Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Regional Transit Coordination

Post by im2kull »

Belvidere wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:00 am City Council agenda:

SPECIAL COMMITTEE FOR LEGAL REVIEW
Mayor Lucas, Chair

240360 - Sponsor: Councilmember Melissa Patterson-Hazley

RESOLUTION - Directing the City Manager to research how other cities fund and have developed creative, sustainable programs to fund affordable housing creation; and report back to Council in 30 days.
Pathetic. We don't need to throw more money at research. We just need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot and caving to special interest groups.

1. Ignore KCT and don't deny approvals exclusively based on their input
2. Stop appointing KCT members to city boards & commissions
3. Stop trying to fund fringe social programs through housing developers
4. Don't alienate developers
5. Eliminate red tape
6. Create a landlord incentive fund
7. Repeal the SOI ban that's full of junk and replace it with a real SOI ban
8. Vote in a mayor & council that supports development as much as the city manager
Belvidere
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Belvidere »

im2kull wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:09 am
Belvidere wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:00 am City Council agenda:

SPECIAL COMMITTEE FOR LEGAL REVIEW
Mayor Lucas, Chair

240360 - Sponsor: Councilmember Melissa Patterson-Hazley

RESOLUTION - Directing the City Manager to research how other cities fund and have developed creative, sustainable programs to fund affordable housing creation; and report back to Council in 30 days.
Pathetic. We don't need to throw more money at research. We just need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot and caving to special interest groups.

1. Ignore KCT and don't deny approvals exclusively based on their input
2. Stop appointing KCT members to city boards & commissions
3. Stop trying to fund fringe social programs through housing developers
4. Don't alienate developers
5. Eliminate red tape
6. Create a landlord incentive fund
7. Repeal the SOI ban that's full of junk and replace it with a real SOI ban
8. Vote in a mayor & council that supports development as much as the city manager

Patterson Hazley is not anti-development. I'm curious to know what kind of policies she is considering, which may include something for vacant buildings. I think she also plans to have a forum for developers to understand their roadblocks.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Belvidere wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:43 pm Patterson Hazley is not anti-development. I'm curious to know what kind of policies she is considering, which may include something for vacant buildings. I think she also plans to have a forum for developers to understand their roadblocks.
If you follow her on X, she's very suburban-style development. She's not for any density that would be likely promoted on this board and seems to only really want incentives for the East Side.
Belvidere
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Belvidere »

beautyfromashes wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:38 pm
Belvidere wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:43 pm Patterson Hazley is not anti-development. I'm curious to know what kind of policies she is considering, which may include something for vacant buildings. I think she also plans to have a forum for developers to understand their roadblocks.
If you follow her on X, she's very suburban-style development. She's not for any density that would be likely promoted on this board and seems to only really want incentives for the East Side.
Well, that's her district, even if she is at large, and 3rd D needs help. I think she has more range and understands context. I have hope she will craft useful policies.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Belvidere wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:54 pm Well, that's her district, even if she is at large, and 3rd D needs help. I think she has more range and understands context. I have hope she will craft useful policies.
I really don’t. She has a point of view more in line with 6 and 5, maybe even 1 and 2 than anything urban at all. I’d expect her to adamantly oppose anything relating to bike transportation, walkability, density, etc. For some reason, people think that if you’re a progressive that you’re automatically an urbanist and expect advocacy in that direction. Just not the case.