Live Nation Amphitheater

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
mistervinix
New York Life
New York Life

Live Nation Amphitheater

Post by mistervinix »

What's the story with this? They supposedly broke ground in January but every time I drive by Horizons Parkway and 635 in Riverside I see no progress (or can even tell exactly where it's going to be).
somedude
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Re: Live Nation Amphitheater

Post by somedude »

Its moving forward - Phase 1 was to build the surcharge pad - due to the crappy soil. Surcharge wont be completed until September... Phase 2 which is some parking lots should begin shortly and Phase 3 the actual Amphitheater won't start until Mid September.
Metro
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Metro »

Will this put Sandstone out of business?
langosta
Penntower
Penntower

Post by langosta »

somedude wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:05 pm Its moving forward - Phase 1 was to build the surcharge pad - due to the crappy soil. Surcharge wont be completed until September... Phase 2 which is some parking lots should begin shortly and Phase 3 the actual Amphitheater won't start until Mid September.
Live Nation being sued by the DOJ may but an end to their vertically integrated promotion, ticketing, and venue owner/operator business model.
brooksidebadgers
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by brooksidebadgers »

langosta wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:38 pm
somedude wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:05 pm Its moving forward - Phase 1 was to build the surcharge pad - due to the crappy soil. Surcharge wont be completed until September... Phase 2 which is some parking lots should begin shortly and Phase 3 the actual Amphitheater won't start until Mid September.
Live Nation being sued by the DOJ may but an end to their vertically integrated promotion, ticketing, and venue owner/operator business model.
Its about time. They have held a monopoly for too long
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

They may be forced to make changes but they won’t be forced to change their business model. AEG/ASM does the same thing with AXS.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Metro wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:45 pm Will this put Sandstone out of business?
Yes.
langosta
Penntower
Penntower

Post by langosta »

DColeKC wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:06 am
They may be forced to make changes but they won’t be forced to change their business model. AEG/ASM does the same thing with AXS.
I believe the articles said Ticketmaster spin off is the likely request.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Here's the latest on $120M Live Nation amphitheater in Riverside
Live Nation's plans involve at least 15,000 seats in a mix of pit, general admission, lawn and premium seats — a majority of which will be covered by a 100,000-square-foot, 70-foot-tall roof. The venue also is planned with 15 ancillary buildings for restrooms, food vendors, VIP and box office areas; 215 fixed and mobile points of sale; and more than 5,400 general and rideshare parking spaces. Other land around the amphitheater could house future complementary commercial development, such as restaurants or a hotel, Rose said.

Once open, Rose has said Live Nation's amphitheater could bring 37 to 40 annual shows, including big events and concerts.

"They're telling me that this amphitheater and the state-of-the-art quality of this build will draw the crowds that you see Downtown (at T-Mobile Center)," she said. "Those kinds of acts will be here, so that's very exciting for our community."

Riverside may not be the only metro city that becomes home to a new Live Nation facility. Representatives of the Homefield development in Kansas City, Kansas, since last year have proposed a multisport and live music arena with about 3,500 seats in concert with the company. However, the parties did not have a completed lease as of a development agreement update in early May, according to local filings.
https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... 8&empos=p8
Metro
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Metro »

Is this a good thing? I've heard alot of complaints about Live Nation. It seems like any big concert I want to see is already expensive + with the cost to Uber it's a no for me. Sandstone is a piece of shit so I suppose it's an upgrade in that regard.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Metro wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 1:41 am Is this a good thing? I've heard alot of complaints about Live Nation. It seems like any big concert I want to see is already expensive + with the cost to Uber it's a no for me. Sandstone is a piece of shit so I suppose it's an upgrade in that regard.
This is a great thing. Live Nation gets too much undeserved hate due to the ticketmaster fiascos but they're good venue operators and have most of the great outdoor summer tours. A new facility will mean we will stop being skipped over by many great tours and could even steal some STL shows.

Sandstone needs to take a knee. Not only due to it's age, but it's location.

Shows are expensive for sure, many reasons for that but no denying some of it's greed.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

100% Sandstone location is awful, it's so far away from the metro.

I'm not going to get on here and call this "walkable," nor would you necessarily want a large outdoor venue like this in a dense community, but the MO Riverfront trail does go by here, and you could bike/walk to downtown Parkville and Argosy from the proposed site.
langosta
Penntower
Penntower

Post by langosta »

alejandro46 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 10:56 pm 100% Sandstone location is awful, it's so far away from the metro.

I'm not going to get on here and call this "walkable," nor would you necessarily want a large outdoor venue like this in a dense community, but the MO Riverfront trail does go by here, and you could bike/walk to downtown Parkville and Argosy from the proposed site.
Would have loved to have seen this at Penn Valley Park. I’ve generally thought some semi-private use cases might be beneficial.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Anyone been by this site in awhile? Wondering what the status is.
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

DColeKC wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 3:37 pm Anyone been by this site in awhile? Wondering what the status is.
Basically it looks a like a large amount of dirt has been moved but not much else. Thought I heard about an issue lowering or moving a Magellan pipe beneath the site. I occasionally follow Riverside board of alderman updates, will follow up if I learn more.