Pendleton Heights rocks!

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Pendleton Heights rocks!

Post by chrizow »

Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

chrizow wrote: Image
I bet none of you knew that my first name is Eric and my surname begins with a B, did you? I thought not.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
Sportster
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Sportster »

Just wanted to add my kudos to this one. P{endleton - once again has a good President and is showing new signs of rejuvination. Neighbor of mine in Scarritt got one of their "litter letters" Boy was she pissed - but the letter did its job!

Scarritt Ren. just needs to nominate an "enforcer" style Prez. next year so things get back to the way hey were in the mid 1990's.
I/E put Northeast back on the map!

Sportster
...my $.02 worth
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Thrillcekr »

I'd love to see some good pictures of this neighborhood.  Been through it a few times but always on the way to somewhere else.  One thing that is somewhat frustrating is that when I was considering buying in this area I was getting so many conflicting reports.  Some said it was safe while others said it was a hell hole.  Leaves one scratching their head and wondering what to believe.
voltopt
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by voltopt »

its all perspective, right?  :D
"I never quarrel, sir; but I do fight, sir; and when I fight, sir, a funeral follows, sir."   -senator thomas hart benton
Boognish
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Boognish »

Thrillcekr wrote: I'd love to see some good pictures of this neighborhood.  Been through it a few times but always on the way to somewhere else.  One thing that is somewhat frustrating is that when I was considering buying in this area I was getting so many conflicting reports.  Some said it was safe while others said it was a hell hole.  Leaves one scratching their head and wondering what to believe.
What you heard alone verifies what it is: a full blown urban neighborhood. It's extremely diverse, from both an economic and racial perspective, as well as a safety vs. unsafe perspective. Block by block is kind of how it plays out. The best bet is to ask the people living on a certain block and take the consensus. If most of them say it is safe, it is. If not, then well ....
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Thrillcekr »

Boognish wrote: What you heard alone verifies what it is: a full blown urban neighborhood. It's extremely diverse, from both an economic and racial perspective, as well as a safety vs. unsafe perspective. Block by block is kind of how it plays out. The best bet is to ask the people living on a certain block and take the consensus. If most of them say it is safe, it is. If not, then well ....
Then search the black market for some fully automatic weapons and cut a few portals in the side of the house?  Put together a group of vigilantes and kill everyone I can't identify as being a resident?  Thanks for the advice.  I'm on it.
Last edited by Thrillcekr on Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
kid a
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by kid a »

Thrillcekr wrote: Then search the black market for some fully automatic weapons and cut a few portals in the side of the house?  Put together a group of vigilantes and kill everyone I can't identify as being a resident?  Thanks for the advice.  I'm on it.
that's a weird thing to say...
cityboy
Pad site
Pad site

Post by cityboy »

Thrillcekr...you're scarey :shock:

P.H. Prez has a little saying that I think is pretty cool....."Your neighborhood will get what it is willing to put up with" (something to that nature)  Good thing he has a large support group to back those words!  As for the "litter letter"....HA HA.....I like it!.

For those searching for a home...my buddy has a house on the market in PH that is FABULOUS!  Check it out sometime at 500 Olive St.  He has 3000sf of hardwood and wood trim with clawfoot tubs and slate floors.  Pretty Yummy!
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

That home at 500 Olive is beautifully restored! I would have bought it if it had been inmy price range. Its a great deal though. Its given me inspiration for what I plan to do with mine just a few doors down. The dining room is one of of my favorite rooms. Wow.
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
cityboy
Pad site
Pad site

Post by cityboy »

Natl. Frisbee Golf Tournament soon in Pendleton Heights...anybody have a date? Kinda nice to see our city parks used for something other than dumping garbage! 
Moniker
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Moniker »

cityboy wrote: Natl. Frisbee Golf Tournament soon in Pendleton Heights...anybody have a date? Kinda nice to see our city parks used for something other than dumping garbage!   
That is one of my favorite courses inside of Kansas City, outside of Swope Park. A lot of poison ivy down below, but very scenic once you get down near the limestone cliffs.

~m.
cityboy
Pad site
Pad site

Post by cityboy »

Victorian Home for sale in Pendleton Heights...507 Olive St...worth checking out at  :shock:150,000!  Familiar with this one?
cityboy
Pad site
Pad site

Post by cityboy »

Another Victorian home is being restored in P.H.  Historians just bought a Vic. bungalow on Park Ave. for restoration to 3br 2bath home.  I have seen the plans and it will be great!
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

lots of homes are being renovated in the district, its pretty exciting.  I see Eric B. is the agent at 507 Olive. If you are looking for a home in this part of town, he lives in the historic district, and is actively involved in making sure the area stays on course.  He seems to be a really nice guy, knows the area, and is well thought of. 
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
KCAppraiser
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCAppraiser »

Hey Cityboy, which house are you talking about?  I inspected a house on Park about a month ago for a construction loan.  The plans were very ambitious.  I hope everything works out for them.
cityboy
Pad site
Pad site

Post by cityboy »

Pendleton Heights Castle featured in KC Star today!  Did anyone catch the article on the castles?  Two were in the Upper East Side with one in P.H. If you want to see it just follow Garfield all the way north to just past Pendlton Ave. The castle sits on the corner overlooking the bluffs.  Of course, you will have to endure the distractions of the other wonderful Victorian homes along the way...how tough.  The other is behind the K.C. Museum (where there is a 6000 sf brownstone mansion for sale too).
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

I rode along the northern edge of the Northeast this morning and was very impressed with the activity. There were lots of people walking on the trail at the top of the bluff.  Great area that is getting better with every visit.
cityboy
Pad site
Pad site

Post by cityboy »

So glad to hear that staubio.  Many of us in the Upper East Side pour our heart, soul and wallets into the neighborhood.  Nice to hear that our progress is recognizable.  Just wait....we're not finished yet! :D
catfish1812
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by catfish1812 »

Here is a link describing the castle.  I walk by this place almost every day and I'm dying to see the inside:

http://dupontcastle.com/castles/tiffany.htm
you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows