Marshall Apts (8 unit conversion - 110 W 9th)

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
KCDowntown
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Marshall Apts (8 unit conversion - 110 W 9th)

Post by KCDowntown »

A Code Modification Request to a plan from last August regarding the conversion of 110 W 9th to 8 apts. The attachments I looked at don't specify if these are just on the upper floors. I don't know how all of the permit hunters (myself included) missed this.

Streetview

KCDowntown
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Re: Marshall Apts (8 unit conversion - 110 W 9th)

Post by FangKC »

That building was built in 1885 to house the Dime Museum by showman Abraham Judah who featured the Wild Man of Borneo at the museum of freaks and curiosities. It was later the city's first art gallery. the Western Gallery of Art, this temporary home, founded by William Rockhill Nelson, was the precursor to the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art. That collection later moved to the public library on Locust and E. 9th Street which is now the office of Ozark National Life Insurance.

https://kchistory.org/image/9th-street-east-wyandotte
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: Marshall Apts (8 unit conversion - 110 W 9th)

Post by Cratedigger »

FangKC wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:03 am That building was built in 1885 to house the Dime Museum by showman Abraham Judah who featured the Wild Man of Borneo at the museum of freaks and curiosities. It was later the city's first art gallery. the Western Gallery of Art, this temporary home, founded by William Rockhill Nelson, was the precursor to the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art. That collection later moved to the public library on Locust and E. 9th Street which is now the office of Ozark National Life Insurance.

https://kchistory.org/image/9th-street-east-wyandotte
Very neat history - thank you