The Midland Lofts (formerly Midland Office Building)

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Re: The Midland Lofts (formerly Midland Office Building)

Post by DColeKC »

smh wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:39 pm
DColeKC wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:29 pm
DaveKCMO wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:29 pm

1. 4 Light behind Main Street theater
2. Strata
3. Truman & Main?
Far more than 3 planned towers, they're just not all in PNL. I'm sure that news will break over the next few weeks.
WELCOME BACK!!!!
Only for a few minutes! First thread I clicked into sent my blood pressure up which is why I left.

It's been a serious bummer not being able to share so much information on here. I always think of this group when I have info I know you all would find interesting, but there's too much hate on here, not to mention eyes are on this forum from the media. So, back into the bushes I go!
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

DColeKC wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:49 pm
DColeKC wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:29 pm

Far more than 3 planned towers, they're just not all in PNL. I'm sure that news will break over the next few weeks.
WELCOME BACK!!!!
Only for a few minutes! First thread I clicked into sent my blood pressure up which is why I left.

It's been a serious bummer not being able to share so much information on here. I always think of this group when I have info I know you all would find interesting, but there's too much hate on here, not to mention eyes are on this forum from the media. So, back into the bushes I go!
DCole just ignore those two haters. The rest of us value you here. Keep posting, it'll be worth it!
atticus23
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by atticus23 »

TheUrbanRoo wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:01 pm
DColeKC wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:49 pm

WELCOME BACK!!!!

DCole just ignore those two haters. The rest of us value you here. Keep posting, it'll be worth it!
I second this! Thank you for feeling safe enough to come back and chat if only for a few threads. I, as do others, appreciate your knowledge and info on various projects.
KCDowntown
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCDowntown »

atticus23 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:59 pm I second this!
Thirds

KCDowntown
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Signage up in lobby window on 13th and Baltimore
SiouxCity KCMO Man
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by SiouxCity KCMO Man »

I want to believe DT has several high rises on the way, but so much of this stuff never seems to come to fruition. What percentage of the stock still DT needs renovated that is currently vacant. The old Fed Reserve, Scarritt to name just a couple. I really hope some of this stuff starts happening and that the designs are more than just cookie cutter stuff! In PNL, how much more space is there? After 4L and Midland what is left?
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

SiouxCity KCMO Man wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:20 pm I want to believe DT has several high rises on the way, but so much of this stuff never seems to come to fruition. What percentage of the stock still DT needs renovated that is currently vacant. The old Fed Reserve, Scarritt to name just a couple. I really hope some of this stuff starts happening and that the designs are more than just cookie cutter stuff! In PNL, how much more space is there? After 4L and Midland what is left?
The old Muehlebach, Federal Reserve, Scarritt, 901 Grand/Temple Building (although the owner uses the second floor for his office), old Louis Curtis Studio building on McGee, the Abnos-owned building at 10th and Oak. These are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. They’re all smaller though and much more manageable. However, in the case of Louis Curtis and the Abnos buildings, they’re small and can be difficult to work with. You’re nearing the point where new construction proposals will become more common, but you need the Federal Reserve and Muehlebach to be redeveloped first.

Muehlebach should’ve redeveloped been when Hotel KC was underway, but that fizzled out. Hopefully that redevelopment commences after the Midland is proven to be a success. If the developer of the Federal Reserve and Scarritt were both experienced, both would’ve been done by now.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Also the Carnival Building at W. 8th and Broadway, AT&T Building on E. 8th, Palace Clothing Company Building at 12th and Grand, Barton Brothers Shoe Factory at W. 8th and Washington, Poindexter Building at W. 8th and Broadway, the Aladdin Hotel at 12th and Wyandotte, former Peck's Dept. Store building at W. 11th and Main, and 929 Walnut.

The Federal Reserve Bank needs to be sold to some other developer. It's ridiculous how long it has sat empty.
Eon Blue
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Eon Blue »

I’d hope that some day the Bryant Building gets a new life. It’s wasted as a vertical data center.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

FangKC wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:22 am Also the Carnival Building at W. 8th and Broadway, AT&T Building on E. 8th, Palace Clothing Company Building at 12th and Grand, Barton Brothers Shoe Factory at W. 8th and Washington, Poindexter Building at W. 8th and Broadway, the Aladdin Hotel at 12th and Wyandotte, former Peck's Dept. Store building at W. 11th and Main, and 929 Walnut.

The Federal Reserve Bank needs to be sold to some other developer. It's ridiculous how long it has sat empty.
Walked by the AT&T building on 8th today. Looked like some interior demo work was being done
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

This building is supposed to open in May and it sounds like it is on track.
bspecht
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by bspecht »

Permits picking up pace, but I'd be surprised if May is still the plan. https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod ... ab=summary
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

bspecht wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:37 pm Permits picking up pace, but I'd be surprised if May is still the plan. https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod ... ab=summary
May is still the target opening month. I’m told they’re on pace.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Wanna hear something wild?

The Midland Lofts website says 53 apartments are available of the 135 being built. Already 60% leased if that's the case. Could they open with a 90%+ occupancy number?
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:40 pm Wanna hear something wild?

The Midland Lofts website says 53 apartments are available of the 135 being built. Already 60% leased if that's the case. Could they open with a 90%+ occupancy number?
Are these the P&L District "affordable" units? If so, shows there is a market for that in downtown.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Highlander wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:31 am
Chris Stritzel wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:40 pm Wanna hear something wild?

Are these the P&L District "affordable" units? If so, shows there is a market for that in downtown.
Could easily be that inventory has not been “released” on the leading website. Could be 0% leased for all we know
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Yeah there is no way that website is accurate at this point.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:40 am Yeah there is no way that website is accurate at this point.
It's accurate.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

DColeKC wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:47 pm
KCPowercat wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:40 am Yeah there is no way that website is accurate at this point.
It's accurate.
so how have they leased these out without a leasing office? Advertising? Anything? prearranged through some agreement?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:56 pm
DColeKC wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:47 pm
It's accurate.
so how have they leased these out without a leasing office? Advertising? Anything? prearranged through some agreement?
They're managed by the same team who manages the light buildings. They've been advertising for months and hosting happy hours as well. The leasing started awhile ago and some model units are almost ready to round out the sales pitch.