Big 12 Basketball 2008

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: Big 12 Basketball 2008

Post by NDTeve »

im2kull wrote: Say's the one who posts nothing but...

KU

KU

KU

KU

&KU

Perhaps I use my brain, and realize how much BS these 2 most recent Self led teams are.  The 08 team was amazing, I cheered for them all year...go back and nitpick my posts from then, I'm sure they'll back my story up.  Hell I was a pretty damn big fan of the 07 team, and the 06 team...and we all know how far they went in the tournament.  I'm a Big 12 fan, yes, and apparently you don't like my factual points about your beloved University of Kansas...too bad.  Go grab a helmet buddy, life's tough.

P.S. - You, Metro, and Highlander all talk about Mizzou..and how its gloom and doom for Anderson and how incredibly bad his system is for recruiting...but have you ever taken a minute to realize that he runs a system completely different than any other system in the nation (including Kansas), and that...Perhaps....He doesn't need 4 & 5 star recruits?  ! Who knew that the three biggest KU fans on this board have yet to notice the production from their arch nemesis's obvious lack of Mc'donalds all americans.  Do you really think he'll need a "Loaded" team like Bill Self has to achieve what he hasn't 3 of the last 4 years?  You guys really need to work a new angle on this...

On another note, it is nice to see Roy clean up that junk Mich. St team that mighty Kansas couldn't put away.

Stay Kull  8)

#-o
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
jhen24
Surface Lot

Post by jhen24 »

the big 12 shall remain highlight for the basketball and i think the system completely different than any other system in the nation..

City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

im2kull wrote: Perhaps I use my brain, and realize how much BS these 2 most recent Self led teams are.  The 08 team was amazing, I cheered for them all year...go back and nitpick my posts from then, I'm sure they'll back my story up.  Hell I was a pretty damn big fan of the 07 team, and the 06 team...and we all know how far they went in the tournament.  I'm a Big 12 fan, yes, and apparently you don't like my factual points about your beloved University of Kansas...too bad.  Go grab a helmet buddy, life's tough.
Brotha2Kull - your professed university neurtrality is about as transparently hollow as your African lineage.  Just give up the bullshit and post as your self - it is far less confusing for your psyche. 
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Brotha2Kull - your professed university neurtrality is about as transparently hollow as your African lineage.  Just give up the bullshit and post as your self - it is far less confusing for your psyche. 
I like all Big 12 teams, I even like KU.  What I don't like is fans following around their school like its a world savior.  I would've thought you realized that by now, but apparently your just as slow as those jaychicken frieds of yours.  :)

-(Don'tcha wish you were) Kull Out'  8)
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
blujdude87
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by blujdude87 »

I think KU will be awesome this year, much better than last year.  Picking up Henry can help put us over the top.  But, with that said, MU still scares me, especially if we lose Collins and Aldrich.  It feels like we're almost taking a step back by going younger and starting Henry, and who knows how well Bill can coach him and make sure he doesn't turn into a bonehead at the same time as the Morris bros?  Those three could spell disaster if they commit the same old fouls and turnovers as in the past.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

blujdude87 wrote: ..who knows how well Bill can coach him and make sure he doesn't turn into a bonehead at the same time as the Morris bros?  Those three could spell disaster if they commit the same old fouls and turnovers as in the past.
I can agree with that.  The morris twins are pretty much the reason KU seems to fall apart so much.  That game at Mizzou Arena was pretty good example, with the T on one of them for bumping the ref and what not.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

blujdude87 wrote: I think KU will be awesome this year, much better than last year.  Picking up Henry can help put us over the top.  But, with that said, MU still scares me, especially if we lose Collins and Aldrich.  It feels like we're almost taking a step back by going younger and starting Henry, and who knows how well Bill can coach him and make sure he doesn't turn into a bonehead at the same time as the Morris bros?  Those three could spell disaster if they commit the same old fouls and turnovers as in the past.
Have you been living in a cave the past couple weeks?  :lol:
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

im2kull wrote: I can agree with that.  The morris twins are pretty much the reason KU seems to fall apart so much.  That game at Mizzou Arena was pretty good example, with the T on one of them for bumping the ref and what not.
Marcus was pretty good down the stretch. Hopefully both of them grow up this off-season. With the depth of KU...Bill won't have to put up with any funny business (a la Jeff Graves suspension)
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

I know KU fans are bitterly disappointed that Mizzou had a better season than the Jayhawks, and desperately cannot wait for 2010 to get here to rectify the situation.  However basketball is over and it is now football season.  Let's hold off on the 2009-2010 predictions at least until KU fans realize their football team isn't going to the Big 12 Title game.... again.  I assume this will be sometime around Late Nite so it should work out. 
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

im2kull wrote:   The morris twins are pretty much the reason KU seems to fall apart so much. 
Yeah because they clearly fell apart "so much" last year - winning the conference and massively exceeding expectations was such a huge let down.  

Since you are such a "fan of the conference" I can really understand why you would think the conference champion was such a disapointment - makes total sense.  &&&&&&&
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Yeah because they clearly fell apart "so much" last year - winning the conference and massively exceeding expectations was such a huge let down.  

