New Chiefs Stadium

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: New Chiefs Stadium

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:31 pm People use KC tenants like a freaking crutch. They aren't that powerful. It's pure inept KC leadership. Just like this vote was purely on the owners but everybody blaming KC tenants. Lol.
KC, JACO & Royals leadership are all inept, no question, but you’re naive if you think the Tenants don’t have any political pull. A not so insignificant amount of their voting block is in my age bracket, and it’s ever expanding. More of my age bracket is VERY supportive of Marxist ideology than you’d believe. Do they have the ability to control everything about KCMO or JACO? Nah, but they have the ability to sway elections if they try…
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:02 pm
KCPowercat wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:31 pm People use KC tenants like a freaking crutch. They aren't that powerful. It's pure inept KC leadership. Just like this vote was purely on the owners but everybody blaming KC tenants. Lol.
KC, JACO & Royals leadership are all inept, no question, but you’re naive if you think the Tenants don’t have any political pull. A not so insignificant amount of their voting block is in my age bracket, and it’s ever expanding. More of my age bracket is VERY supportive of Marxist ideology than you’d believe. Do they have the ability to control everything about KCMO or JACO? Nah, but they have the ability to sway elections if they try…
They're well funded by rich people who have things to gain by stifling development.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

They did not sway this election, the royals and chiefs did that all by themselves.
Midtownkid
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by Midtownkid »

GRID wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:53 pm At this point, I think the Chiefs are better off in KS.

I have conceeded that there is no stopping the continued migration of KC's economy and culture to the KS side.
What 'culture' is moving to Kansas from the Missouri side? I don't think we have lost any cultural institutions, artist, or anything else you would call culture to KS.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

TheUrbanRoo wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:57 pm Ok DCole but here’s what you’re not getting…if the Chiefs “aren’t going anywhere” then they’re gonna have to do a HELL of alot more than they showed in those renderings. They might need a dome, they will atleast need a whole new exterior. Prob some legit development there too.

Kansas will offer all of that. If Missouri can get atleast close to that then yeah they’ll stay. But def not with that shit they just showed us.
I think they just need to do better on the stadium improvements. They don't need ancillary development next to the stadium outside of the tailgate zone or whatever they called it. I do think they would be smart to build world class training facilities and corporate office space at TSC but not a full on retail and entertainment development.

They also don't need a dome or a roof. Would it be great to have best of both worlds? Sure, but you ruin the entire point of staying at Arrowhead if you put a roof over it. It's just not worth the idea of adding a Final Four or something occasionally. Don't get me wrong, I've dreamed of a Sofi style roof that would allow the stadium to keep it's iconic shape and features, but I can't imagine that investment is worth it unless they're committing to staying for 40 years.

I do agree the exterior could use more work and a complete wrap to modernize that portion. The iconic part of Arrowhead is the interior bowl and game experience.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

DColeKC wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:54 pm
KCPowercat wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:33 pm
GRID wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:22 pm If KS is able to put together a proposal to build the Chiefs a brand new modern stadium, how is MO going to compete with that? Would they be able to? And if MO somehow does find a billion or more dollars for the Chiefs, what happens to the Royals? Is MO going to come up with money for two new stadiums? The Royals are going to need state help if they are staying in MO.

I think the Chiefs are off to KS and the Royals are off to NKC and Jackson County will continue to deteriorate outside of Lee's Summit and western KCMO.
Royals will give downtown another shot. Chiefs to Kansas won't hurt most peoples feelings but I doubt it happens.
What?! You will see outrage like you've never seen before if they suggest they're going to leave Arrowhead. It will make the "save the K' group look like pre-school children.

