12th and Broadway site: RFP for mixed use

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Re: 12th and Broadway site: RFP for mixed use

Post by FangKC »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:26 pm Image
I'm not a big fan of this corner. Once the building is constructed, I don't see how this "pocket park" benefits anyone other than a passageway for railroad employees to walk to the corner. Why can't they just walk directly to 12th Street further up? This pocket park doesn't have any seating, but just concrete barriers next to the street. If this is going to be the design, then just construct the building up to the sidewalk and be done with it.
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

Fang, I think the bend in the building opens up a nice view back towards the original HQ building from the intersection, kind of tying them together.

My bigger concern than the design is just getting this building (or anything on this site, really) built in a timely manner. Hopefully the CPKS deal proves fruitful for the region, as we've been on the losing end of these mergers lately in a big, big way, and financing for office construction right now has got to be difficult.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

^ Yeah, hard to take this project seriously with its timeline. Seems like another vaporware project.