OFFICIAL: The Legends at Village West

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Legends tenants

Post by GRID »

scooterj wrote:This article scared me at first when I saw both Hard Rock Cafe and House of Blue mentioned but was relieved to find that neither is actually planned for Legends. Which leaves open hope that such places may likely go to KC Live.
True.

I think it will be a success until the same things pop up in Olathe, LS or other places where there are a lot more rooftops.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Legends tenants

Post by trailerkid »

GRID wrote:
scooterj wrote:This article scared me at first when I saw both Hard Rock Cafe and House of Blue mentioned but was relieved to find that neither is actually planned for Legends. Which leaves open hope that such places may likely go to KC Live.
True.

I think it will be a success until the same things pop up in Olathe, LS or other places where there are a lot more rooftops.
Grid...this doesn't have much to do with rooftops.

The guy who founded Rainforest Cafe is putting his new concept at Mall of America and at Legends-- that's it. He wasn't even going to come to the KC market at all. The Hard Rock guy won't build a new concept at SummitWoods...it won't happen. The aim of Legends, whether is suceeds or not, is to do something with the same regional cache as the Mall of America. I think you are highly underestimating what they are capable of out there. Tourism is a major industry.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Legends tenants

Post by dangerboy »

If Legends is successful the odds are that other suburbs will start trying to do similar projects. Olathe already has the idea with an arena, Independence with development around a Bass Pro, etc. That's the mentality of our suburbs - everyone wants one of everything for themselves, so they never have to travel across the city.
KCDevin

Legends tenants

Post by KCDevin »

don't tell me Hard Rock Cafe is going to Legends, they are going downtown.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Legends tenants

Post by KCPowercat »

not going to the legends...hopefully not downtown either :)

The rest of the list was published in the journal....nothing too exciting...too lazy to copy/paste #-o
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
kansasfarmboy

Legends tenants

Post by kansasfarmboy »

KCDevin wrote:don't tell me Hard Rock Cafe is going to Legends, they are going downtown.

NOPE devin!!

KCTV 5 ,,,, 5pm Isaac the founder of hardrock JUST SAID... the H/R cafe will be in KCK at the speedway

Another 7 million in property taxes kc LOSES out on as this will not be built with TIF money...

Great job KCK....

ATA has already added 4 express busses out to the area that began in march..

SO a new arena will have a great SILENT existence downtown , that is if it ever gets built.

Just face it people kcmo missed the ball on this one , its only a matter of WHO is to blame not IF....
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Legends tenants

Post by KCPowercat »

Hard Rock Cafe is NOT going to Villiage West/Legends. The founder of the HRC chain is starting a new concept BBQ restaurant.

BTW kfb....check your sources again this whole project is being done with TIF type money...sales tax collected at the location is going to pay for the project...it's the only way KCK can get anything to build out there.

kansasfarmboy

Legends tenants

Post by kansasfarmboy »

KCPowercat wrote:not going to the legends...hopefully not downtown either :)

The rest of the list was published in the journal....nothing too exciting...too lazy to copy/paste #-o

Not arguing kcp, but kctv 5 just showed a piece with isaac founder of HRC and its definately going into legends.... along with MANY other businesses i read that article in the kc biz, i believe i counted 12 major and 19 total players in the legends deal ,,,, 8million property tax money and 11million sales tax generation..... all at 7.10 percent not the WHOPPING 9 percent KCMO sales tax
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Legends tenants

Post by KCPowercat »

please kfb, read your story again, your facts are all off. Here it is again, ready closely

http://kansascity.bizjournals.com/kansa ... st=b_ln_hl

"Bozo's Hot Pit Bar-B-Q, developed by Hard Rock Café founder Isaac Tigrett"

"Earlier in the afternoon, the Unified Government's Board of Commissioners unanimously approved $114 million in STAR bonds to finance the $248 million project. " <<--- TIF TYPE FUNDS Sales Taxes used to pay for development

KCMO's general sales tax is not 9%....restaurant tax is around there.
Last edited by KCPowercat on Wed May 26, 2004 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kansasfarmboy

Legends tenants

Post by kansasfarmboy »

KCPowercat wrote:Hard Rock Cafe is NOT going to Villiage West/Legends. The founder of the HRC chain is starting a new concept BBQ restaurant.

BTW kfb....check your sources again this whole project is being done with TIF type money...sales tax collected at the location is going to pay for the project...it's the only way KCK can get anything to build out there.

"TIF TYPE" or TIF money ?

their lawyer JUST said , on kctv 5, about the figures 8million property tax generation 11million sales tax , i didnt make that figure up or pull it out of my behind,,,,, watch the news.

but hey your the boss

All i know is I see a lot of UPY UPY in kck and a lot of NOTHING in KCMO, so many NEW things is KS, each one SUCKING $$$ from kcmo.

Im gonna start a new thread so im NOT off topic
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Legends tenants

Post by KCPowercat »

I am no master at tax financing and development but I don't believe KS has "TIF" they have "STAR" which acts in the same manner....funds created by the project go to pay for that project instead of to the state. If there is no project, those funds wouldn't be created.....so like TIF, STAR is really no exposure to the taxpayers.

GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Legends tenants

Post by GRID »

The entire Legends project is HEAVILY subsidized, probably more so than any project in the Midwest and they are not opening a “Hard Rockâ€
kansasfarmboy

Legends tenants

Post by kansasfarmboy »

[quote="GRID"]The entire Legends project is HEAVILY subsidized, probably more so than any project in the Midwest and they are not opening a “Hard Rockâ€
Missionite
New York Life
New York Life

Legends tenants

Post by Missionite »

Made a quick drive through on Saturday night after visiting my dad. Since the last time I've been out there a Sonic has been built, an Arthur Bryant's (as KC mentioned - it isn't open yet though), a Russell Stovers candy outlet and a Longhorn Steakhouse. A new Wendy's has also opened up on Parallel.

Matt
Discover America's Theme Parks @ www.ThemeParksMagazine.com
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Legends tenants

Post by dangerboy »

KFB, he is right. No Hard Rock. You either misheard KCTV or they misstated their story.

STAR is not TIF, but it works very similarly, thus the phrase "TIF-like." They both use some of the tax generated by the new development to help pay for the roads, sewers, etc. that are built for it. One difference is that a STAR subsidy includes the state's share of the tax, in addition to the city's share that would normally be used in TIF.

The speedway itself received an unprecedented tax break... It won't pay any taxes for 30 years. None, zero, nada. By the time it goes back on the tax rolls it will be ready for a major overhaul, which will likely be subsidized again.
kansasfarmboy

Legends tenants

Post by kansasfarmboy »

dangerboy wrote:KFB, he is right. No Hard Rock. You either misheard KCTV or they misstated their story.

STAR is not TIF, but it works very similarly, thus the phrase "TIF-like." They both use some of the tax generated by the new development to help pay for the roads, sewers, etc. that are built for it. One difference is that a STAR subsidy includes the state's share of the tax, in addition to the city's share that would normally be used in TIF.

The speedway itself received an unprecedented tax break... It won't pay any taxes for 30 years. None, zero, nada. By the time it goes back on the tax rolls it will be ready for a major overhaul, which will likely be subsidized again.
Well Once again I am 100 percent completely totally WRONG in every sense of the term. as in NOT right at all.

Yep, gotta be able to admit DEFEAT something KCMO and its voters havent learned in 150 years.

But HELL will freeze over before YOU ever see one in downtown KC.

You got a better chance of seeing the defunct planet hollywood promised for the kcpl district. The pictures were better anyways.

Who are they going to cater to mon through thurs ? OOOPS thats flame bait

MARK my words.....3 years from now when the CIRCUS TENT is done thats is NOW touted as Sprint Arena, is erected, there will be NO HARD ROCK DOWNTOWN *

*= 100 percent my opinion not based on ANY fact, either expressed, written or implied

Ill buy everyone here food and drinks ad hard rock on OPENING night ON ME...
KCDevin

Legends tenants

Post by KCDevin »

your being a menace, im sorry but that is 100% my opinon.
kansasfarmboy

Legends tenants

Post by kansasfarmboy »

KCDevin wrote:your being a menace, im sorry but that is 100% my opinon.
Can you define MENACE for me ? is that like dennis the menace ?

BTW-doesnt the good book say "Judge Ye' Lest ye not be judged" ?

I thought I read that somewhere? *

*= I could be 100 percent wrong and want to admit that NOW before anyone takes offense and calls it FLAME bait
KCDevin

Legends tenants

Post by KCDevin »

"Judge not, that ye be not judged" Matthew 7:1
I'm not perfect, I'm not Yeshua you know.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Legends tenants

Post by trailerkid »

I get the Rainforest Cafe and Hard Rock connections, but it took them this long to secure this stuff:

Café Tu Tu Tango
Maurices
Ted's Montana Grill
IZOD
Mikasa
Cold Stone Creamery
Sports Nutz
Pride of Kansas City
EB Games
Claire's