The kitchen's still open!

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The kitchen's still open!

Post by bahua »

There's plenty to eat after 10pm.

Skies, on the 2500 block of McGee, serves appetizers until 1:30.

Grinders, at 18th and Locust, is cooking until they close, usually around midnight.

Texas Tom's, at Linwood and Holmes, is open until 5am, I believe.

Nichols Lunch, near 39th and Summit, serves food that you have to be drunk to eat, 24/7. It's really horrible.

Tarantino's, at like Admiral and McGee, is cooking until at least midnight.

The Majestic serves food until they close at 11.

Tanner's and the Quaff both serve greasy bar food until about 2:30am.

Minksy's serves food until at least midnight.

Winslow's, I believe, serves food until about 11.

Gates BBQ, at Main and Linwood, is yelling orders until 11.

Also, if you're not in the mood for excitement, you can go to any Wendy's(1am), the Subway at Main and Linwood(24/7), the Taco Bell on Linwood(4 or 5am), the Popeye's on Linwood(2 or 3am), the Burger King at Main and Armour(24/7), or either of the Midtown(call John or Juan) McDonald's(24/7).
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

bahua wrote: There's plenty to eat after 10pm.

Tarantino's, at like Admiral and McGee, is cooking until at least midnight.

Winslow's, I believe, serves food until about 11.
I've heard (but not personally confirmed) that Tarantino's stops serving food at 10 and is just a bar after that.  Likewise, Winslow's kitchen closes at 9pm, it's just the bar that's open late.
beccanator
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

The Bar's still open on a Sunday. And there's music?

Post by beccanator »

K, here's a similar question.

What bars in KC are open after 11:00pm on a Sunday night? And is there any live music to be had?

I ask this question because I met a tourist yesterday and decided to show him around town and give him a taste of Kansas City Jazz. One problem....none of my favorite music joints are open after 10:00pm on Sunday! Jeeze! Does anyone know of any places with live music? Then, we wanted to go out for a drink...only made it in time for last call at Jardine's. I hate always ending up at the Plaza late a night when a spontanteous tour of KC is in order. Suggestions please.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
scooterj
Ambassador

Re: The Bar's still open on a Sunday. And there's music?

Post by scooterj »

beccanator wrote: K, here's a similar question.

What bars in KC are open after 11:00pm on a Sunday night? And is there any live music to be had?

I ask this question because I met a tourist yesterday and decided to show him around town and give him a taste of Kansas City Jazz. One problem....none of my favorite music joints are open after 10:00pm on Sunday! Jeeze! Does anyone know of any places with live music? Then, we wanted to go out for a drink...only made it in time for last call at Jardine's. I hate always ending up at the Plaza late a night when a spontanteous tour of KC is in order. Suggestions please.

It's hard enough to find an open bar in KC anytime on a Sunday due to the stupid 51% food sales law.  Legislation of morality is utterly ridiculous.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

The Quaff and Tomfooleries are both open until 3am on Sundays.