Walk - Don't Walk Signs

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
RiverMarketDweller
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: Walk - Don't Walk Signs

Post by RiverMarketDweller »

I was on the south-east corner of 7th and Grand walking west. I pushed the button and received the walk signal the same time as the cars received a green turn arrow. Seeing an arrow signaled to all three cars and the metro bus that they had the right of way to turn left.

Also note that Grand is back to being anti-pedestrian just south of SC.
Last edited by RiverMarketDweller on Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

RiverMarketDweller wrote: I was on the south-west corner of 7th and Grand walking west. I pushed the button and received the walk signal the same time as the cars received a green turn arrow. Seeing an arrow signaled to all three cars and the metro bus that they had the right of way to turn left.
could you explain that again?  if you were on the south-west corner going west...why would you need to cross?  And who got the arrow?
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
RiverMarketDweller
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by RiverMarketDweller »

Kard wrote: could you explain that again?  if you were on the south-west corner going west...why would you need to cross?  And who got the arrow?
my bad on southeast corner going west
anniewarbucks
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by anniewarbucks »

RiverMarketDweller wrote:
Also note that Grand is back to being anti-pedestrian just south of SC.
I think that after the SC and P&L is finished the signals will be fixed to make Grand more pedestrian friendly.
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant- free message.
However, a significant number of electrons have been inconvenienced.