Since you are such a "fan of the conference" I can really understand why you would think the conference champion was such a disapointment - makes total sense.  &&&&&&&
I was thinking the same thing.  As immature as the twins seemed at times (Who could blame them? They were freshmen), they (especially Marcus) were a huge part of our success.  I wasn't really disappointed with their play most of the season, and Marcus will again play an important role for KU next season.  There's no reason they shouldn't be in the Final Four.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

jlbomega wrote: I know KU fans are bitterly disappointed that Mizzou had a better season than the Jayhawks, and desperately cannot wait for 2010 to get here to rectify the situation.  However basketball is over and it is now football season.  Let's hold off on the 2009-2010 predictions at least until KU fans realize their football team isn't going to the Big 12 Title game.... again.  I assume this will be sometime around Late Nite so it should work out. 
Talk about football in a hoops thread. Typical. How many of your posts are not flames? .00005%?
- Mark Twain
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

jlbomega wrote: I know KU fans are bitterly disappointed that Mizzou had a better season than the Jayhawks, and desperately cannot wait for 2010 to get here to rectify the situation.  However basketball is over and it is now football season.  Let's hold off on the 2009-2010 predictions at least until KU fans realize their football team isn't going to the Big 12 Title game.... again.  I assume this will be sometime around Late Nite so it should work out. 
Is this like that time we went to the Orange Bowl and won - but you still had a better season? Whatever helps you sleep at night... (cue Chef with the "we finished 4th, Jaydorks finished 7th - god I miss that).
If it doesn't have street-level retail, it's an abortion.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Yeah because they clearly fell apart "so much" last year - winning the conference and massively exceeding expectations was such a huge let down.  
So losing to an inferior Michigan State team, Twice, was not a huge let down?

You hardcore KU fans need to decide what you think about your team...its like you keep tearing a piece of paper saying:

"KU is amazing, but that's just how good we are...because we have all new players, and we're not supposed to win anything this year.  We're a lock to win the National Championship any day!"  :roll:

"_____Fill in the blank (Something along the lines of not having a good year, and knowing it)_______"

Go ahead, make a choice.  You can't have both, see how contradictory it is when you do have both...read the first sentence I wrote.  It literally makes no sense to say that you are godly great, but have a young team, and that that's why you can't make a deep run.  I suppose this will be an uphill battle though, since it makes sense to every Jayhawk fan from the last decade.  All those early exits and missed oppertunitys have got you soo confused.  BTW, I hope you caught the little rascals, "She loves me", "She loves me not" comparison.

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Since you are such a "fan of the conference" I can really understand why you would think the conference champion was such a disapointment - makes total sense.  &&&&&&&
Perhaps because by having KU win the Big 12 conference it showed how weak we were this year, when we should've been as strong if not stronger than last year.  I would have much rather had Texas continue its tear from last year, or had Oklahoma walk through everyone and win the conference title handidly.  Then KU could have finished third, and Mizzou somewhere below that, and our conference wouldn't be such a joke...as it was during football season.  Maybe to KU fans the conference title was a major win, but for the conference it was a huge loss.  Having a team that gets blown out by Texas Tech, and Mich. St twice (The same Mich. St that Roy blew out this year) in the same year represent our conference is a shame.  Then you wonder why everyone outside of Big 12 country thinks we're a joke..
THINK (ONE) KC.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

WSPanic wrote: Is this like that time we went to the Orange Bowl and won - but you still had a better season? Whatever helps you sleep at night... (cue Chef with the "we finished 4th, Jaydorks finished 7th - god I miss that).
Nah, I think what Mizzou fans believe game them the better season was the SI issue following this:

Meaning this one...
THINK (ONE) KC.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

im2kull wrote: So losing to an inferior Michigan State team, Twice, was not a huge let down?
Inferior MSU team?  :lol:
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

Im2Kull...KU lost to the National Runner Up in the Sweet 16. Not sure I understand your rant.

KU didn't get blown out in the 2nd game. No one thinks the Big XII is a joke. KU won the National Championship 2 years ago. OU gave it away in football this year.

The only joke is your knowledge of sports. Not sure what you struggle more at...football or basketball.

Never seen someone post so much who knows so little.
- Mark Twain
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

im2kull wrote: So losing to an inferior Michigan State team, Twice, was not a huge let down?
You mean the runner up to the national title?  That "inferior" team?  No.  No I don't consider that a let down in the least.  

im2kull wrote: "KU is amazing, but that's just how good we are...because we have all new players, and we're not supposed to win anything this year.  We're a lock to win the National Championship any day!"  :roll:
Aparently you are failing to understand that this past year and next year are two seperate points in time with two seperate levels of expectation.  You may have noticed that time has this funny habit of constantly moving forward.  
im2kull wrote: All those early exits
"All"?  lol  Keep living that dream tigerfan.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

LenexatoKCMO wrote:
"All"?  lol  Keep living that dream tigerfan.
(I'll bite)

Anyday, Jaychicken!  8)
THINK (ONE) KC.
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

WSPanic wrote: Is this like that time we went to the Orange Bowl and won - but you still had a better season? Whatever helps you sleep at night... (cue Chef with the "we finished 4th, Jaydorks finished 7th - god I miss that).
Well we finished higher in the standings in basketball and in football... so yes we had a better season than you did on both occasions.  Only dipshit KU fans say otherwise (since everyone with an opinion that matters voted us ahead of you on both occasions in the polls). 

Beaker logic amazes me when the numbers just don't add up in their favor.  I guess it has to do with the education they received.