Big 12 Football

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Re: Big 12 Football

Post by Maitre D »

WSPanic wrote: Many in the media thought KU was not the most deserving team in the BCS - that is correct. No one mocked KU for anything, though.
Most of them changed their tune following the OB win.  JLB never brings that up of course.

And the fact that a majority of media people considered it a surprise that KU made it has no bearing on the perception of the bowl. Everyone pretty much forgot about Missouri the day after the BCS selections.

Kansas was going to the BCS regardless of what happened in the OU-MU title game.  Everyone knew it was coming: 

http://www.cjonline.com/stories/120107/ ... 0410.shtml
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

JLB is sure trying hard this morning, isn't he? Wow!  :shock:
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

kcmetro wrote: JLB is sure trying hard this morning, isn't he? Wow!  :shock:
I think he was really counting on that Baseball win to improve his mood. 
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

That Topeka paper is not qualified to be a source b/c its from within the State of Kansas.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

NDTeve wrote: That Topeka paper is not qualified to be a source b/c its from within the State of Kansas.
Much to JLB's chagrin, the original source for the "KU to the Fiesta vs. OU" was the Dallas Morning News:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... 47d9e.html
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

so dmn was wrong and that is a good source?
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

KCPowercat wrote: so dmn was wrong and that is a good source?

Go read the story.  You won't look like such a fool.

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

what looks foolish is in april actually caring if ku was predicted by anybody to go to the orange.

u went, u won, who cares what they were saying beforehand.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

This whole thing started because MD claimed the Cotton Bowl is a second tier bowl.  So to get back on the subject, you're an idiot MD!  Of course he changed the subject when he knew he was wrong.  I would degrade a bowl that has never invited my team too I guess  :roll:.
WSPanic wrote: Many in the media thought KU was not the most deserving team in the BCS - that is correct. No one mocked KU for anything, though.
I don't have as much time on my hands as MD, but if you believe that you obviously didn't catch much national reaction.
WSPanic wrote: And, the fact that KU won the Orange Bowl, pretty much ended any national talk of them not belonging. 
Never disagreed with this statement.  I just merely point out LSU rocked VT 45-7 while Arkansas beat LSU.  That is why many argued the Cotton Bowl had better teams in it than the Orange Bowl and it was a better game this year.  Of course I do not expect any Jayhawks to agree since it would belittle their season of a lifetime.
WSPanic wrote: MU had a fine season - I don't understand why you're still trying to convince yourself of that in April.
I know we had a fine season.  We finished the season as a top five football program.  The only Big 12 team to claim that.  Guess the OB victory really didn't do that much for you in the eyes of all those television viewers, huh MD?
Last edited by jlbomega on Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

jlbomega wrote: This whole thing started because MD claimed the Cotton Bowl is a second tier bowl.  So to get back on the subject, you're an idiot MD!  Of course he changed the subject when he knew he was wrong.  I would degrade a bowl that has never invited my team too I guess  :roll:.
How can you possibly talk smack??? Why in the hell would we have wanted KU to go to the Cotton Bowl instead of the Orange Bowl? Your logic isn't making an ounce of sense.
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

see above
Last edited by jlbomega on Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

kcmetro wrote: How can you possibly talk smack??? Why in the hell would we have wanted KU to go to the Cotton Bowl instead of the Orange Bowl? Your logic isn't making an ounce of sense.

JLB got caught in yet another lie, and he's angry about getting disproved.  Lots of people knew KU was a very strong contender for a BCS slot.

He'll never get over that snub.  He needs counseling.

jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

Maitre D wrote:
JLB got caught in yet another lie, and he's angry about getting disproved.    Lots of people knew KU was a very strong contender for a BCS slot.

He'll never get over that snub.   He needs counseling.
MD has gone loco.... why would I seek approval from a majority KU message board?  It would be like you going to tigerboard trying to spew your nonsense. 

On a side note, why can't you ever stay on topic?  Cotton Bowl is "second tier"... please.  You would only be so fortunate to go to the Cotton Bowl.... at any time in the future. 
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

Not sure if this board is majority KU. MU and K-State fans just seem to have disappeared lately. Wonder why?
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

NDTeve wrote: Not sure if this board is majority KU. MU and K-State fans just seem to have disappeared lately. Wonder why?
They realize that trying to enlighten the phlock is like pissing in the wind.  Oh, and that any conversation MD joins immediately turns into a flame war. 

That being said it is a great place to take a quick break from work and let loose.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

jlbomega wrote: You would only be so fortunate to go to the Cotton Bowl.... at any time in the future. 
After winning an Orange Bowl, going to the Cotton would be like going from Jessica Simpson to Ashlee Simpson.

Pretty nice too, don't get me wrong -but nothing like the real thing.   Know what I'm saying?

NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

jlbomega wrote: They realize that trying to enlighten the phlock is like pissing in the wind.  Oh, and that any conversation MD joins immediately turns into a flame war. 

That being said it is a great place to take a quick break from work and let loose.
Agreed. 8)
- Mark Twain
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

Maitre D wrote: After winning an Orange Bowl, going to the Cotton would be like going from Jessica Simpson to Ashlee Simpson.
Then what would going from the Orange Bowl to the Ft. Worth bowl be like?  Just wanting to know what you have to look forward to this year  :lol:
TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by TheBigChuckbowski »

NDTeve wrote: Not sure if this board is majority KU. MU and K-State fans just seem to have disappeared lately. Wonder why?
Perhaps we don't feel like discussing what people were thinking on December 31, 2007. Seems pretty pointless especially since this has been discussed on here, oh, 5 million times.
You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once. Not in 'Nam of course.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

kcmetro wrote: Why in the hell would we have wanted KU to go to the Cotton Bowl instead of the Orange Bowl?

Judging by the payouts, it is clear the Cotton = Orange

Rose        17M
Fiesta      17M
Orange     17M
Sugar       17M

Capitol 1   4M
Outback    3M
Cotton      3M
Chik-Fil-A  2.8M
Champs Sports  2.3M