OFFICIAL: Zona Rosa (tenants & phase II)

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
w00lyb00ger
Pad site
Pad site

Re: OFFICIAL: Zona Rosa (tenants & phase II)

Post by w00lyb00ger »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:05 pm
w00lyb00ger wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:39 am
TheLastGentleman wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:35 pm

Parking isn’t “petty sh**”. It is literally the urban form that has done the most direct and catastrophic damage to this city
It absolutely is. Grow up and get over it.
Nah, I don’t think an Urbanist Forum is going to be receptive to the idea of “get over it” for the most egregious land use possible.
Hate to break the bad news to you Johnny Come Lately but this isn’t an “urbanist forum”. If you were actually here like 20 years or so ago when it began maybe you would know that but I suspect you were preoccupied with Spongebob at the time. It was started to share and discuss development news across both the urban and suburban parts of the KC metro not to be a haven for thin skinned, pretentious elitists who think their world vision is the be all end all. And the fact of the matter is that however upset it might make you that not everyone shares your exact same views on the content discussed here you WILL need to dig down deep, find your inner adult, and get over it because most of us here give zero f***s about what you’re “receptive” to.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

To answer a previous question, I arrived on this forum after seeing it mentioned several times on UrbanSTL. I appreciate the spirited discussions that take place on here.

As for Zona Rosa, I haven’t gone shopping there since last spring, so I wasn’t aware of the parking garage being closed. Granted I always parked on the streets within the project instead of in a lot or garage. I think Zona Rosa has the opportunity of being a larger town center for the Northland, something the Metro North redevelopment failed to achieve. There’s room to grow and that’ll require rethinking the development. That means needing to give up surface parking for garages. More residents would do this project good in the long term. Make it a mini-downtown for this part of KC.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

w00lyb00ger wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 8:37 pm
Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:05 pm
w00lyb00ger wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:39 am

It absolutely is. Grow up and get over it.
Nah, I don’t think an Urbanist Forum is going to be receptive to the idea of “get over it” for the most egregious land use possible.
but I suspect you were preoccupied with Spongebob at the time.
lol sorry that I was *checks notes* not born earlier?

I’m also sorry that you can’t realize that there’s some animosity to this horrendous and rather pervasive land use that is surface parking by the generations that have come after you. It’s almost as if we’ve grown up in an environment that was painted with terrible land use that kept us isolated and closed off from society until we attained the ability to drive. We’ve seen pretty considerable negatives to this, with little, if any upside.

It’s hardly “thin skinned” to call out support for something as destructive as surface parking as a regressive and archaic mentality that is actively holding back our region. It’s just an objectively accurate observation, and people supporting the status quo of it are not doing our region, and its numerous municipalities any favors in regard to financial solvency, stewardship of tax payer dollars, and economic stimulation.

Im also pretty sure the one insinuating that any commentary critical of parking as a land use somehow means the individual is “arguing about petty shit” is probably the person who drove people off this forum, not the ones calling out the land use of parking.

That’s just my observation though, so who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️
mistervinix
New York Life
New York Life

Post by mistervinix »

Seems like a lot of empty storefronts still exist here. The old comedy club/movie theater building even has some boarded up doors and/or windows. Not a good look.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Why would they not just clobber the entire Zona Rosa area with high density residential? Build on the surface lots and empty lots that surround it.

Despite its landlocked location and being surrounded by low density sprawl, that place has so much potential and could be so much more than what it is. It really could be a nice destination suburban development.