P+L Tenant Rumors

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Re: P+L Tenant Rumors

Post by kcmetro »

KCN wrote: I was in Dallas at Pete's Dueling Piano Bar a few weeks ago, and got in to a conversation with the owner.  He told me is will be opening a location in Kansas City, and is trying for the Power and Light district.  It's quite a popular place for Texans, and I think it'd be a great addition to the P&L.
Why would we want two dueling piano bars in the same district?
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

Dueling dueling-piano bar bars?
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Dueling dueling-piano bar bars, dueling 12-bar blues.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Post by QueSi2Opie »

Am I the only one to notice on Howl At The Moon's website that they are opening up in the Power & Light District in Kansas City, KANSAS?!?!  Check out the locations.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

QueSi2Opie wrote: Am I the only one to notice on Howl At The Moon's website that they are opening up in the Power & Light District in Kansas City, KANSAS?!?!  Check out the locations.
I sent them an e-mail telling them how stupid they are. :?
Sparty
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Sparty »

schugg wrote: I sent them an e-mail telling them how stupid they are. :?
They fixed it pretty quickly.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

QueSi2Opie wrote: Am I the only one to notice on Howl At The Moon's website that they are opening up in the Power & Light District in Kansas City, KANSAS?!?!  Check out the locations.
I don't want to look  :?
KCDowntown
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCDowntown »

I visited Arnold Imaging's updated website and noticed a some discrepancies on their sample P&L rendering and the one on the powerandlightdistrict.com

P&L Rendering:

Arnold Imaging Rendering:

Check out the two stores in the back of the second rendering - Apple and Kate Spade.

KCDowntown
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

i hope it's not just wishful thinking! i would never have to go the plaza again! (um... for apple, not handbags)
Cyclops
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Cyclops »

There was no mention of adding a second store in KC on Apple's website. As busy as the one on the Plaza is, I could sure see one working in the P+L.  For what it's worth, there are two in the St. Louis area.

http://www.apple.com/retail/

Is there a history of adding wishful thinking to these renderings?
the only thing for sure is change.
CityLiving
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by CityLiving »

Good eye KCDowntown!  An Apple store would be a great fit with the Entertainment District.  I like the Kate Spade local connection, but I also think its way too late for Cordish to even pretend he is bringing a local homegrown feel to the District.  This is national chain city all the way.  That's fine for what it is and I think it will be very successful.  As long as places like the River Market and Crossroads can keep a more local flavor, I think the Power & Light District will be a great addition.  Its always good to have options of going to the national chains as well as local stores all in the same proximity. 
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Cordish has been consistent in saying there will be a good deal of local businesses.  So far Bristol, the grocery store, AMC are all local.  No doubt this is a chain oriented development though.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

chrizow wrote: indeed!  http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/st ... 00^1415582

"The company plans this year to take two of its local concepts, upscale Towson restaurant Vin and casual Power Plant eatery Mex, to other cities. Cordish is opening a second Vin in Houston and Vinino, a casual version of the concept, in Kansas City, where it will also open a second Mex."
mexkc.com has been registered...similar to mexbaltimore.com
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

Cyclops wrote:
Is there a history of adding wishful thinking to these renderings?
Some of the actual tenants, I believe, have been hinted at before in the renderings. The wine bar and Bristol both had a presence in the initial renderings, but the names flipped up a little bit.
toolegion
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by toolegion »

Not sure if this has been talked about, but the other day I was thinking about the local connection Cordish is always assuring will be in the district and the recent announcement of the Makers Mark Burbon House. Cordish in the past has done well working with local companies to create new restaurants/bars that have been successful and have even expanded to new cities.

I was thinking that Cordish should work with Boulevard Brewery to come up with a Boulevard bar/grille/restaurant. With the new brewery and the addition of five more beers and planned expansion in distribution I think a restaurant/bar would be a great addition.

Everyone I know loves the beer and many of my friends that live outside of the area of distribution take cases home with them when they visit.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Wasn't Kate Spade considering/planning a store on the Plaza?

Also, I think there is some state law that prevents Boulevard from operating a restaurant. I know the subject has come up before on this forum.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

KCMax wrote: Wasn't Kate Spade considering/planning a store on the Plaza?
The rumor for a few years was she was involved with Cordish. It was also rumored that she would have a part in the design of the district where her namesake shop would locate.

It seems that if she was going to open on the Plaza-- she would've done so already.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

KCMax wrote:
Also, I think there is some state law that prevents Boulevard from operating a restaurant. I know the subject has come up before on this forum.
yep.
eliphar17
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by eliphar17 »

CityLiving wrote:I also think its way too late for Cordish to even pretend he is bringing a local homegrown feel to the District.
Late in terms of what? The opening is still almost eight months away, and we've got less than 20% (maybe less than 10%?) of the tenant list. There is still tons of time for us to find out about the makeup of the district.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Post by QueSi2Opie »

GRID wrote: I don't want to look  :?
It's unbelievable how fast they fixed it.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.