OFFICIAL - New KCI Terminal

Transportation topics in KC
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: OFFICIAL - New KCI Terminal

Post by langosta »

Sani wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:31 am
langosta wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:09 am Stations are airport terminal, new economy lot, and rental car facility. the other box is for the maintenance facility.

I can say that traditional airport APM was looked at as well as LRT/Streetcar. No real study was apparently completed
The APM to the economy lot/garage and rental car center and the proposal for mass transit from KCI to downtown are two separate projects, correct? Or are they looking at somehow combining them into one, where there's like a free-fare zone for the airport locations or something?
The APM is not a real project. Something that was thought about when the terminal was under construction. Some presentations were made no real study or designs. It was just thought that at the time to consider using vehicles and tracks that could eventually be extended to downtown.

Technically, there remains city bonding capacity to build an APM approved by voters in the 80s or 90s.

The current KCMo study is about is its own thing.

Edit: $250 million of bonding capacity remains from the August 2000 airport election.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Picked someone up yesterday evening. Sign said terminal parking limited and to use economy. Which got me thinking when are they going to get real time availability going for surface lot? Annoying

Arrivals parking control were out in force keeping the curb lane clear. I assume given spring break time they have extra people but the curb lane was basically empty. They had attendants ever 15 feet mean mugging anybody who dated get on the curb. Made it much more efficient.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:07 am Picked someone up yesterday evening. Sign said terminal parking limited and to use economy. Which got me thinking when are they going to get real time availability going for surface lot? Annoying

Arrivals parking control were out in force keeping the curb lane clear. I assume given spring break time they have extra people but the curb lane was basically empty. They had attendants ever 15 feet mean mugging anybody who dated get on the curb. Made it much more efficient.
When I had gone to get my private security Commision from KCPD, there were something like 20-30 KC Airport Police in the same class, and apparently they have an equal number of them in this next class.
KC_Ari
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KC_Ari »

Going from Austin to our airport today. At least we have something over them. That airport always feels claustrophobic, dark, and dated.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

The grab and go bbq sandwich at AUS are great. We should steal that idea.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

KC_Ari wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:53 pm Going from Austin to our airport today. At least we have something over them. That airport always feels claustrophobic, dark, and dated.
Isn’t a big chunk of that airport basically a huge atrium with 3 story high ceilings? I never got dark or dated from it personally.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

dev49 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:01 am
KC_Ari wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:53 pm Going from Austin to our airport today. At least we have something over them. That airport always feels claustrophobic, dark, and dated.
Isn’t a big chunk of that airport basically a huge atrium with 3 story high ceilings? I never got dark or dated from it personally.

Sani
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Sani »

I noticed on flykc.com that it no longer says "coming soon" for the availability of economy spaces under the garage availability. Have they given up on trying to maintain a live count of available spots in the economy lot? Weird to lose it after having it for so many years. Vendor issue?

Also, do we know what's under the tape on the "Surface Parking" sign seen here? https://maps.app.goo.gl/aLKb2dNSrLfqYazc7
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Yeah I"ve always wondered what is below that tape. The count for economy lot seems unnecessary but for that surface lot it would sure be helpful if one is deciding to park there as the alternatives are a spendy garage lot and maybe not enough time to loop back to economy for that option.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Sani wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:42 am I noticed on flykc.com that it no longer says "coming soon" for the availability of economy spaces under the garage availability. Have they given up on trying to maintain a live count of available spots in the economy lot? Weird to lose it after having it for so many years. Vendor issue?

Also, do we know what's under the tape on the "Surface Parking" sign seen here? https://maps.app.goo.gl/aLKb2dNSrLfqYazc7
It says something else about parking.

I saw it on a windy/snowy day and the letters left a bit of a imprint on the tape. All I could make out while driving was "parking."
KC is the way to be!
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Sani wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:42 am I noticed on flykc.com that it no longer says "coming soon" for the availability of economy spaces under the garage availability. Have they given up on trying to maintain a live count of available spots in the economy lot? Weird to lose it after having it for so many years. Vendor issue?

Should be fixed now
Sani
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Sani »

langosta wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:52 pm

Should be fixed now
What's fixed, the sign?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

2nd lounge space being built out according to this tweet. 10k sf.

https://twitter.com/YourMciGuy/status/1 ... 7504427256
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

KCPowercat wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:00 pm 2nd lounge space being built out according to this tweet. 10k sf.

Common use
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

langosta wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:47 pm
KCPowercat wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:00 pm 2nd lounge space being built out according to this tweet. 10k sf.

Common use
Meaning multiple airlines? So like an Amex Escape?
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Cratedigger wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:59 pm

Common use
3rd Party... like an AMEX Excape, Capital One, priority pass, etc. Doubtful AMEX given the Delta lounge but who knows
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Priority pass is the most likely but hoping for annex escape
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

langosta wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:36 pm

Common use
3rd Party... like an AMEX Excape, Capital One, priority pass, etc. Doubtful AMEX given the Delta lounge but who knows
Will be a CAVU Escape lounge. Free access with priority pass. so included with a platinum card or sapphire reserve
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Cavu? Not sure I've ever heard of that in my lounge visiting

Edit oh looks like that's the company amex partnered with. Awesome that's what I was.hoping for ! Opening 2024?????
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

langosta wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:24 pm
langosta wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:36 pm

Will be a CAVU Escape lounge. Free access with priority pass. so included with a platinum card or sapphire reserve
Incredible

I plan to use this often in that case