Abnos properties

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Abnos properties

Post by moderne »

A judge has ordered liquidation of 45 Abnos owned properties. He did not pay damages he was ordered to pay for an assault on a tenant by one of his employees.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: Abnos properties

Post by Highlander »

Does he still own the Firestone Building?
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Firestone not listed on auction site. The Marquette Hotel on Armour just east of Troost is on list(highest bid 300,000) and some other buildings in that area.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Good opportunity for someone to take control of his property on Gregory as well.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

moderne wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:21 am Firestone not listed on auction site. The Marquette Hotel on Armour just east of Troost is on list(highest bid 300,000) and some other buildings in that area.
I guess that's just event space anyway? Has that building ever been renovated for apartments?
CrossroadsUrbanApts
Ambassador

Post by CrossroadsUrbanApts »

These are Oliver Abnos' properties up for auction, not Nicholas'. Nicholas owns Firestone building, Brandsmart, etc. A third brother owns that office building at the southeast corner of 63rd and Rockhill.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Which one owns the Insurance Building on the NW corner of 10th and Oak?
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Highlander wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:36 am
moderne wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:21 am Firestone not listed on auction site. The Marquette Hotel on Armour just east of Troost is on list(highest bid 300,000) and some other buildings in that area.
I guess that's just event space anyway? Has that building ever been renovated for apartments?
If you are talking about the Marquette Club, no. It was slowly gutted and the work (like most Abnos properties) has been going on for years.

The link below shows the interior as it currently is. I don't know what the best use of this building would be.

https://www.remax.com/mo/kansas-city/ho ... 70/2468121

I don't think all the floors of the Firestone Building were converted into apartments. I know that there is at least one since Queer Eye rented it for the series they did in Kansas City for the talent to live in.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

CrossroadsUrbanApts wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:50 am These are Oliver Abnos' properties up for auction, not Nicholas'. Nicholas owns Firestone building, Brandsmart, etc. A third brother owns that office building at the southeast corner of 63rd and Rockhill.
Why do you have to pop our balloon? Hahaha.
CrossroadsUrbanApts
Ambassador

I was going to bid for the property but with 20 mins until close of auction the value has shot up to over $720K. Oh well.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

CrossroadsUrbanApts wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:39 pm I was going to bid for the property but with 20 mins until close of auction the value has shot up to over $720K. Oh well.
Do you mean the Marquette Club? If so, what would you have done with it?
CrossroadsUrbanApts
Ambassador

Sorry, wasn't clear. I meant the building where Earl's Premier is located. It is part of the auction. It is up to $777K.

Let me see what the Marquette Club is at...
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

CrossroadsUrbanApts wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:09 pm Sorry, wasn't clear. I meant the building where Earl's Premier is located. It is part of the auction. It is up to $777K.

Let me see what the Marquette Club is at...
The Brookside Shopping Center.
CrossroadsUrbanApts
Ambassador

Marquette Club has 15 bids at $326,500 right now. Still going higher.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

CrossroadsUrbanApts wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:11 pm Marquette Club has 15 bids at $326,500 right now. Still going higher.
So we need to pool some cash and get a Rag owned building is what you’re saying?
Sirius_Blue
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Sirius_Blue »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:21 pm
CrossroadsUrbanApts wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:11 pm Marquette Club has 15 bids at $326,500 right now. Still going higher.
So we need to pool some cash and get a Rag owned building is what you’re saying?
Hell yeah
Sirius_Blue
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Sirius_Blue »

I'm unreasonably excited to boot Oliver out of my neighborhood (Squier Park). I've had to stare at that crumbling Marquette Club for a decade now. I've witnessed Oliver's creepiness toward my neighbors, his shitty "work" on the building itself, and the multiple randoms he lets sleep in there.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

If memory serves me, I heard that Abnos sold all the interior fixtures to some architectural salvage place. Has anyone else heard this?
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

FangKC wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:47 am If memory serves me, I heard that Abnos sold all the interior fixtures to some architectural salvage place. Has anyone else heard this?
Yeah, I've posted about it. I found some salvage from that the windows/doors/salvage spot in one of his buildings that just sold at 3222 Troost. Also at a garage sale held by someone who worked at a business in one of his buildings.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

FangKC wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:33 pm
Highlander wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:36 am
If you are talking about the Marquette Club, no. It was slowly gutted and the work (like most Abnos properties) has been going on for years.

The link below shows the interior as it currently is. I don't know what the best use of this building would be.

https://www.remax.com/mo/kansas-city/ho ... 70/2468121

I don't think all the floors of the Firestone Building were converted into apartments. I know that there is at least one since Queer Eye rented it for the series they did in Kansas City for the talent to live in.
Thanks. I don't get their business model. Purchase real estate and do nothing. They could probably make quite a bit of these properties if they invested in them wisely.