beer.

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Re: beer.

Post by bahua »

BUSCH: Hey! I have an idea! Let's start a new brewery, but instead of being creative with our styles, we'll just continue making shitty beer!
STOCKHOLDERS: I'M IN LOL!
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

warwickland wrote: Busch heir to start St. Louis-based brewery
Evan S Benn
St. Louis Post Dispatch
7/18/11

A member of the Busch family may soon lead a St. Louis brewery for the first time since the 2008 InBev takeover of Anheuser-Busch.

William K. "Billy" Busch, 51, said he is close to opening William K. Busch Brewing Co., a brewery that will initially focus on American-style pale lagers, similar to Budweiser and Bud Light.
I hope he can sell it on the cheap because I think that's the real reason most people still buy Budweiser products.  Few will pay microbrewery prices for a version of Bud Light.  
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

My guess is that it will be on par with Schlafly in price, if not only slightly cheaper, and like the brey beers of their past, they will depend on packaging more than the actual content.
Ez Street
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Ez Street »

warwickland wrote: Busch heir to start St. Louis-based brewery
Evan S Benn
St. Louis Post Dispatch
7/18/11

A member of the Busch family may soon lead a St. Louis brewery for the first time since the 2008 InBev takeover of Anheuser-Busch.

William K. "Billy" Busch, 51, said he is close to opening William K. Busch Brewing Co., a brewery that will initially focus on American-style pale lagers, similar to Budweiser and Bud Light.

The goal is to have two lagers available in the St. Louis market by November, with broader, regional distribution after that.

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/d ... z1SaU2cUFO
It's the perfect oppritunity to bring this baby back........

:lol:
KCKev
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCKev »

If you're not on the EDGE, you're taking up TOO MUCH ROOM!
AJoD
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by AJoD »

Their beers are fantastic, at least all 6 or 7 I've tried. They're incredibly nice. They are really interested in brewing unique stuff, have a huge passion for it, and I highly recommend everyone who has the means to pitch in even $5 or $10 to help them get going. Even if you don't like beer much, they have the potential to be a great addition to the KC cultural scene.
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Maybe they should consider starting smaller. Asking for $40k seems a bit much, and that's the whole reason I didn't contribute. It made me wonder how much of their money they're putting in if they need $40k from strangers.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Butterflies
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Butterflies »

there's a beerfest August 13 @ Zona Rosa...proceeds benefit local scholarships & charities

www.unicokc.com
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Beer fests at places where 100% of people will be driving to and from seems like a dumb idea.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

mean wrote: Beer fests at places where 100% of people will be driving to and from seems like a dumb idea.
I agree, though if the event were held downtown 95%+ of attendees would still drive.  An improvement, to be sure, but still unfortunate.  Ah, life in a car-centric metro, where drinking and driving is just a way of life...
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

This begs the question why doesn't the 129 at least touch the edge of zona rosa?

Downtown at least people would have bus options. Maybe they stay the night at a hotel and enjoy the new attractions.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

chrizow wrote: I agree, though if the event were held downtown 95%+ of attendees would still drive.
BUT WHERE WILL THEY PARK?
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

KCPowercat wrote: Downtown at least people would have bus options. Maybe they stay the night at a hotel and enjoy the new attractions.
I see what you are saying, but I would imagine that most attendees of any beer fest downtown (i.e. the P+L beerfest last year) live in the burbs 10-30 minutes from downtown.  I don't think that an afternoon beerfest is the kind of event where people "make a weekend of it" and stay in a hotel downtown - but hey, I hope they do! 

Hell, I bet that 99.5% of the attendees who live in midtown, BKS, Waldo etc. would still drive even though they could use the bus.  Ah, KC! 
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

mean wrote: Maybe they should consider starting smaller. Asking for $40k seems a bit much, and that's the whole reason I didn't contribute. It made me wonder how much of their money they're putting in if they need $40k from strangers.
I'm thinking that if they can raise $40k without commitments, they could have easily done this and more by seeking an equity partner.  I guess I'd take the free money too.  Having said that, I hope they get off the ground and are selling beer soon. 
Butterflies
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Butterflies »

"Re: beer.
? Reply #1630 on: August 04, 2011, 11:00:39 AM ?
Reply with quoteQuote
Beer fests at places where 100% of people will be driving to and from seems like a dumb idea."

this reply is dumb...since smart attendees will use a designated driver!
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Butterflies wrote:this reply is dumb...since smart attendees will use a designated driver!
Uh huh.
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Have pitchers of beer gone out of style?

I was thinking about this today, couldn’t resolve it myself and decided to ask: Have pitchers of beer gone out of style? I remember as a youngin’ with the family it seemed that when we went for pizza a couple of pitchers of beer were always on the table. Of course, back then those pitchers were filled with Miller Lite. Am I just hanging out at the wrong (or right?) places? I can’t remember the last time I saw a pitcher of beer—let alone a decent beer like Pale Ale. It never occurs to me when I’m out to dinner (pizza, let’s say) or at a bar to order a pitcher. Are they even on offer any more?

Thoughts?

EDIT: I forgot about Caddyshack. Miller Lite, Bud Light, or PBR. Your choice. They definitely have pitchers (and indoor illegal smoking a lot of the time, tsk tsk.)
"It's only when you leave Kansas City do you realize truly how great a city it is. ... If you have to go away, go away for a while. You'll be back. And when you come back, bring your ideas and willingness to make Kansas City the best."- Sly James