KCPD Crime Data

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
Metro
New York Life
New York Life

Re: KCPD Crime Data

Post by Metro »

Triple shooting by Prime on Grand last night. That place is a huge shit stain to the neighborhood. How do these hip hop clubs keep getting licenses from the city?
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Police are skewing crime statistics and calling a murder a traffic fatality. A friend in my neighborhood was killed Wednesday afternoon when he found someone stealing his truck. He grabbed onto the vehicle until he was dislodged and run over. Murder not a traffic fatality. If someone attempts to rob you, let them have it. Not right, but not worth being horribly killed.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I mean goes without saying how horrible sorry to hear but I don't think that's some big conspiracy on such a niche situation. Someone stealing a car isnt trying to murder anybody
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:48 pm I mean goes without saying how horrible sorry to hear but I don't think that's some big conspiracy on such a niche situation. Someone stealing a car isnt trying to murder anybody
And yet, they did. I'm inclined to agree with Moderne here.

Truly sorry to hear....
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Had reporters from KMBC 9 and KCMO 5 on my porch today, I just could not pull it together to go on camera. I am a late boomer and have seen a lot in my days, but this is first time in my life to have someone I greeted walking their dog past my place in the morning get murdered hours later. The reporters are also questioning why the police are calling this a traffic fatality. The perp also got his key ring, there are no known relatives in town so neighbors getting together to secure his house and another a block away he was rehabbing.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

moderne wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:35 am Police are skewing crime statistics and calling a murder a traffic fatality. A friend in my neighborhood was killed Wednesday afternoon when he found someone stealing his truck. He grabbed onto the vehicle until he was dislodged and run over. Murder not a traffic fatality. If someone attempts to rob you, let them have it. Not right, but not worth being horribly killed.
If someone attempts to rob you and you are killed in the process, that generally makes it a murder acc/to the felony-murder rule. The perp's intent to commit the felony is enough for a murder charge regardless of whether or not they intended to kill the victim. Not sure why this would ever be relegated to a traffic related death. Sorry to hear this happened in your neighborhood.
Anthony_Hugo98
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:48 pm Someone stealing a car isnt trying to murder anybody
I don’t think their intentions are what are taken into account here. The outcome is more so what they’re going to be building the case on, regardless of what the criminal was TRYING to do, a fatality resulted, meaning the result supersedes the intention
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I just dont see this as some smoking gun of widespread kcpd stat manipulation. Hope the criminal is charged with everything possible.
Metro
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Metro »

moderne wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:35 am Police are skewing crime statistics and calling a murder a traffic fatality. A friend in my neighborhood was killed Wednesday afternoon when he found someone stealing his truck. He grabbed onto the vehicle until he was dislodged and run over. Murder not a traffic fatality. If someone attempts to rob you, let them have it. Not right, but not worth being horribly killed.
Sorry for your loss. It's weird how murders are down but shootings are up. At any rate the levels of crime here are unacceptable it's amazing how accepting the citizens are of it.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Metro wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 12:52 pm
Sorry for your loss. It's weird how murders are down but shootings are up. At any rate the levels of crime here are unacceptable it's amazing how accepting the citizens are of it.
How do you gauge that citizens are accepting of it? I can't think of anybody I know that is okay with it.

I'd think accepting it would be those who don't want to see the PD forced to change in any way (like state control)
Metro
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Metro »

KCPowercat wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:15 pm
Metro wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 12:52 pm
How do you gauge that citizens are accepting of it? I can't think of anybody I know that is okay with it.

I'd think accepting it would be those who don't want to see the PD forced to change in any way (like state control)
They continue to vote for people who are soft on crime and then pretend like the city has no power to do anything. It's not true. How many times has Quinton called out the prosecutor office for not prosecuting property crimes? He won't do it because it's another Democrat. State or Local control doesn't matter this is a dumb talking point the cops do arrest people the prosecutor doesn't prosecute people.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

The mayor of a city has no power over a county prosecutor except a sound bite but yes bring it back to political party, it's super helpful and productive.
Metro
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Metro »

KCPowercat wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:25 am The mayor of a city has no power over a county prosecutor except a sound bite but yes bring it back to political party, it's super helpful and productive.
He does it all the time. The prosecutor office absolutely needs to be called out they don't even prosecute property or drug crime.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Metro wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 10:31 am

How many times has Quinton called out the prosecutor office for not prosecuting property crimes? He won't do it because it's another Democrat.
Metro wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:39 am

He does it all the time. The prosecutor office absolutely needs to be called out they don't even prosecute property or drug crime.
Talking in circles in back to back posts, new record.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Mayor stepping in where once again the state board continues to fail the city
https://x.com/QuintonLucasKC/status/1816443241346052425
Metro
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Metro »

KCPowercat wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:26 pm
Metro wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 10:31 am

How many times has Quinton called out the prosecutor office for not prosecuting property crimes? He won't do it because it's another Democrat.
Metro wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:39 am

Talking in circles in back to back posts, new record.
No you just are clueless on how things work.