In KC August 12th

Do a trip report here....go to another city and want to relate it to what KC is doing right or could do better? Give us a summary in here.
eomaha.com
Colonnade
Colonnade

Re: In KC August 12th

Post by eomaha.com »

(I find it easier just to block people, sort of like turning the xbox off when my son isn't behaving the way I want him to... as opposed to misbehaving 'back' at him :) )

Here's a little map showing where each of these areas sit... of course once upon a time street car service connected all of these parts of town.  How are the oil markets doing with Katrina?  Are we any closer to mass transit yet?? :)

Downtown sits approximately where the 'Omaha' symbol is located.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

Thanks for posting, e.  I would agree about Benson.  I forgot about that area, but it does indeed have an awesome old neighborhood feel.  Very similar to Brookside here -- or maybe more like Old Town Overland Park, I'd venture, without the strong residential component.  I like it better than Dundee, which I think is a more well-known area in Omaha probably because of the Dell. 

I know of the other neighborhoods and they are a little more hit and miss.  I'd say 24th is pretty solid, as is a lot of the "ghetto" up north.

I need to get back to Omaha and spend a day just riding around.  It has been three years now -- my how time flies.
eomaha.com
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by eomaha.com »

without the strong residential component
Are you not familiar with the Country Club neighborhood immediately south of 'downtown' Benson?  Some of Omaha's most beautiful brick tudors... cobblestone streets... lamp posts... beautiful.  I'll have to focus on some more residential photography in the near future... I always feel funny taking pictures of people homes.
DTO
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by DTO »

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

cool pics.  Nice work.  Thanks.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

i remember going to a saddle creek show 3 or 4 years ago at the sokal underground during a roadtrip and thinking...wow, i want to move here. that feeling has since faded, especially since i realized what kansas city has going for it...but i most definitely enjoyed my time in omaha.

and this is sort of off topic but i feel like saddle creek has created a slightly toxic environment in the omaha music scene. a lot of jealousy and animosity, or so i have heard...
DTO
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by DTO »

Not that I know. You should still move up. What KC is planning on doing Omaha is/has doing/done.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

DTO wrote: Not that I know. You should still move up. What KC is planning on doing Omaha is/has doing/done.
...and congratulation for being the third person on my ignore list!
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Post by KCN »

Don't ignore, you're missing good comedy with some of these Omaha forumers.
Boognish
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Boognish »

DTO wrote: Not that I know. You should still move up. What KC is planning on doing Omaha is/has doing/done.
Also, DTO's English speaks/has speaking/spoke. A winner is you, buddy.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

Boognish wrote: Also, DTO's English speaks/has speaking/spoke. A winner is you, buddy.
:lol:
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Wow, you build a Kemper II and you think that compares with what is/has been doing/done here?
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc