Shipping Container Home in Brookside

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Shipping Container Home in Brookside

Post by zonk »

i like it....alot!  I'd be interested to hear how the approval process through the city went.  everyone here knows the city approval/permitting process is a bitch to go through, i wonder with this new construction methodology if it took longer....?
nkarl
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by nkarl »

I think this one will fit in well without being obtrusive. Going by the pictures, it looks like a decent contemporary home. Definitely looks better than the vacant lot with the crumbling sidewalk.
Jess
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Jess »

I think it's ending up looking a lot like the corrugated metal-walled, temporary classrooms that were set up at an elementary school I used to be be affiliated with after a tornado went through and before the damaged portions were rebuilt.

It's a creative enough use of repurposed material, so props to that, but, yeah, it's sure not cute.
wetpaint
Pad site
Pad site

Post by wetpaint »

nkarl wrote: I think this one will fit in well without being obtrusive. Going by the pictures, it looks like a decent contemporary home. Definitely looks better than the vacant lot with the crumbling sidewalk.
If you think the vacant lot was bad, you should have seen the hovel hunkering down behind its fence which was there before the vacant lot.
Chiro75
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Chiro75 »

It's got to be insulated somehow, no?
------
http://www.KCcoffeegeek.com
Instagram: kccoffeegeek
Twitter: kccoffeegeek
ThaMexican
New York Life
New York Life

Post by ThaMexican »

I like it in fact that is something I would be interested on  building.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

$10 says that once Darcey can start a thread we'll end up with a delicious plate of Spam.
Pork Chop
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Pork Chop »

smh wrote:$10 says that once Darcey can start a thread we'll end up with a delicious plate of Spam.

I was waiting for an advertisement for a house built out of a shipping container and then a link to some site offering those homes. :D
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »