Pendleton Heights rocks!

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: Pendleton Heights rocks!

Post by KCLofts »

What's the story with the Mendolia building/neighborhood?  Seems like a decent price.
brian89gp
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by brian89gp »

508 Garfield is a shame.  I would have bought the place in a heart beat and done all of the work needed but the price is way too high, I hope that the current owners lower their price some day.
barkerr
New York Life
New York Life

Post by barkerr »

brian89gp wrote: 508 Garfield is a shame.  I would have bought the place in a heart beat and done all of the work needed but the price is way too high, I hope that the current owners lower their price some day.
I guess if there's a lesson in all of this, it's that the neighborhood association needs to try to get the owners to lower their price in order to get it sold, then renovated, by a good owner. (I'm not quite sure how they'll do that, though.)
alpha_glamourina
New York Life
New York Life

Post by alpha_glamourina »

KCLofts wrote: What's the story with the Mendolia building/neighborhood?  Seems like a decent price.
It is a decent asking price.  I was talking w/ someone about the area a few weeks ago, and was pleased to hear good things about it.  She said she wishes someone would put a little cafe in there, and if it were anyone else, I'd question the statement.  However, this person really does know the area very, very well, so now i'm with her on the cafe idea- 100%. 
Midtownkid
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by Midtownkid »

So I was wondering where the best blocks of PH were.  I am familiar with the KC museum and Cliff Drive, but I am unsure where to go to explore PH.  (I even when on a NE Homes tour a few years ago, but not sure if that was PH.)  Where should one go to see the best of the area?
Sportster
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Sportster »

KCLofts wrote: What's the story with the Mendolia building/neighborhood?  Seems like a decent price.
Sarina Hodges has it listed for...get this...$129,000.  :shock: :shock:
Comes with the attached 3 bedroom residence.
Its a little off the beaten track for a coffee shop, but it'd make a great corner wine bar or something.

Sportster
...yer damn near stealin it
barkerr
New York Life
New York Life

Post by barkerr »

Midtownkid wrote: So I was wondering where the best blocks of PH were.  I am familiar with the KC museum and Cliff Drive, but I am unsure where to go to explore PH.  (I even when on a NE Homes tour a few years ago, but not sure if that was PH.)  Where should one go to see the best of the area?
Personally, I think all of Olive is great, and most of Garfield is too (love the castle). Pendleton Ave, especially the western portion, is also nice, as there is that row of huge Victorians that still impress me.

Just my opinion.
Last edited by barkerr on Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Midtownkid
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by Midtownkid »

OK, cool.  Thanks!  I plan on taking some DC friends over there when we visit.  Will also check out Boulevard Bakery and Happy Gillis.
alpha_glamourina
New York Life
New York Life

Re: Mendolia's
Sportster wrote: Sarina Hodges has it listed for...get this...$129,000.  :shock: :shock:
Comes with the attached 3 bedroom residence.
Its a little off the beaten track for a coffee shop, but it'd make a great corner wine bar or something.

Sportster
...yer damn near stealin it
Oh, I agree- not fabulous for a full on coffee shop, but really quite good for a teensy neighborhood cafe/wine bar.  I would LOVE and support a little wine bar there, and so would all of the other wine drinkers in PH.  God knows there are a lot of us too! 
Halt_I_Am_Reptar
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Halt_I_Am_Reptar »

Does anybody on here know any specifics on the Kansas City Dream Home Initiative?  Specifically I am trying to find answers on repayment, such as what happens if you have to move out of the house prior to the 10 year forgiveable loan deadline. Does anybody know if there are penalties assessed for such a situation?
alpha_glamourina
New York Life
New York Life

Halt_I_Am_Reptar wrote: Does anybody on here know any specifics on the Kansas City Dream Home Initiative?  Specifically I am trying to find answers on repayment, such as what happens if you have to move out of the house prior to the 10 year forgiveable loan deadline. Does anybody know if there are penalties assessed for such a situation?
There is a penalty if the buyer doesn't live there for a minimumn of ten years; what that is, I don't know.  To get the skinny contact Coleman McClain/ Housing Development Division at (816) 513-3008.  Hope this helps. 

For anyone interested in learning more about the KC Dream Home Program:

http://www.kcmo.org/cco.nsf/web/BA86B5B ... enDocument

Participating lenders and other program information can be viewed at www.kcmo.org/planning.nsf/web/kcdream
KCRealtor
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCRealtor »

Halt_I_Am_Reptar wrote: Does anybody on here know any specifics on the Kansas City Dream Home Initiative?  Specifically I am trying to find answers on repayment, such as what happens if you have to move out of the house prior to the 10 year forgiveable loan deadline. Does anybody know if there are penalties assessed for such a situation?
I HAVE ANSWERS.  I've done 9 dream home purchases through the winter and am getting ready to close on another...I love the program.  In brief...(and don't quote me...speak with the expert I mention below)...the 10 year window is the frame of time with which they want one to stay in a home.  The amount of the dream home loan is forgiven 10% each year so at year 5 you would only owe back 50% of the dream home loan at time of sale.  It's a good deal any way you look at it because the loan is structured 80/20 ish from which you only make payments on the 80 (the 20 would be the dream home amount that has no payment unless the property is sold within the 10 years).  Another good reason to utilize the program is that it promotes home inspections, promotes long term residency, and the price does not get inflated beyond actual negotiated price.  Oh ya, this downpayment can cover all expenditures of closing costs and downpayment for buyers.  You do have to meet income requirements and the home will have to pass their inspection.  I strongly suggest that you call Matt Wilson with Bank of America as he is an expert in this field  816-529-1978 or 554-5473.  He can fill in the blanks for you as he is the financial expert...
barkerr
New York Life
New York Life

Post by barkerr »

There's a tent set up in the lot where the Temple will be built. I'm sure all neighbors are invited to attend, though I'm not sure if it's an all-weekend event or what. I think we'll be there Saturday, provided the weather holds.
MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by MidWestSider »

alpha_glamourina wrote: ^ good article.

I've finally got some info on the house for sale at 220 Olive.  4 bdrm, 2.5 baths, all new everything inside.  It's mostly carpeted but I know there's hard wood beneath it.  AC will be added once the house is sold and the buyers are moving in.  Another big bonus here is, truly wonderful neighbors live on either side. 

http://www.realtor.com/realestate/kansa ... 085927509/

It's a foreclosure that's sat for quite some time now, and is a steal at 135k.  Still, the seller is quite motivated, so I bet you can pretty much name your price.  If you're interested and don't already have a realtor, get in touch w/ KCRealtor here on the forum.  He knows this area quite well and will go to bat for you during negotiations. 
a year later..  down to 79k

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/reb/1142295938.html
phna
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by phna »

Information about Saturday (May 2) Northeast cleanup at concourse park

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=d5vj93n_62dz28q5cd
Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does.

Jean Paul Sartre
barkerr
New York Life
New York Life

Post by barkerr »

Apparently the frisbee golf concrete pads and a new fountain are currently being installed in North Terrace Park.
alpha_glamourina
New York Life
New York Life

Save the date

Saturday September 5th @The Brick:  Bingo, Burgers & Beer

Bingo & prizes
Burger basket & Boulevard Beer specials
Raffles
Silent Auction
Music- TBA

This is a fundraiser for the Pendleton Heights Historic District, and the money raised will be used to help with the annual holiday homes tours and general maintenance.  Details to follow. 
phna
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by phna »

^ Calendar Marked. Hope Im in town.

Newly available

423 Olive now

423 Olive in 1940

I walked through the empty shell with some interested buyers.

Will take considerable TLC, but there is lots of interest. I guess $32k is a good incentive.
Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does.

Jean Paul Sartre
Sportster
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Sportster »

Those pics are a cryin shame - that's what that is!

Sportster
...gimme my whippin post
Midtownkid
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by Midtownkid »

Wow, from the outside that house lost everything charming about it.  :x