I'm Starving.. Who delivers?

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: I'm Starving.. Who delivers?

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

I wouldn't judge the bathroom on a first friday.  Its probably one of only a few public bathrooms in the area, on a night when you have thousands of beer fueled drunks wandering the streets. 

If you are a little OCD about restaurant cleanliness, Grinders may actually be a good fit for you - they do all of the prep and cooking out in front of you.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

Moniker wrote: Grinders is a rather popular and burgeoning urban hangout, but to be honest I've never really had a compulsion to eat there after visiting their restrooms during the gallery crawl over by Cherry. I really have to call under question the cleanliness of the place.

I've always been of the opinion that if a restaurant's bathroom is dirty, their food will be treated with no better quality.

~m.

I'm the opposite.    To me a sparkling clean bathroom means bland corporate mass-produced food while a bathroom that is clearly not the top priority usually means better food.   
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

mean wrote: Grinders delivers now? It's on!

Hope you're hungry, minimum $25 order on deliveries.
Steve52
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Steve52 »

A clean Bathroom in Kansas City?

:lol:

Wasn't that the reason KC lost so much first rate trade show business since the Bartle and Convention Center fiasco years back? Bathrooms with litter and tp all over the floor and plugged up toilets?

Be enough to ruin my appetite.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

Clean bathrooms are for women. All I need is a urine receptacle, running water in the sink, and the front of my pants.

The stinkiest men's room in KC has to be Harling's, but man, I love that place.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

one time a friend of mine walked into the men's room at the raytown Dairy Queen, and some joker was just standing there taking a dump in the urinal.  he looked at my friend like "yeah, so what?" 

pretty awesome.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

bahua wrote: The stinkiest men's room in KC has to be Harling's, but man, I love that place.
That one is bad, but the Hurricane or Davey's Uptown probably give it a run for its money. 
voltopt
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by voltopt »

ha! the hurricane bathroom... gross...
"I never quarrel, sir; but I do fight, sir; and when I fight, sir, a funeral follows, sir."   -senator thomas hart benton
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

Whenever I go into the toilet at Davey's, I make sure not to touch the walls.

But I love that place, too.
voltopt
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by voltopt »

the bathroom at jimmy's jigger is... nice...
"I never quarrel, sir; but I do fight, sir; and when I fight, sir, a funeral follows, sir."   -senator thomas hart benton
skim82
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by skim82 »

Where exactly is Grinder's??

Also, is the Red Dragon any good?  What would you guys suggest from there? 
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

skim82 wrote: Where exactly is Grinder's??

Also, is the Red Dragon any good?  What would you guys suggest from there? 
Red Dragon is awesome. we just ate there last october. anything they have is good, they really know how to do good spicy like kung pao and lemongrass, spicy = hot and flavor, not just heat.

on that note, the kung pao chicken is excellent, the peanuts are real crispy, and taste like they have been fried in the wok with chile's. yum.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

skim82 wrote: Where exactly is Grinder's??
18th & Locust
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

kcdcchef wrote: on that note, the kung pao chicken is excellent, the peanuts are real crispy, and taste like they have been fried in the wok with chile's. yum.
Which is great for the overall flavor, except that it makes the chiles taste peanuty... I normally like to eat the chiles but I don't like the peanuty taste they get when cooked this way so I skip them when I eat Red Dragon's kung pao.    That doesn't change the fact though that their kung pao triple delight is my favorite chinese dish in KC.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

It's downtown(the loop)'s only chinese sit-down, and for that, it is very good, and one of the only restaurants open after normal hours. They are open until 10, i think.
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

bahua wrote: It's downtown(the loop)'s only chinese sit-down, and for that, it is very good, and one of the only restaurants open after normal hours. They are open until 10, i think.
The old Vietnamese lady who works there 7 days a week from open to close, her and I go way back.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

scooterj wrote: ... I normally like to eat the chiles but I don't like the peanuty taste they get when cooked this way 
if they are fresh. dried red chiles, which, is what most chinese places use, do not pick up any trace of nutty flavor. a little of the rice vinegar though. but, i do love red dragon.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by MidWestSider »

Just received a door hanger from IMO's...  Their delivery zone is North to the River Market, East to Troost, South to 63rd and West to Mission.
KCRealtor
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCRealtor »

Red Dragon is my "best" for chinese.  Been going there for years and know them all by name.  And, most importantly...they don't forget me or my family.  Plus, I always have good parking.  Best Pizza is Minsky's, although their delivery area is awful.  Best bbq (in my opinion) is Smokin Joes.  However, for delivery....I don't know because nobody delivers to my house....fools!
barkerr
New York Life
New York Life

Post by barkerr »

Cafe Al Dente in the City Market Delivers. They have excellent pizza. Thin crust Italian sausage...mmmmm. Their atmosphere leaves something to be desired. Non-smokers beware.