Chriz + his girl come to KC for the weekend. long + boring. do not read.

Do a trip report here....go to another city and want to relate it to what KC is doing right or could do better? Give us a summary in here.
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Chriz + his girl come to KC for the weekend. long + boring. do not read.

Post by Tosspot »

KCPowercat wrote: i've seen Jerry around downtown lately.....did he get booted from the plaza or has downtown ARRIVED?? :)
I see him several times a week at on my breaks and lunch hour from work. Quite often he's talking to one of the DCID guys in front of City Center Square. Did he get booted from the Plaza? That would be wonderful-- now we just have to boot him from all of Kansas City.

My dad chased that little fucker with a city bus once, and a few weeks ago Jerry gave me his usual line of "I'm saving up for a downpayment on a cheeseburger..." and I told him "My dad's been looking for you!" and Jerry asked "Who's your dad?" and I said "The bus driver." Jerry asked "which busdriver?" so I told him "Charlie" and Jerry just said "Charlie and I don't get along." and with that the little turd walked off all intimidated.  :lol:

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
skim82
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by skim82 »

KCK wrote: You really shouldn't have taken her out to Scottsdale/JOCO. If you marry this girl, she will make you move out there because it reminds her of home......lol

I think sometimes we judge KC far too harshly. Compared to sprawlers like Phoenix, or Charlotte, KC is leaps and bounds ahead in urban fabric and culture. I read the entire thing, the length does not bother me, and it was quite interesting. Of course I just want to remind you that you don't have to prove to anyone that KC sprawls Just As Good As Phoenix. We can keep that secret to ourselves.
HaHa, KCK is right, if you're girl is from the Phoenix/Scottsdale area, she's gonna want to transplant right on 135th and Quivira.

KC does have culture.  I just wish that Westport was just a little bigger.  Is there any chance we could get like a dave and buster's or like a hard rock cafe, a Fat Tuesday, Senor Frogs or something there?? 

I have never been to first fridays, but it's on list of "to dos". 

I'm glad your girl like KC.

chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

luckily my gf prefers an urban environment and has a disdain for beige, cookie-cutter burbs.  she isn't militant about it though.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

Chriz, you didn't have to tell me not to read your post.  No way on Earth would I spend time with such a topic, esp. of that length.

But you can do us all a favor.  Post a pic of your chick.  I want to judge her for myself

Do it for yourself.  Do it for your fellow posters.  Hell, do it for your country, dude.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

pittsburghparoyal wrote:
But you can do us all a favor.  Post a pic of your chick.  I want to judge her for myself

Do it for yourself.  Do it for your fellow posters.  Hell, do it for your country, dude.
wtf?  thanks, beavis.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

Not askin for a nudie photo, .lighten up francis.

just post the pic.  I want to provide some commentary.  Feedback.  Constructive criticism.  You know.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Okkk...  :-k
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

pittsburghparoyal wrote: Not askin for a nudie photo, .lighten up francis.

just post the pic.  I want to provide some commentary.  Feedback.  Constructive criticism.  You know.
yeah, i'll get right on that.  :roll: