Big 12 Football 2009

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: Big 12 Football 2009

Post by phxcat »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: This has to be one of the silliest attempts at a backhanded dig I have ever seen.  "Ooh look how weak your program is, bringing in coachs who have recruited well but at bigger schools".  Would it somehow be more impressive if we were hiring a bunch of dudes who had recruited poorly for programs no one had ever heard of? 
The point is that these are above average, not great recruiters, and that you can recruit all you want- if the coaching is not there (and so far, there is no indication that it is) you still aren't going to win any games.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

phxcat wrote: The point is that these are above average, not great recruiters, and that you can recruit all you want- if the coaching is not there (and so far, there is no indication that it is) you still aren't going to win any games.
Example: Quinn Snyder

Example: Charlie Weiss
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

A&M Plays tonight, you guys ready..I sure am!  I don't see them winning, but eh..their new QB has gotten much better throughout the season..so who knows.  Let's just hope that the Big 12 doesn't get off to the kind of start that the PAC 10 has gotten.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

KCMax wrote: Mike Leach is out at Tech.

http://www.sportingnews.com/college-foo ... texas-tech
Yeah didn't see how any other outcome was going to be possible on that one.  Interesting that USF seems to so far have been successful attempting the good ol'fashioned sweep it under the rug and try wait it out approach with their own Coach Woody situation. 

I suspect this change will be a far bigger blow for TT longterm than the Mangino departure will be for Kansas - how much of TT's recent cache is based solely upon the "The Mike Leach Football System" v. anything to do with the University or the armpit that is Lubock TX?  Lets see TGill flex some of those alleged TX recruiting muscles and pick up some of the inevitable decommits. 
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: I suspect this change will be a far bigger blow for TT longterm than the Mangino departure will be for Kansas - how much of TT's recent cache is based solely upon the "The Mike Leach Football System" v. anything to do with the University or the armpit that is Lubock TX?  Lets see TGill flex some of those alleged TX recruiting muscles and pick up some of the inevitable decommits. 
I don't see that happening when his succesor is going to run the same system.  I highly doubt kansas had much to lose in the way of a "Status Quo" to begin with anyways.  TT looses leach, doesn't mean they're not going to stop chucking the ball through the air everywhere they can.
THINK (ONE) KC.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

im2kull wrote: I don't see that happening when his succesor is going to run the same system. 
Yeah but assuming they stick with the spread who are they going to bring in that will be able to continue recruiting that same level of talent to the dirty armpit of texas?  Kids were going there because they wanted to play for the offensive genius Mike Leach not because they wanted to go to TT.  Plus, its the South - flinch just a little bit in that division and you will find youself burried in an instant. 
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Yeah but assuming they stick with the spread who are they going to bring in that will be able to continue recruiting that same level of talent to the dirty armpit of texas?  Kids were going there because they wanted to play for the offensive genius Mike Leach not because they wanted to go to TT.  Plus, its the South - flinch just a little bit in that division and you will find youself burried in an instant. 
You missed my point.  Leech isn't that great of a recruiter, so I doubt the void will be hard to fill.  For incoming athletes to Lubbock, its about the SYSTEM.  Period.  They run the same system as under Leech, they get the same recruits.  Did I miss something there?
THINK (ONE) KC.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Yeah, anybody can run the SYSTEM, why were they paying that guy at all? 8)
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

grovester wrote: Yeah, anybody can run the SYSTEM, why were they paying that guy at all? 8)
Not saying that ANYONE can run the system, but IF someone DOES then why would that be a downside to the SAME recruits that were looking into a Leech run system?
THINK (ONE) KC.
eomaha.com
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by eomaha.com »

Goooooo Biiiiiiiig Reeeeed.  :)
KCFutbol
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCFutbol »

Not too bad of a performance. The offense was even better than mediocre.
eomaha.com
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by eomaha.com »

Nice time to break out the Rex Burkhead wildcat.
jdubwaldo
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by jdubwaldo »

How about those Huskers?  I almost felt sorry for Arizona.  ALMOST. 
eomaha.com
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by eomaha.com »

What the hell... Mizzou is losing to a service academy?
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

eomaha.com wrote: What the hell... Mizzou is losing to a service academy?
Yeah, if only Mizzou would have had 60 minutes and one second to win the game.  :lol:

But, seriously though.  I saw this coming last January:
AllThingsKC wrote: Mizzou Football: 8-5,  Lose a Non-BCS Bowl.  Still, the season will be seen as a sucess for MU fans.

Nebraska will win the Big 12 North in football.
KC is the way to be!
eomaha.com
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by eomaha.com »

Hopefully ISU will pick up a win... Big 12 looking pretty weak.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

eomaha.com wrote: Hopefully ISU will pick up a win... Big 12 looking pretty weak.
Nebraska brought the heat. Mizzou looked undisciplined on D. Pretty much how ND looked against the Navy. You have to tackle 3 guys every play. Mizzou looked like idiots out there.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

1998 KSU Alamo Bowl = 2009 MU Texas Bowl
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

KCPowercat wrote: 1998 KSU Alamo Bowl = 2009 MU Texas Bowl
How so?  Two teams that feel further then they should have in the pecking order show up disinterested and get beat?

I can see that, but I honestly thought it was simply Navy lining up and beating Missouri.  They played extremely well and executed at a much much higher level.  The triple option is a bear to defend if the team running it executes as well as Navy did last night.