson?
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

Maitre D wrote: Nope - that didn't prove anything.  The Ravens D was one of hte best (if not the best) in NFL history.  They skated by with him in the playoffs, winning tight games until the Super Bowl.  Hell, they were even a wild card team I believe.

They were the exception to the rule.
I love how MD just contradicts me even when I'm right.  He contradicted himself in his own post. 

I said Croyle isn't the answer and to get to the next level we need another QB.  But we can win games and be a decent teams pounding the rock with LJ, Smith, and Charles along with playing strong defense.  We could be an 8-8 team.  More likely 5-11.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

jlbomega wrote: I love how MD just contradicts me even when I'm right.  He contradicted himself in his own post. 

I said Croyle isn't the answer and to get to the next level we need another QB.  But we can win games and be a decent teams pounding the rock with LJ, Smith, and Charles along with playing strong defense.  We could be an 8-8 team.  More likely 5-11.

Huh?   You said that winning teams don't require a good QB (see:  Ravens, Baltimore 2000).   

I say they do, and pointed out that the Baltimore team was the exception.   How did I "contradict" myself by saying your argument is based on an outlier?   Are you retarded?
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

Maitre D wrote:
Huh?   You said that winning teams don't require a good QB (see:  Ravens, Baltimore 2000).   

I say they do, and pointed out that the Baltimore team was the exception.   How did I "contradict" myself by saying your argument is based on an outlier?   Are you retarded?
I know you get angry when you are exposed.  You said you can't with with a bad QB, but they are the exception to the rule.  What rule?  As ND pointed out Tampa won with Brad Johnson.  The better QB you have the more you will win, but a top line QB does not make it necessary to win.  You can still win playing smashmouth football. 
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

You guys are splitting hairs here...one is talking about winning...the other about winning the Super Bowl.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

jlbomega wrote:   What rule?  As ND pointed out Tampa won with Brad Johnson. 

In 2002, Brad Johnson led the NFC with a 92.9 passer rating.  He threw for over 3,000 yards, had a 22-6 TD/INT ratio, and even made the Pro Bowl.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Johns ... ootball%29

Gawd, you're a retard.

NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

Sun shines on a dog's ass once in a while
- Mark Twain
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

NDTeve wrote: You guys are splitting hairs here...one is talking about winning...the other about winning the Super Bowl.
I know, but MD has got to turn everything into a pissing match.  When I picture MD he is the monkey at the zoo that always throws poo at the others  :lol:
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

jlbomega wrote: I know, but MD has got to turn everything into a pissing match.  When I picture MD he is the monkey at the zoo that always throws poo at the others  :lol:

I didn't expect you to admit you were wrong, JLB. 

jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

Maitre D wrote:
I didn't expect you to admit you were wrong, JLB. 
I didn't say I was wrong.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

jlbomega wrote: I didn't say I was wrong.
Um.....yeah....I know.....that's...the.....point.

kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

I saw as one of the stories on the Yahoo homepage (so don't know if its credible) that Arrowhead has a "no standing policy".  It was more of a bitchy opinion piece so was just wondering if this really is a rule...is it new/old?  are they really going to try to enforce it?