Sosa's on 39th (Nichols/Mama's location)

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Re: Sosa's on 39th (Nichols/Mama's location)

Post by kcjak »

Estelle's (by the Anton's guy Anton Kotar) is being replaced by...Sosa's. The landlady apparently feels that Anton was taking too long to get the business up and running and is giving Mr. Sosa another shot after they couldn't make it the first time. The Pitch article makes this situation seem like a complete clusterfk and does nothing to help me believe the space will ever live up to it's potential. I was excited for Estelle's but the decision to give another shot to Sosa's is even more disappointing than Sosa's food, service and management.

http://www.pitch.com/FastPitch/archives ... reet-diner
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

Not thrilled about Sosa's return. Although, while their food was average - it was still a better quick/cheap breakfast than Chubby's or Huddle House. Midtown has set the bar pretty low in that area. Port Fonda, Blue Stem, The Corner and Beer Kitchen are all great places for a weekend brunch, but the neighborhood could still use a good diner.
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

Estelle's (by the Anton's guy Anton Kotar) is being replaced by...Sosa's. The landlady apparently feels that Anton was taking too long to get the business up and running and is giving Mr. Sosa another shot after they couldn't make it the first time. The Pitch article makes this situation seem like a complete clusterfk and does nothing to help me believe the space will ever live up to it's potential. I was excited for Estelle's but the decision to give another shot to Sosa's is even more disappointing than Sosa's food, service and management.
Damn! I was really excited about Estelle's - sounded like the perfect fit here. It started to take long enough that I was worried but didn't think Sosa's would be back no matter what happened with Estelle's. Sounds like a cluster indeed.