The Chiefs aren't going anywhere but they need to let people think it's a possibility to get what they want. Let Kansas think they've got a chance, city and state step up and we're settled for 25 years.
Correct. Chiefs are a state-level boarder war battle now. A war that won't get hot until the Royals have plan in place. And that could be several years. Look at Oakland and Tampa.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Outrage from sports fans yes but as some want to give rise to the KC tenants' of the world there are tons more moderate non sports fans that see Jackson county carrying the chiefs as an unnecessary burden on the city and county and would love to share the burden across the metro
Metro
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Metro »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:02 pm
Lol this country is fucked if Marxism becomes popular
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

I'm getting sick of it. This is becoming a textbook example of scapegoating and it's really gross.
Metro
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Metro »

TheLastGentleman wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:38 pm
I'm getting sick of it. This is becoming a textbook example of scapegoating and it's really gross.
Disagree. They have money and are organized not too many other groups you can say that about in KC. Had they came out in favor of this it likely would have passed.
MidKC
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by MidKC »

KCTenants absolutely has a good amount of power in this city. Especially with young black and progressive voters, which is a large part of the voters in Jackson Co.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Metro wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:49 pm
Disagree. They have money and are organized not too many other groups you can say that about in KC. Had they came out in favor of this it likely would have passed.
lol
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

shinatoo wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:27 pm
DColeKC wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:54 pm
KCPowercat wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:33 pm

Royals will give downtown another shot. Chiefs to Kansas won't hurt most peoples feelings but I doubt it happens.
What?! You will see outrage like you've never seen before if they suggest they're going to leave Arrowhead. It will make the "save the K' group look like pre-school children.

The Chiefs aren't going anywhere but they need to let people think it's a possibility to get what they want. Let Kansas think they've got a chance, city and state step up and we're settled for 25 years.
Correct. Chiefs are a state-level boarder war battle now. A war that won't get hot until the Royals have plan in place. And that could be several years. Look at Oakland and Tampa.
Royals plan won’t take years. They already know what they want and have the renderings. They just need more than 3 weeks to sell it properly. Also, that lease is coming up soon enough where they’d need to start like…now
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Hell they didn't have the whole package together until day of voting. Just count the things that changed / were agreed to in the last week. Complete failure.
Metro
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Metro »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:16 pm

lol
I get it man you didn't get your little stadium now youre all aggro about it. Yeah KC Tennants have no power. Organization and money mean nothing in local elections. Maybe they should all just post about downtown on a 20 person website instead :roll:
Last edited by Metro on Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

MayorQ wrote: Don't believe the noise. We are committed to retention of our teams with vastly lower expenses--think needed infrastructure build out--than even an intra-metro move. Both teams will be in KCMO in 2040 and long after.
ericwyner
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ericwyner »

MidKC wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:50 pm KCTenants absolutely has a good amount of power in this city. Especially with young black and progressive voters, which is a large part of the voters in Jackson Co.
will they try to find someone to primary Cleaver in 2026? could they find someone to win the Democratic primary for a statewide office?
Last edited by ericwyner on Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Metro wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:24 pm
KCPowercat wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:16 pm

lol
I get it man you didn't get your little stadium now youre all aggro about it. Yeah KC Tennants have no power. Organization and money mean nothing in local elections. Maybe they should all just post about downtown on a 20 person website instead :roll:
Such a weird approach
Imarealperson
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Imarealperson »

DColeKC wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:59 am
Imarealperson wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:02 am
dnweava wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:27 am Just a reminder that Kansas only earned $7 million from sports betting for it's first full year. Sports betting tax revenue will not pay for a stadium alone in either state so we don't have to worry about Kansas being able to use that to build the Chiefs a $2 billion dome capable of hosting superbowls/final fours like they may want. I also don't think the NFL or NCAA would have any interest in hosting events at the legends when so many cities have downtown domes and Chicago and Nashville are about to join that downtown Dome list of cities like Detroit, Indy, New Orleans, etc They aren't hosting their event in a field in Kansas over downtown in a cool city.

MO has twice the population, and some of that $7 million is coming from MO residents living in KC that drive to KS to bet, so you can expect that to go down once MO legalizes it. Let's say the state of MO offers the Chiefs $10-15 million/year from expected sports betting revenue, there would still be a big gap in funding to fill.
Houston, Phoenix are both NCAA sites that have little around them. Plus Arlington.
Arlington might not have great residential around the stadium but it's a perfect setup for big events. Glendale Arizona is great too with the development right there and a big new VIA resort being built up.
You add that Mattel theme park and the Homefield development, that’s pretty good start. Plus that’s without the NFL stadium,
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Just got a survey from Jackson County on why I voted yes or no. All the questions were about the Royals. Personally thought the Chiefs proposal was just as bad for the same reasons. Ambiguity on how the tax money was specifically being spent.