Big 12 Football 2009

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: Big 12 Football 2009

Post by NDTeve »

Off the field smack sure sounds desperate. Bout like bitching about the refs in hoops.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/feb/ ... ange-2010/

KU is finally taking the red stripe off the football helmets.  I've been calling for this to happen from the beginning.  Good move Turner.

Bad move though in taking the names off the back of the jersey.  I think it's going to look silly having a little Jayhawk in that spot.  If he insists on not having last names there, then just leave it blank.  Kinda reminds me when they used to have the little Jayhawk logos on the pants back in the early 90's.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

or go bush league like TT in bball and put 'JAYHAWKS' on the back...

speaking of bush, I see MU is going the way of KU and charging a ton for bleacher seats on the field....goodness.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

KCPowercat wrote: speaking of bush, I see MU is going the way of KU and charging a ton for bleacher seats on the field....goodness.
I couldn't tell from the article - do they at least get to sit in a nice, ugly barcalounger for that scratch?  :P  I guess if people will spend the money on it, why not?  Personally I never saw what the attraction was of sitting down there basically by yourself, with a weak view of the action.  If I was rolling in that kind of money, that sure wouldn't be the seat I would blow it on but someone must disagree. 
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

novelty...no way these things have long term ticket owners....hell if you ask me, those should be the cheapest seats...free hot dogs and cokes don't make it better.

LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

I am surprised the Chief's didn't include such a section in the remodel - I suspect the Chief's fan base contains more than a few idiots who would think plunking down a whole pay check to sit in a big red recliner down amongst the cheerleaders would be the coolest thing ever.  I guess there is still time - its not like one of these set ups can't be trown together overnight.  
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

And KCP - don't be acting like KSU is so classy as to be above this novelty - you have to know deep down that if that field at BSFS was just a little less cramped there would already be a row of purple recliners sitting down there - bobbing away with hydraulic powered "cannonball motion".  :lol:
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

and the same words would be posted by me about them.

NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

Cue the Jock Jams!!
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

NDTeve wrote: Cue the Jock Jams!!
"ARE YOU READY FOR THIS!"
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I'm not defending that mess...or our announcers...can ksu at least get NEW dance music?  That would rock....

did anybody hear the mississippi st. arena the other night?  Finally heard worse music at even a higher decible.

NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

They were playing that same song during the Villanova game the other night. I think the worst part about it is that it has been retrofitted with a K-State cheer included. Surely a sign that its not going away. I do like the Wabash Cannonball song and dance.
- Mark Twain
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

NDTeve wrote: They were playing that same song during the Villanova game the other night. I think the worst part about it is that it has been retrofitted with a K-State cheer included. Surely a sign that its not going away. I do like the Wabash Cannonball song and dance.
Its still their go-to "keep the crowd pumped up during breaks in the action" song/chant.  Until they manage to invent something better we are doomed to relive all that was aesthetically wrong with the 1990's each and every time KSU takes the field/court.  

You would think it would be getting to be a recruiting liability during campus visits- to some high school kid from urban america you might as well be playing some Pat Boone or Barbara Steisand. 
Last edited by LenexatoKCMO on Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

more schools play those songs than don't....I'm quite sure the stadiun anthems aren't going to deter recruiting.

chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

jock jams are 100x better than inane club rap tracks from three years ago or turds from the creed/nickelback wing of rock.  there is one particular song in the latter category that is always played at royals games that makes me want to die. 
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

Only awesome music is played at AFH.  None of that bumpkin dance rap.  If I was a KSU fan, I would be writing letters to the AD telling them that 1991 wants its music back.
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

kcmetro wrote: Only awesome music is played at AFH.  None of that bumpkin dance rap.  If I was a KSU fan, I would be writing letters to the AD telling them that 1991 wants its music back.

Duly noted.  I'll be sure to CC Perkins on that letter.  ACDC's "Thunderstruck" is no stranger to AFH. 
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

yeah I have never heard fas complain about AFH music......ehhhh

kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

I know Manhattan is out in the middle of nowhere, but I would think they'd realize that "get ready for this" went out of style with tight-rolled jeans and slap bracelets.  :D
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

yes the world think lawrence is right next to NYC.

do you just recycle these same old 'slams' over and over or does a new one ever appear?