OFFICIAL - New KCI Terminal

Transportation topics in KC
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: OFFICIAL - New KCI Terminal

Post by moderne »

"For sake of civic virtue, they have fountains that will squirt you." --Calamity Jane
beermestrength
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by beermestrength »

moderne wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:51 pm "For sake of civic virtue, they have fountains that will squirt you." --Calamity Jane
That's called a bidet.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Terrazzo installation work is underway across the Kansas City International Airport New Terminal with approximately 20 percent complete on the arrivals (lower) level and nearly 50 percent complete on the departures (upper) level.

The KCI Airport New Terminal’s exterior is nearing completion as the final glass panels are being installed on the B Concourse amenity node.

https://www.buildkci.com/images/
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

I know there's a lot to get done, but man there doesn't look like a year of work left in here.

Has there been any more talk of moving Southwest over early?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

WoodDraw wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:29 pm I know there's a lot to get done, but man there doesn't look like a year of work left in here.

Has there been any more talk of moving Southwest over early?
Monthly project update on their website just says on schedule.

Weather Days: Prior to November, Clark | Weitz | Clarkson (CWC) expended the allotted 60 workdays anticipated for the New Terminal weather impacts. During November, CWC expended zero (0) total weather days for the New Terminal; zero (0) weather days for the Parking Garage, and one (1) days for the airside civil scope. There are seven (7) remaining weather days for the airside civil scope.

Schedule Critical Path: As of the end of November, completion of the interior fit-out in the headhouse continues to be the main emphasis for the critical path. Completion of the interior fit-out includes installation of drywall, ceiling, and terrazzo flooring. These dust-producing items are to be completed prior to commissioning and testing of the HVAC equipment. Completion of the airside paving scope remains critical to ensure pavement is ready for Passenger Boarding Bridge installation, which will start in March 2022.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Lot of systems test that has to be done before it opens. Much more than and office building.
Anthony_Hugo98
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

shinatoo wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:20 pm Lot of systems test that has to be done before it opens. Much more than and office building.
Is baggage even complete yet? From what I’ve seen from other projects, that’s the really time consuming aspect
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:46 pm
shinatoo wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:20 pm Lot of systems test that has to be done before it opens. Much more than and office building.
Is baggage even complete yet? From what I’ve seen from other projects, that’s the really time consuming aspect
60% in November
Anthony_Hugo98
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

KCAD & BuildKCI team was in Utah last week at the Jet-Bridge manufacture to get a look at them. Definitely love the glass design, makes boarding a significantly less claustrophobic experience and gives great airfield views.

normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Looks very modern
Anthony_Hugo98
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

normalthings wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:37 pm Looks very modern
Venice Marco Polo had these for their main gates. They’re perfectly fine in the summer, however, wintertime they got a little brisk. I’m hoping the Climate Control systems they have function a little better.
Major KC Fan
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Major KC Fan »

Seems we had similar jetways on an Aer Lingus flight from Dublin to Rome in 2017 if I remember right. It was much better than the claustrophobic enclosed jetways but I also hope it’s well insulated against single digit weather like we’re getting tomorrow.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Not like the closer in ones are very insulated either
Definitely cool looking. Wasn't at the top of my new terminal wishlist but cool none the less.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:18 pm KCAD & BuildKCI team was in Utah last week at the Jet-Bridge manufacture to get a look at them. Definitely love the glass design, makes boarding a significantly less claustrophobic experience and gives great airfield views.

Cool. I just figured the jetways were interchangeable and the existing ones would be moved from the existing terminals to the new terminal. This will be a plus.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

can we sell the old ones to like small regional airports? Or maybe just put a Free sign on them but they have to come pick them up
Anthony_Hugo98
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:12 am can we sell the old ones to like small regional airports? Or maybe just put a Free sign on them but they have to come pick them up
I’ll take one and use it to get to my car in the morning
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmEu_rqnxfo
Kansas City International Airport New Terminal Progress January 2022
Anthony_Hugo98
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

normalthings wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:59 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmEu_rqnxfo
Kansas City International Airport New Terminal Progress January 2022
The bathroom mock up looks SIGNIFICANTLY better with the full buildout, I was concerned about that tile.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Really like the check in hall back wall. Could be as iconic as the front drive Y columns.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Sorta disappointed in the limestone headhouse. Just thought it would be big slabs, not deluxe backsplash tiles.