KC in TV and Movies

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: KC in TV and Movies

Post by KCK »

TEacher's unions are to blame??? How? Are they claiming that the teacher's unions are demanding too high pay for teachers.....lol

Teachers are probably the most underpaid people fo the level of education the have attained.
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Not really KC, but last Saturday Night Live Jason Sudeikis starred in a skit called "Joplin Live" about the only podcast from Joplin, Missouri, straight from the Bennigans off I-69!
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
Dmeister
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Dmeister »

Kinda surprised no one's mentioned the Stephen King connection yet...although it's not really Kansas City, it is Liberty, which pretty much counts because we're all familiar with it (or live in it).

"Sometimes they come back" was shot in Liberty, Excelsior Springs, and around the area.  In several early scenes you can see the Liberty square, and Liberty police cars.

I thought it was cool that they used Liberty rather than turning it into a "fictional" town.
Denver Josh
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Denver Josh »

New horror movie under development called WICHITA and being directed by SAW I & II director.  No word on if they are actually filming in the state of KS.
"My ego's like my stomach, it keeps...shitting what I feed it."  Tim Kasher   / www.joshoakhurst.com
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Just saw "Free Ride" on FOX tonight for the first time. Its not very funny. Its about a college grad who moves back in with his parents in the fictional Missouri town of "Johnson City."

Cyclops
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Cyclops »

Here is a TV commercial that was filmed here in KC a few years ago. It's for Cellular One. Locations include Downtown, River Market, Plaza, Kemper Museum and a few dusty roads out south. Thought some of you might enjoy it.

http://www.kcskyscrapers.com/albums/Cyc ... ll_One.mov
the only thing for sure is change.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Cool ad cyclops, was it local or national?

ComandanteCero
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by ComandanteCero »

that's a really nice commercial, cool shots and locations.  Makes KC feel very happening.
KC Region is all part of the same animal regardless of state and county lines.
Think on the Regional scale.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

KCMax wrote: Cool ad cyclops, was it local or national?
Well it says "we are the one more people in Kansas City choose". More than likely it was a local only ad.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Ah. No audio on this computer!

Cyclops
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Cyclops »

KCMax wrote: Cool ad cyclops, was it local or national?
Thanks Max. It was actually a regional ad. In Wichita for example they changed the voice over to say "we're the one more people in Wichita choose". I'm not sure how many markets it actually ended up running in but there were at least three versions to start. If I remember right, for the other markets they took out some of the more obvious KC shots like the sky stations and skyline and replaced it with more of the talent shots. We filmed for three days and there was a bunch of additional footage. But it was a very fun shoot cris crossing all over the place.
the only thing for sure is change.
10-7
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by 10-7 »

I was just reading this thread and noticed that nobody has mentioned Jason Wiles - who played "Bosco" on "Third Watch".  He is from the KC area (I think I read once that he went to Shawnee Mission or something), and recently did an independent film called "Lenexa: 1 Mile", which I think was shot here in the KC area.
GuyInLenexa
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by GuyInLenexa »

Last, but not least...... Foxy Love on Comedy Central's Drawn Together has a KCMO connection.  Her baby is in an orphanage in KCMO.  This was revealed on the episode when Xander came out to his parents.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Last night I watched an old Chapelle Show. KC native Eddie Griffin appeared as a world champion dice roller named "Grits and Gravy" from KCMO. He even gave a shoutout to KC.

eomaha.com
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by eomaha.com »

I don't know if it will make it to general distribution or not... but this is supposedly scheduled for release sometime this year.  Some big... albeit sort of has been actors... but wow... this one will actually bear the city name.  Word is... it is 'kind' to our fair city as well (Schmidt was funny, but not exactly the most flattering representation  :) ).
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

Sounds interesting, but that poster is terrible.
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0483763/

It's real!  I thought that poster was a photoshop hack.  Hehe...
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

Not sure if it has been mentioned here (couldn't find it in a search), but I just watched the "experimental" documentary Das Bus on the Sundance Channel - and it was one of the weirdest things I've seen. Anyone who spends any time on this forum should really try and catch some of this.

It is 100% KC bus drivers, riders, footage and music. It's a strange type of documentary that mixes true interviews with KC Metro bus drivers/passengers with produced music and scenes. It's weirder than hell. I can't say I really liked the style too much, but for the KC exposure it's amazing.

They conduct interviews in places like Chubby's and The Grand Emporium (old school). All scenery is KC. The music alone is worth it. Songs from Bob Walkenhorst, Nace Brothers and Iris Dement - along with "videos" (for lack of a better term) for Tech 9, and the Baloney Ponyz (hilarious hair-band video).

My favorite part has to be the four or five "pulpy" interviews with James Elroy on a KC Metro Bus. If you've never seen this guy interviewed, it's worth it just to watch these. He's a real KC treasure.

Sorry if this has been metioned.
If it doesn't have street-level retail, it's an abortion.
KCkansas
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by KCkansas »

that one astroid movie, was that "the day after"?  it was on NBC some time ago...
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

WSPanic wrote: Not sure if it has been mentioned here (couldn't find it in a search), but I just watched the "experimental" documentary Das Bus on the Sundance Channel - and it was one of the weirdest things I've seen. Anyone who spends any time on this forum should really try and catch some of this.

It is 100% KC bus drivers, riders, footage and music. It's a strange type of documentary that mixes true interviews with KC Metro bus drivers/passengers with produced music and scenes. It's weirder than hell. I can't say I really liked the style too much, but for the KC exposure it's amazing.

They conduct interviews in places like Chubby's and The Grand Emporium (old school). All scenery is KC. The music alone is worth it. Songs from Bob Walkenhorst, Nace Brothers and Iris Dement - along with "videos" (for lack of a better term) for Tech 9, and the Baloney Ponyz (hilarious hair-band video).

My favorite part has to be the four or five "pulpy" interviews with James Elroy on a KC Metro Bus. If you've never seen this guy interviewed, it's worth it just to watch these. He's a real KC treasure.

Sorry if this has been metioned.

My dad was in that movie. The dude who plays bagpipes on his bus layovers.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit