Teadrops goes into H&R Block Building

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
geeman68
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Re: Teadrops goes into H&R Block Building

Post by geeman68 »

They should try doing a Groupon only for that location and get more advertising out and maybe someone to hand out flyers over the Big Tourney week.  I also really enjoy their beverages but it doesn't do any good if they close before you can go there.  Sheesh.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

rxlexi wrote: ^^^^ I always forget to add Teadrops DT to my hated list of early-closing, when are they ever open cool places I wish I could patronize list.  I've tried going numerous times after work; always closed.  And they have that sweet patio area looking out towards 13th St/Cosentino's too, it's a shame.  I love their location in Westport but if you're gonna do a second location, especially in a "cool" urban center, do it right.
Do they not keep posted hours?

Teadrops is probably one of the only 9-5 hours situations I'll actually defend. The first and only time I was in there it was Block central as it's quite literally a coffee/tea shop almost exclusively for Block employees. Although there is a larger sign on 13th the location is married to the idea of being an office tower coffee shop that it doesn't bother me they keep hours reflecting the office workers. However, with the Midland so nearby it seems a little dopey they don't coordinate hours with venue that bleeds into the dark so often.
Angel
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Angel »

Someone told me they went on a Saturday night and they were open...guess they open when there's something at the Rep.  Would be nice if they advertised this.  I think it's pretty sad that there aren't any coffee/tea places open after 6pm.  Although, I just discovered that Starbucks in Crown Plaza is open until 8pm during the week but how many people actually know it's there?  People go to the theater, movies, sporting events and when they leave they can't stop and have a hot drink drink and a pastry anywhere.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

Angel wrote: Someone told me they went on a Saturday night and they were open...guess they open when there's something at the Rep.  Would be nice if they advertised this.  I think it's pretty sad that there aren't any coffee/tea places open after 6pm.  Although, I just discovered that Starbucks in Crown Plaza is open until 8pm during the week but how many people actually know it's there?  People go to the theater, movies, sporting events and when they leave they can't stop and have a hot drink drink and a pastry anywhere.
Teadrops stayed open last time I saw a show at the Rep.  Also, if you are looking to buy loose leaf after 5pm, Cosentino's has Shang Tea for sale (from the local Crown Center vendor). 
blackbird
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by blackbird »

geeman68 wrote: They should try doing a Groupon only for that location and get more advertising out and maybe someone to hand out flyers over the Big Tourney week.
They did do that, actually.  About 6-8 months ago there was a Teadrops groupon that was only good for the downtown location - I bought one!