OFFICIAL - Loews Convention Hotel (formerly Hyatt)

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: OFFICIAL - Loews Convention Hotel (formerly Hyatt)

Post by KCPowercat »

UMKCroo wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:49 pm
DMNBT_RCJH wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:59 pm Will the volleyball tournaments ever end?
It's nice to see people traversing through the crossroads on foot. A nice departure from the general ghost town vibes Im normally experiencing. It does seem we have become somewhat of a youth/college sports tournament destination, wouldn't be my first pick, but I suppose beggars can't be choosers.
Yeah leave it to out of town high schoolers and college kids and their parents to show the KCar residents how our walkable our downtown is. It has been great, I'm sure the casual restaurants love them too.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

That's still going on? There were volleyball tournaments in town last time we were there back in Feb. Most people walking downtown and probably half the people going through KCI while we did were there for that. Seems like a huge event. Must be multiple events.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

GRID wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:30 pm That's still going on? There were volleyball tournaments in town last time we were there back in Feb. Most people walking downtown and probably half the people going through KCI while we did were there for that. Seems like a huge event. Must be multiple events.
There are. This week is collegiate club. Earlier was Missouri High School.