2012 Downtown Housing Report

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
AJoD
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: 2012 Downtown Housing Report

Post by AJoD »

smh wrote:
staubio wrote:Yup, in the presentation to the Downtown Neighborhood Association, the River Market West project was 5 stories.

On the 2nd and Delaware, it looks like this will span Delaware with the street corridor entering the underground garage, with a courtyard built on top. Another unfortunate street vacation, but this one doesn't and can't go anywhere, so fair game.

How's that 2nd and Delaware project looking? I seem to remember some sort of standalone building in the renderings intended to be a restaurant, something like that? (APPLEBEE'S!)
Here's one cool proposal for the site from Arnold Development Group (click the right-most image):

http://www.arnolddevelopmentgroup.com/experience-2/
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

staubio wrote:What I've seen doesn't reference that, but I know they aren't done with planning yet. I'd be a little surprised to see that in this spot.
I think the drawing I saw had it on the triangle parcel just west of Delaware.

EDIT: If you look at AJoD's link. The building I'm talking about can be seen in image 5/5. Labeled "Freestanding Cafe".
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

smh, I believe what you are remembering was long ago, and someone elses "proposal".

The current plannning, which is still very much "planning", would erect buildings on either side of Delaware and require easement, but not vacation of Delaware.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

loftguy wrote:smh, I believe what you are remembering was long ago, and someone elses "proposal".

The current plannning, which is still very much "planning", would erect buildings on either side of Delaware and require easement, but not vacation of Delaware.
As long as it doesn't have surface parking, I'm probably on board.

... if anyone asks.
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

smh wrote:
loftguy wrote:smh, I believe what you are remembering was long ago, and someone elses "proposal".

... if anyone asks.
All garage at this point.
Zorobabel
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Zorobabel »

AJoD wrote:
smh wrote:
staubio wrote:Yup, in the presentation to the Downtown Neighborhood Association, the River Market West project was 5 stories.

On the 2nd and Delaware, it looks like this will span Delaware with the street corridor entering the underground garage, with a courtyard built on top. Another unfortunate street vacation, but this one doesn't and can't go anywhere, so fair game.

How's that 2nd and Delaware project looking? I seem to remember some sort of standalone building in the renderings intended to be a restaurant, something like that? (APPLEBEE'S!)
Here's one cool proposal for the site from Arnold Development Group (click the right-most image):

http://www.arnolddevelopmentgroup.com/experience-2/
Thanks for the link. The plan looks good, in my opinion.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

loftguy wrote:
smh wrote:

... if anyone asks.
All garage at this point.
Do you think that stretch is suitable for street level retail or office? I'd rather see something like that than just a parking garage entrance--but I suppose it's a low traffic block, dead end, etc.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

It's really low traffic.

There's always parking on the block on a summer weekend when everything else is taken nearby.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

The 2013 downtown housing report is out. Is more focused on stats this time, doesn't show full list of buildings like 2012 list.

http://www.downtownkc.org/wp-content/up ... port-1.pdf